**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6* Champ Buffs: Start at the Bottom

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
edited June 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
I’m willing to bet that the baker’s dozen I’ve highlighted here are most if not all on regular players’ worst 6*’s in the game list.

Many of them aren’t remotely fun to play in addition to being ineffective and, in some cases, irrelevant.

My humble request (before this post gets relegated to that dead letter office called “Suggestions and Requests”) is that any subsequent buffs be directed at this motley crew of losers. It’s still a significant moment for about 99.99% of the player base to open a 6*, and when one of these lunkers rolls out...well, the game team plays MCOC so they know how it feels.

Suggestions? Here are a few do’s:

(1) Buff via synergies
(2) Buff like Gamora, without fanfare or beta
(3) Make then fun to play even if not super “effective” (an example would be RR, whose Sp2 I still enjoy dropping 4 years later)

And a few don’ts:

(1) Don’t improve them via synergies that require obtaining a new release champ
(2) Don’t make them best in game, just useful
(3) Don’t release a new version of them that has bells and whistles without throwing them a decent bone someway (shhh, OG Carol Danvers...maybe you’ll get some love when CM2 comes out)

Some other hyper-wordy forums member can probably add more criteria to mine, but the gist should be the same: don’t let any champ in the 6* be rubbish.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

I would like to see a "first crystal." Have something like the top 5 champs from each class in a crystal. Everyone gets that crystal for their first 5 or 6*. Everyone looks forward to their first of these crystals. Getting a good champ would keep ppl invested in the game amd enjoying it. When u get a bottom feeder champ after waiting a long time I am sure it causes ppl to quit or lose excitement in the game. 1 good champ for customers who have plqyed the game a decent amount of time wouldnt hurt the game in any way. It would add more excitement for ppl.

That would be nice, but the way the game runs it requires players to chase top tier champs. Anything that makes that cheaper or easier is unlikely to be implemented.

However, if the 6* pool omitted the truly awful, it would sting a lot less to pull one of the worst.

Dr. Zola
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I'm up to 8 6* and all of them are trash. I'm on board the buff 6* champions train. It's absolutely the worst thing ever to pull garbage 6* heroes. I don't even enjoy opening 6* crystals anymore. It's such a long grind to get one and such little payoff when you get absolutely nothing worth your time investment. I remember the days when an occasional champion improvement buff would come in the patch notes and sometimes more than one at a time. It'd be awesome if some small tweaks could be made to a bunch of the worst champions without having to run a beta and without spending 8-10 months between updates.
    _ASDF_ said:

It wouldn’t be that hard to just give them a bump. They don’t need to hit demigod tier after the buff.

Ie for Cyclops they could add some energy damage since it’s a beam and say throw on an extra 50% of damage just as energy damage. Maybe a couple of prowess buffs and boom! He’s usable! He’s not Havok, but he’s usable. Shouldn’t take months. That’s ridiculous.

Other guys with eye beams actually deal incinerate damage. Why not Cyke?

Dr. Zola
  • PawnyExpressPawnyExpress Posts: 52
    You forgot Red Skull
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    100% agreed. Priorities really ought to be Hulkbuster and Magneto. Cap Marvel and Iron Fist aren't the absolute worst (as in they have OK damage), but so much of this pool is terrible. 6* Gates don't make it any better.
    Werewrym said:

I'm up to 8 6* and all of them are trash. I'm on board the buff 6* champions train. It's absolutely the worst thing ever to pull garbage 6* heroes. I don't even enjoy opening 6* crystals anymore. It's such a long grind to get one and such little payoff when you get absolutely nothing worth your time investment. I remember the days when an occasional champion improvement buff would come in the patch notes and sometimes more than one at a time. It'd be awesome if some small tweaks could be made to a bunch of the worst champions without having to run a beta and without spending 8-10 months between updates.

This exactly. Nothing earth shattering—just make 6* champs that circle the drain a little less bad. So many of the ones listed have been brought up time and time again on these forums (Mags, DPX, IF, Cyke, HB).

I’m even willing to spare the guy working out the bugs on my SymSup (maybe more like
    1/10 a FTE) to tweak the bottom 6*’s. ;)

Dr. Zola
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    I quit spending and playing competitively due to crappy 6* pulls.

I would love this as I have several of these, one of them duped.

You forgot Red Skull

I agree he’s not the best. But I wouldn’t put him at the absolute bottom with these 13, many of which have been the worst since way back. He at least has a bit of utility and he’s far too new to get attention.

Dr. Zola
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    edited June 2019
    It's just cruel that every character on the buff list from a month ago was not available as a 6*. Kabam has absolutely no compassion.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I would still love to see the data Kabam gathered where Magneto isn’t the #1 complaint in the game. Or at least top 3. Never have I heard people complain more about VP needing a buff more than Magneto. It’s absurd.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Oof. My 6* Ant-Man isn’t getting buffed but vulture is lol
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    U forgot king groot and diablo

U forgot king groot and diablo

There are probably a few borderline. But I actually like KG.

Dr. Zola
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    I have a suspicion that the person or team in Kabam who approves which champs go in the 6* pool has never played MCOC. Like I said, it's only a suspicion.

Oof. My 6* Ant-Man isn’t getting buffed but vulture is lol

Didn’t put him on my bakers dozen because of the Ghost synergies. Most of the ones I highlighted are just old and bad and haven’t even had a synergy upgrade.

Dr. Zola
    raffster said:

I have a suspicion that the person or team in Kabam who approves which champs go in the 6* pool has never played MCOC. Like I said, it's only a suspicion.

If so, that’s probably the only facet of the game. Things like AW and AQ go through extensive QA.

Dr. Zola
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    5*s used to take just as long to get and they didn't eliminate trash champs from that pool. Why would they do it now just bc there's an extra star? Always think posts like these are kind of silly
  • AanthoAantho Posts: 159
    Markg25 said:

Magneto .... well overdue a buff.

One of the strongest mutants in the marvel universe .... hits like a girl 😂

( MCOC doesn’t follow the MCU 🙄 waiting on the posts form the usual 🤮 )

I know some girls who hit like à truck !
  • Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95

It's just cruel that every character on the buff list from a month ago was not available as a 6*.

Hmmmm 🤔. Coincidence?
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Who are all your 6*s? just curious :)
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Werewrym said:

Who are all your 6*s? just curious :)
    DPX, IF, Thor Jane, YJ, Beast, Cap WW2, Elektra, and WS. Now I know what you’re probably going to say. Something along the lines of “Not all of those are awful.” However, while some of these might be situationally useful (on very rare occasions), none of them are actually viable in the end game content that gets put out these days.

Another reason I consider all of these to be garbage is that none of them can do anything better than what my r4 and r5 5* can do. I haven’t brought any of these 6* into Variant, and there’s absolutely no way I’d take them into act 6 (except for the gates). But even then, I’ll likely hold off on exploration until I get 6* that are actually viable. I also never bring them to AQ, because I have much more useful 5* to bring. And finally my defense in AW doesn’t even contain 1 of my 6* because my 5* are far better on defense.

So as you can see I have absolutely no use for any of these 6* champs and I literally never use any of them. Seems like quite a waste for (no joke) years of grinding.