**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Skill based game vs the champion 6.2.6 ( suggestions we don’t all have cap )

Markg25Markg25 Posts: 593 ★★★
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
So most of us has came up against the champion and resided to the fact that we’re more than likely going to need capiw to clear the last 10%

Massive damage though the block wiped me out with everyone I tired and I came out absolutely no point in reviving or buying unit packs 👎🏼 ( running multiple 5/65s fully boosted)

6.2 was never going to be easy but we got to the boss, to have our progress halted by not having a certain champion, this is terrible game design imo (I’m all for champ restrictions in Act 6 and gated paths , it’ll extend the lifespan of this game “all good” 👍🏼)

Kabam mentioned in the 6.2 release notes that we’ll be able to get a initial clear when these gates are added but it doesn't seem to be the the case. The last fight is basically gated to having cap IW.

So what would make this skill based ?

We still need a tough fight but we need a fair fight.

Skill based game vs the champion 6.2.6 ( suggestions we don’t all have cap ) 65 votes

Change the indestructible charges to 10 intercept charges
16%
SiliyoErza_ScarletNanoDroidBergy25ascendanceendryuKillerRino19RakeYoungLoctiteSuperGlueMiStaLovaNarwhal52x 11 votes
Make it so the charges can be permanently removed over multiple fights.
55%
XHans_GruberXMellymel62TheManMythLegendYotzbuuadqqedfyvrAhongIron_DeceiverFoxhero007SpielernameSavio444CliffordcanThecrusher_9756MagSandeepSMcord117Oliverbambinozeezee57Kobster84LittlePete 36 votes
Remove the charges completely and add something else ( please state )
16%
ArcDeAngelusrazielSpeedbumpHENRIQUE_FORTEBboychoboAkhilxcxSamdroxtaarIDogeStrikerrx8OGAvengerGenyl 11 votes
Leave as it is we’re fine we’re one of the few who has maxed out cap iw 😴
10%
xNigLvernon15_ASDF_Maldroit2CainTehsigzorzChackNorris 7 votes

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    If they made it so you could actually dex off the special it would be fine, and also fix the bug of 0 damage once the charges are gone of course lol.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I think if this suggestion were to happen they’d have to bring it to 10 charges
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    You can dex out of the special 1 without needing to take block damage. HobbitCrom already showed how it can be done. Do a few duels to practice.
    Markg25 said:

xNig said:

You can dex out of the special 1 without needing to take block damage. HobbitCrom already showed how it can be done. Do a few duels to practice.

Thanks for that .... nice block damage reduction he took with cap on the way to getting him down 👍🏼 😂

Any links to anyone doing it without cap of duped SS ?
    🤦🏻‍♂️ The narrowness..
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Yeah, after blowing 5 revives on Cap IW. Even in that he blocked a few hits here and there that would've been fatal for anyone who's not Cap.
    TwmR said:

xNig said:
    But we're not allowed to use 3* so how does this help us?
    🤦🏻‍♂️ Nevermind.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

https://youtu.be/HA3ZyNgU4r8

You’re welcome. Doesn’t require Cpt.

Tried it with different champs seems to only work with champs with shallow dash backs
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I didn’t record it but did Champion with with a r1 unawakend MS with 2 md, suicides and NF w/synergy to heal from the poison. It took a lot of resources to figure out how to make it work and learning to dex his specials while up way past my bedtime.

Basically get 5 souls before Champion blow him up till 10% then survive until after his first set of buffs expire giving you 2 bars of power. You then pay attention to his primal fury and launch the s2 just after he goes unstoppable; this mitigates block damage and removes unstoppable.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Sorry I was busy

https://youtu.be/lWo4x94jlh8

Think that's what your asking for correct?

Thank you, that's helpful
    Markg25 said:

xNig said:
    Are your for real you come into a post about capiw and and the champion ...

You then tell me to look up a video of capiw taking down the champion as a option 🙄

I then ask you if you have any links to anyone else where done it without cap iw or a duped supreme ???

You post me a link to someone doing it with a duped sim supreme 🤤

Wake up have some coffee 👍🏼

It’s the technique of evading his sp1 without taking any damage. Your argument was CptIW is required because you take too much block damage, no?

Lol. I read the full post and all it says is “Need CptIW otherwise can’t clear Champion”.

Using a 3* vs a 6* R2 Champion 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Actually, you know what.. doesn’t matter. I’m not the one having problems with this fight.

Good luck and all the best.
  • KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    edited June 2019
    Markg25 said:

Thanks @xNig 😂 I’ll rank Morningstar and do it when the bugs have been fixed ....

I’ll be fine

The main thing is you’ve completely missed the point of this post, think about how many people play this game ( at this level ) and then think about how many of those have capiw, Morningstar and Sim supreme at r4 and above.

My point in making this post is that the game is becoming less skill based.

This is the first fight of its kind and it’s ( imo ) a bad path to go down.

Previous “ tricky “ boss fights

Collector - skill based
    Nameless - skill based
    LOL Maestro - skill based
    Act 5 Ultron - skill based
    Maze champion - skill based

What if RNG never gives you the above champs ? Should your progress be stopped because of something that is random and out of your hands ?

Since I’ve been playing I’ve never known a fight that couldn’t be done 1 of 2 ways.

1- Pure skill.👍🏼
    2 - The expensive way revives / health pots and units. 👎🏼

Maybe put your ego to one side and look at the bigger picture 😉

Collector is as unit based as it gets besides that everything you said is true.
  • KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    Markg25 said:

The collector can be done in 1 shot, a few revives max

It isn't a one shot if you have to revive.
    Everyone on that list can be killed using only one champion, for the collector you need a few revives and i know there are a few one shots of him on youtube but those are done with rank 4 or 5 5* which you don't usually have when you get to him.

That's why i'd say The Collector is a unit based fight and not a skill based one.