**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.2.6 Champion Boss

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    She hulk and spidergwen should work for the last phase
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    that was a brutal final fight. not a fan of how unforgiving the final 10% was in regards to how much block damage I took.
    however, the champion is down for now.
    I don’t have any of the strong mystic counters for the first 90% so i actually took in Aegon. knew id have to eat a few revives, but it got to the point where id start the fight hold a heavy, get hit and have an opportunity to intercept and get in for 80-100k damage at a time. did well to get him to the final mode.

r4 CapIW. sorry i mangled you through that.
  • TheBennyXTheBennyX Posts: 66
    _ASDF_ said:

There appears to be plenty of options for this fight

Symbiot Supreme: Seatin displayed a very good show of just how well Supreme owns this fight. Watching this on his Live Stream, I don’t recall The Champion going Unstoppable even once after a Stagger was applied. Very effective option at locking down all his annoying buffs.

Morning Star: At 5 Souls, she could be great, via an SP2. She has a very strong Power Gain that allows her to Spam SP2 very quickly, & with MD, even better. She also has a very high perfect Block chance at 50%, making her great for The Champions last 10% Health Phase.

Capt America: Infinity War: Very simple, but effective option. Bypasses the Unstoppable with ease, & his extremely high Block Proficiency makes him an awesome option for The Champions final 10% phase.

Blade: Very slow, but steady option. Being a Villain, Blade has Danger Sense against The Champion, so his bleeds will be very strong. He is not Stun Immune, so you can ‟Parry Bleed‟ The Champion the whole fight, spamming the SP1 & healing when needed. You would however, probably need Maxed Deep Wounds for this option.

Quake: Another simple, but effective option, Quake should have no problem her. Use her play-style as usual & you are set.

I hope this helps some players. While I'm not a fan of the Mr. Sinister boss fight, this Champion fight seems much more doable & manageable.

Blade and quake won’t work. All of the champions basic attacks go unblockable at a certain point. That means blade is out as that regen and block damage is the end of him. Quake can’t put damage or shut down champions abilities. She’s out.

The point of this boss is that there are realistically 3 counters. MS. SS. Dr. V. And then CA IW for the block prof at the end. It’s literally the hardest content. Not everyone is going to be able to do it. LoL has WAY more champs that can clear the map than Act 6.
    quake can be used, kt1 did the entire fight with quake, except last 10%
  • go_nagaigo_nagai Posts: 9
    GeKrisz said:

Anyone experienced this issue?

Turned off Champion's indestructible charges, used my special 3 with Cap and do zero damage then the Champion reapplied his charges. Done this 3 times. My specials do zero damage when the Champion has 0 charges.

Hello. A fellow player in a line chat room told me the way to fix this bug. Unlike Seatin does in his video which worked, do NOT strike The champion once you remove his indestructible charges. As soon as you remove them tap that sp3 button and he will be down for the count. I had the same issue you did and did so 3 times before I found out how to deal with this bug. I'm hoping for refund or very big compensation
  • SamdroxtaarSamdroxtaar Posts: 129
    Anybody tried loki ? Actually i manage to get him down to 10% in 4 revives with quake dont have ss or cap iw so i quitted 1st tym a quest but still i used like 40 revives and hoard of potions on last phase to get rid of those charges i had hood but he couldnt bear block damage and finally i quit pls remove those 5 charges or kabam will loose some loyal players who spend for sure pls nerf final boss its a request
  • SamdroxtaarSamdroxtaar Posts: 129

• snapper77snapper77 Posts: 62
    Surprised nobody has brought up loki as an option. Throw in possibly Hela synergy for big damage l2. Loki can also steal those inflated buffs all day long with his powergain.
  • JRCrowJRCrow Posts: 14
    @DNA3000
    I have had many struggles in the game. This one just takes the fun out of it. Maybe I’m just losing my interest. This will be the first content I have no desire to explore. Variant was extremely difficult but at least could be overcome with strategy from multiple champs. I’m just stating this is over the top and strips enjoyment for me.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Why do we always have to go thru this the first 24 hours of a new conten release? first it was "oh only cap can do it" then more and more counters gets mentioned and people still complain, give it time guys

Cause people get fixated with optimal counters.

