**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anyone else discouraged about what they are hearing and seeing of 6.2?

gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
I'm not advocating against hard content in general, but seems to me the main story quest should be doable by the average player. Extra hard content like the Champion and Ms. Marvel events are cool. The best players with the best squads should have something to look forward to and to reward their commitment.

However, I have a nice group of 5 stars. I have 100% act 5 and I'm working on variant 2. But it feels like I will never be good enough to do 6.2. I watch some of the fights on youtube and get discouraged because I can't see how I'm going to do it.

Again, I just feel like the "main" story line should not be cut off from most players. Maybe a year from now it will be easy to rank 3 6*s and it won't be a big deal, but it really does seem out of reach.

Comments

• Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    What's frustrating is the content is harder but the rewards are worse than normal. The Variant rewards are better for easier content. Kabam should increase rewards for harder content, seems obvious...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★
    Actually the Rewards in Act 6 really have nothing to do with Variant. Variant is its own piece of content with a Rewards arc of its own. Story follows its own Rewards build-up. Aside from the Title in Uncollected, which pretty much varies where they want to place them, Chapter 2 is not really that monumentous in terms of Rewards. Usually Chapter 4 and Exploration.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I dont like the 6 star gates as I dont think the availability suits the requirements but I am excited for the fights. I have heimdall, hela and Gulk as well as symbiote supreme so I am pretty set for 6.2
    Just gonna wait and see if I can get masacre this month or next month and if I do then I can use flaming trinity to destroy everything. The champion boss is also quite skill based with the dex mechanic so looking forward to getting destroyed by him lmao
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    gforcefan said:

I'm not advocating against hard content in general, but seems to me the main story quest should be doable by the average player.

Eventually, sure. But right now, Act 5 is not doable by the average player. Even Act 4 is likely not doable by the average player. We assume you have to advance in both skill and roster to tackle Act 4, and also Act 5. Act 6 should be no different, only requiring even more skill and even more roster development.

Act 5 was much harder when it first came out than now, in large part because the roster strength you can apply to Act 5 is an order of magnitude higher. I hit the Collector with one 5* champ on my team. You can almost kill him with your eyes closed if you hit him with a full team of ranked up 5* champs today. In a year, in two years, the "average player" is going to be hitting Act 6 with rosters stronger than even what the top players have now, and with the full benefit of the mountains of knowledge and experience the early players accumulated to that point. If Act 6 is still too difficult for the average player then, let's talk.

But the fact that the average player finds Act 6 impossible today, just a couple months after the release of 6.1 and a couple days after the release of 6.2, honestly means literally nothing to me.
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    Ever since The Maze there has been a pattern of the rewards not matching the difficulty. Look no further than this season of AQ and AW for that. Or last months EQ or special event. It is draining people of wanting to play the game. They need to take notes of what other very successful and long-standing mobile games have done and change the way they are thinking.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    DalBot said:

The OPs point is that the rewards don't match the difficult of the content, nor do they stack up with June 2019 meta.

I think you rorschached that point into the OPs post, because this is nowhere in the text of the post. He's saying it appears too difficult for him, and he's worried it will be too difficult for him indefinitely. The rewards could be a thousand times harder, and it would be irrelevant to the OP if he still was unable to complete the content.

Also, I really wish the devs never started dropping the term "meta" into the discussions, because people keep using that word entirely wrong. The devs barely use it correctly: the players virtually never do. For some reason, it's used roughly synonymously with "the current state of the game." That's actually almost the exact opposite of what the term means in gaming.
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    Wozzy101 said:

Don’t really. The contents harder. It’s meant to be. Still don’t agree with the gates and 4* bans but it should be harder. It’s a progression of the game. It gives something to work towards.

I don’t think most are complaining about the difficulty, but the compensation. Back when I played in a top tier alliance I loved the really hard content but lately the rewards fall incredibly short of where the difficulty lies. While on the subject why do you still get tier 2 ISO from uncollected, can’t you up the minimum to at least tier 3 if not tier 4?
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    If the 4* embargo and the gates make it too hard for you to play 6.1 or 6.2, then you’re not ready. That’s not an insult, it’s the reality. It’s not going anywhere, and being mad you don’t have the roster to beat it the week it comes out is just arrogant. Yeah you might have to wait on 6.1, 6.2, or one of the variants. Not everything is meant to be beat by everyone or even the “average player”. The health pools from 4/55 to 5/65 aren’t enormously different. If you’re getting crushed and saying “well I don’t have a bunch of 5/65’s” that’s not the reason... your skills just aren’t there yet. They will be! Skills develop, I’m better today than I was 3 months ago, you will be too. You’re just not ready for that content yet. I get you want those rewards, it’s just above your level currently. Sorry, I know the truth is hard to deal with sometimes.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Bear3 said:

If the 4* embargo and the gates make it too hard for you to play 6.1 or 6.2, then you’re not ready. That’s not an insult, it’s the reality. It’s not going anywhere, and being mad you don’t have the roster to beat it the week it comes out is just arrogant. Yeah you might have to wait on 6.1, 6.2, or one of the variants. Not everything is meant to be beat by everyone or even the “average player”. The health pools from 4/55 to 5/65 aren’t enormously different. If you’re getting crushed and saying “well I don’t have a bunch of 5/65’s” that’s not the reason... your skills just aren’t there yet. They will be! Skills develop, I’m better today than I was 3 months ago, you will be too. You’re just not ready for that content yet. I get you want those rewards, it’s just above your level currently. Sorry, I know the truth is hard to deal with sometimes.

