**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Suggestion to download entire game from App Store, without need to download the rest of files in app

BenjiBoyBenjiBoy Posts: 4
edited June 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
After downloading the game from the App Store, it still requires us to download the game files once the app is first launched. This is very inconvenient when trying to download the game, because this means I have to keep my device screen open during the whole time of the download. This quickly drained my iPad battery from 50% to 20% and had I to stop downloading.

It is not practical for me, and an average person that may have "slow" internet service to have to download 768MB worth of game files. My estimated download time was 180 minutes, with about 200MB already downloaded, and couldn't leave my screen open any longer.

If you could instead move these game files to download along with the 154MB files in the App Store, so I won't have to download the game with my screen on, and save tons of battery life.

Thanks,
Ben

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Your battery went from 60% to 20% from that small of a download? What speed is your Internet?
  • BenjiBoyBenjiBoy Posts: 4
    edited June 2019
    I think that's an exaggeration, from 50% to 20%. I kept it open for like an hour or so. My internet speed is 25 mbps.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    What u could do if you haven’t already done so is set your iPad to the lowest brightness, put on power saving mode, clear out apps so on and so forth. For me, even with my iPhone 6s when I had it it never took that long, and I don’t think my WiFi is that fast either, so maybe ur device is outdated?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,977 ★★★★★
    How often are you downloading the game for this to happen? Why wouldn't you plug in the device while it downloads?
    @Hammerbro_64 . Yeah, I believe my device is outdated. The device isn't fast, and I am using an iPad Mini 2. My brightness was set to the lowest brightness, and am running iOS 10.
    @Demonzfyre , well, I decided to come back to the game after a long break, and the reason why I did not plug it in was that my device becomes really hot when it is running an app that is battery intensive, like an app that requires an internet connection. I don't want it to become hot, because I want to preserve my battery life.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,758 ★★★★★
    They changed to be the way it currently is for some reason. They will probably not going to reverse it ever again.
  • KhensiKhensi Posts: 10
    edited June 2019
    Is a good ideea for get all fille once for save time not necesary batery. For example some games is alow you download full game from once from play store like 1.3 gb or more or least if we close game in background should continue download. I saw many games what have like this and is easy and fast way also can play any game wille download game in background. Kabam should focus on this ideea because many games already have this.
    With respect:
    Serenno
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    Kabam (and all other publishers on the app/google play store) need their apps to be less than 100mb for people to download them with wifi or data. MCOC is less than 100mb, if Kabam made it that you'd download all the files from your store, you would only be able to do it over wifi.