There's a reason why people who want to do Legends run don't do it in the first week. Let the counters appear naturally. LOL
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    I have seen people mention other options to handle the last 10%, but have yet to see those champs actually work via a video. Until so other champs beside CAIW is conjecture. I’m hopeful someone can eventually show some video proof of another champ beside CAIW handling last 10%.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    The whole fight is doable with SymS. I finished the last 10% with a SymS at 40% after reviving once.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Jh_Dez said:

Hood with ghost synergy doesn't take damage while he's invisible so that could help

I apologize
    This is wrong and only works for ghost
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    raziel said:

xNig said:

raziel said:

xNig said:

Not sure if I’m just bad but this Boss fight seems like major bs. I maybe have a 5-6 seconds after his unstoppable goes away to get a few hits in before he goes unstoppable again. Would be ok if he didn’t heal 5% of his health back up every time. No I don’t have a 5* SymSu, so not sure who could deal with him.

JRCrow said:

I have never been stuck at a boss since I started playing this game. I spent 60 bucks and haven’t even come close to building up 5 dexterity against his special without dying. With 6 r5s and countless r4 champions I shouldn’t need one or two champs to complete content. I’m officially done spending money on this game is this is where it’s going. Impossible situations that cannot be overcome without one or two champions at high rank. This is not fun anymore. Thanks Kabam

“One or two champions at high rank”?

That’s cause you’re only looking at it from one perspective, ie “block all his specials and evade the last hit”. Hence your strategy needs a champ with high block proficiency.

There are alternative strategies like “staying invisible” or “letting him miss” which will require a champs with a different set of abilities.

Just saying. Hope it expands your view on the challenge a little.
    Staying invisible with Hood doesn't solve anything, there is still at 55% chance you'll get hit.
    It seems that Cap IW is the only viable option for the last phase.
    Ghost? Recently introduced Invisible Woman?

What I’m saying is that there are alternatives that are yet to be explored. It’s day 1. Everyone complains when something can’t be MLLLM to death (remember Thanos?).
    I didn't say that the fight should be as simple as MLLLM, but this design is ridiculous. Instead of acting all high and mighty maybe you could help out the community and share who did you use?
    Hes an elitist who roams the forums related to 6.2 and talks to everyone in a condescending manner. Try a champ with stagger and evade the first part of his sp1 or the last part of his sp2 without getting any block dmg. I dont know about spidergwen but I saw a picture of shehulk applying the slow debuff to the boss. Hope this helps.
  • Adman0726Adman0726 Posts: 44
    I have a r4 max sig capiw and I cannot get past final 10 percent. Have spent 2000 units. Am done with all story content unless they change this node. My suggestion is once a charge is removed its removed permanently. I'm Gold 1 and can't get it done. You shouldn't have to be masters to play... It's a joke and not good for their business long term. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
  • SpielernameSpielername Posts: 132
    Adman0726 said:

I have a r4 max sig capiw and I cannot get past final 10 percent. Have spent 2000 units. Am done with all story content unless they change this node. My suggestion is once a charge is removed its removed permanently. I'm Gold 1 and can't get it done. You shouldn't have to be masters to play... It's a joke and not good for their business long term. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

I played in the masters bracket for a long time. Skill doesn’t matter in this one. Even if you play it perfectly you can’t beat him.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Any word on why without charges I still can’t damage the champion when at 10%?
  • endryuendryu Posts: 66
    Adman0726 said:

i feel your pain, i just quited my first fight ever, spent something like 1500 units on that clearing
  • endryuendryu Posts: 66
    think i am not the only who thinks that that dude is too much. I am not saying about the fight till 10% it was still very hard too, cause if you dont got simbiot supreme, you can forget about one shot or atleast getting to 10% without revives. Cause he gets unblockable later and you cant remove his unstopable with capt iw, if you cant parry him or block to get the charge to remove the unstopable.

Well ok i got that stage till 10% and then, i tried and tried and then tried and tried, removing those undestructable buffs is way to hard, sometimes dex procs sometimes not, and you need to remove in one fight 5 times, the block dmg is insane there even with my capt iw rank 5 and hp bossted, i still got hitted thrue block like am hited by truck. Ok the other tactic is to run in and fast dex soo you dont get the block dmg, yes i could do that sometimes, but 5 times in one fight to kill him, thats impossible. Yes i saw seating done that, and that was extreme luck, and i dont understand why his block dmg wasnt that kind like mine?

I used over 1k units on him and now its the first fight in mcoc history that i need to quit, even if i revive and buy pots for 200 units i still wont do it if i dont get extreme lucky with dex procs.

I guess i wont be the only person who thinks that he needs a nerd. Atleast make the indestructable buffs to not reset when you revive and start a new fight, then yes it could be done, but still would be very very hard.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    I should’ve beaten him 4 times now. After his charges are gone he is still indestructible. Please fix this guys. It’s taken me a lot of units and it’s unfair to see them all go to waste.