The health pools arent different but the attack difference is pretty significant and attack is more important than health in this game.
  • Parkster_9999Parkster_9999 Posts: 28
    I just hope kabam is nice and compensates me for at the 350 bucks I just spent trying to take down chapter 2 champion boss only to find out there’s a bug that makes him unbeatable smh
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,726 ★★★★★
    I just hate how this game rarely requires skill anymore except for that thanos EQ fight and that you can't clear content until you get those few specific champs who you may not even get further down the line
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Zuro said:

I just hate how this game rarely requires skill anymore except for that thanos EQ fight and that you can't clear content until you get those few specific champs who you may not even get further down the line

RNG......gotta love it.
  • Cshack54Cshack54 Posts: 3
    6.2 is the least fun I’ve ever had. It seems most of the global nodes rely on parry heavy to either kill the opponent or keep yourself from dying from some sort of dumb DOT damage. Idk about y’all but like in 6.2.5 I do not like doing an entire quest pretty much parrrying and heavying the whole thing almost. It’s not fun by any means
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

So if you do get these Skelton key champs, that means you need no skill at all and just waltz through the fights then right? That's beyond ridiculous. You just don't like additional champion requirements and gates.

Zuro said:

So if you do get these Skelton key champs, that means you need no skill at all and just waltz through the fights then right? That's beyond ridiculous. You just don't like additional champion requirements and gates.
    What I'm talking about has nothing t9 do with gates I'm talking about all these node combinations for example the sinister boss who road blocked so many people all because the nodes limited about 80% of champs in the game and obviously it still takes skill but without these specific champions no skill will help you beat some of these defenders in act 6
  • HilldarHilldar Posts: 194 ★★
    Cshack54 said it best. It’s the least fun I’ve ever had. I’m a good player. One run of LOL, finished variant 2 100%, etc. I ground my way through 6.2, through the bugged sinister fight and the ridiculous overclocked guys in 3 and 4. Made it all the way to the champion fight, I didn’t know any of the content was bugged. Dropped about 1500 units on the champion fight, learning and getting my butt kicked. Finally got the indestructible charges down and he doesn’t die. Then I started reading the forum to find out about ALL the various bugs including that one. Email Kabam and of course they don’t care. I’m so tired of them pushing out buggy releases and then sitting on their hands.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

What I'm talking about has nothing t9 do with gates I'm talking about all these node combinations for example the sinister boss who road blocked so many people all because the nodes limited about 80% of champs in the game and obviously it still takes skill but without these specific champions no skill will help you beat some of these defenders in act 6
    The direction that the game seems to be heading is a need for an incredibly extensive roster. With the abilities of some of the new champs and the availability of rank resources, newer players are able to fly through content up to act 6 faster than a lot of us veterans could have imagined a few years ago. So it seems that the way the devs plan on counteracting some of that expedited progression is with essential and literal roster gates. I'm not saying I like or agree with it but it seems to be the case nonetheless. It seems that some people are really not going to have much other choice than to be patient with the current direction things are going.
  • ShroudMcocShroudMcoc Posts: 16

I'll respectfully disagree. Main story content isn't going anywhere, so you can grow into it. Monthly stuff is a one shot deal, so if you aren't tall enough for that ride, you never get to do it. If anything should be griped about, it's only have a month to do something like the Maze, but ROL is around forever and much easier.

What's the point of content you take 4-5 months to (maybe clear) when couple weeks of AQ net you more rewards than said content? Am i the only one seeing a little disruption here?

Just considering refills alone, it's 60x30= 1800 units worth of energy. Add in revives and potions and need of specific champions, all for basically what, 3 weeks of Map 7 and arena grind?

I do not see any fabolous rewards and yet this is the hardest piece of content so far. If you wanna make it hardcore, you should offer something that you can't get in 3 weeks of chill from a much easier content.

I must agree with the OP, whereas super long energy requiring story chapter netting average rewards shouldn't be this selective. We have Variants for that kind of added difficulty.
  • ShroudMcocShroudMcoc Posts: 16

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

The direction that the game seems to be heading is a need for an incredibly extensive roster. With the abilities of some of the new champs and the availability of rank resources, newer players are able to fly through content up to act 6 faster than a lot of us veterans could have imagined a few years ago. So it seems that the way the devs plan on counteracting some of that expedited progression is with essential and literal roster gates. I'm not saying I like or agree with it but it seems to be the case nonetheless. It seems that some people are really not going to have much other choice than to be patient with the current direction things are going.
    That makes no sense, cause variants are the proof kabam could alwais make road blocks even for developed rosters THinking they are now trying to stop middle levels from rushing too much content is hilarious. The only direction the game is taking is the one where you either spend for X countering Y, or can't do content without spending Z, where usually Z is more or less the cost of getting X
    Drooped2 said:

Longevity of the game requires more and more challenge.
    Adding health and attack does nothing. Adding new nodes sure but thise are overcome day 1
    Honestly gates are the ONLY way to slow progression and make content that stays more then a week or 2

I'm pretty sure no one is focusing on gates or even cares about for me personally I'm talking about all these node combinations that requires very specific champs like the 6.2.2 sinister where you need a poison immune with fury who can block out healing like that road blocks so many players because they don't have a champ like that