**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Regarding the recent champion additions.

Comments

• Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    IDoge said:

I hope I get 6* Maw so I can take 300 hits every fight. Oh and I want Invisible Woman even though I'm an okay intercepter. Going to delete my account since I'm not good enough

Apatharcasm, everyone
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,722 ★★★★★
    IDoge said:

*sigh* You're right. I've been a fool. I don't deserve to talk about champs at my level. Go ahead and close this @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

Dude how igno rant can you be like people are trying to tell you this game requires balance not all champs can be good like why are you only ranting about new champs that are bad and not old champs like you're arguement is very flawed and Idk why it takes you so hard understand that if ale very champ is amazing there would be no sense of challenge in this game anymore
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,722 ★★★★★
    IDoge said:

Zuro said:

IDoge said:

*sigh* You're right. I've been a fool. I don't deserve to talk about champs at my level. Go ahead and close this @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

Dude how igno rant can you be like people are trying to tell you this game requires balance not all champs can be good like why are you only ranting about new champs that are bad and not old champs like you're arguement is very flawed and Idk why it takes you so hard understand that if ale very champ is amazing there would be no sense of challenge in this game anymore
    Maybe cause I waited 4 years for Human Torch and Invisible Woman and 1 whole year for Ebony Maw. If the game is balanced, please tell me why most likely none of you have garbage or mediocre champs in your top profile and use them often
    Most people do use mediocre champs without complaining because it's the best thing they have for example i r4 my 5 star rogue she definitely isn't the best but good enough to help me clear content that she was intended to clear you're not always going to be blessed with a ghost or something but at least be grateful for what you do have and I doubt you even have these new champs anyways so why does it even matter to you
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    IDoge said:

Zuro said:

IDoge said:

Maybe cause I waited 4 years for Human Torch and Invisible Woman and 1 whole year for Ebony Maw. If the game is balanced, please tell me why most likely none of you have garbage or mediocre champs in your top profile and use them often. If my favorite Marvel character is not useable in the content I play then what's the point of playing?
    I used a 4/40 Colossus and 4/40 Gamora for most of my questing through act 4 and AQ when it came out. You make due with what you have until you get something better.
    Guillotine is a leading candidate for my next rank 4. Corvus will stay at 2/35.
  • _ASDF_ said:

Maw is useable. So are diablo, invisible woman, human torch, and annihilus, other ones you have mentioned.

Sure. You R3 that 6* Diablo, he’ll make Act 4 a breeze. 🙄

Guys, you can’t have a double standard here. You were just telling me how Korg, taskmaster, and sentry are usable. Show me some gameplay of those in act 6. (Ha, idelest quit before act 6 came out) A champ doesn’t need to breeze through act 6 and tier 1 aw to be “usable”

That should address these comments:

_ASDF_ said:

Maw is useable. So are diablo, invisible woman, human torch, and annihilus, other ones you have mentioned.

Sure. You R3 that 6* Diablo, he’ll make Act 4 a breeze. 🙄
    IDoge said:

DalBot said:

Human Torch is usable and actually really fun to use so...

Show Act 6 and 5.3 gameplay of HT please. While you are at it, show him in high tier AW and Variant

So is Colossus and Iron Patriot ;)
    Old champs like iron patriot aren’t usable, that’s why they’re in line to be buffed. Maw was created with the current meta in mind. Rock beats paper, so to speak. Maw beats Corvus, namor beats maw, Corvus beats namor.

Maw has uses. He doesn’t need a buff. Colossus is terrible. He’s getting a buff.

The argument that balance is off because of meme champs, many of whom were original characters, is different. The issue is being addressed with betas etc.

Just because a champ isn’t a mainstream offensive champion, that doesn’t mean that the game is imbalanced

Maw doesn't beats Corvus, maw is unbeatable by Corvus there's a difference. You shouldn't come directly to conclusions if you don't have clear knowledge of the concept.
    Also I think Ht and Annhilus are usable, IW also a tough one but is usable. On the other hand if we see Diablo he is not his potions are limited and one can only be accessed 4 times per quest not per fight if they lift up that limit he becomes viable, and maw is like ( CORVUS WITHOUT HIS GLAIVE CHARGES ).
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★

IDoge said:

Zuro said:

IDoge said:

Maybe cause I waited 4 years for Human Torch and Invisible Woman and 1 whole year for Ebony Maw. If the game is balanced, please tell me why most likely none of you have garbage or mediocre champs in your top profile and use them often. If my favorite Marvel character is not useable in the content I play then what's the point of playing?
    I used a 4/40 Colossus and 4/40 Gamora for most of my questing through act 4 and AQ when it came out. You make due with what you have until you get something better.
    Do you intend to ignore his point? The idea of balance is there is no best champ for everything and everyone having his equal use. It's not true for mcoc, what makes that man unhappy. He don't want to use human torch until he get some decent champ. Just wants to use torch, but has no use for him while having better champs already
  • Blue_Eyed_ThingBlue_Eyed_Thing Posts: 128

If you don’t agree with me, why can’t you just move on?

Because this is his post?
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 454 ★★★
    IDoge said:

Zuro said:

IDoge said:

You didnt wait 4 years with that account lol

If you don’t agree with me, why can’t you just move on?

Because this is his post?
    On a forum open to anyone to comment on
  • Adman0726Adman0726 Posts: 44
    Does it matter if it's imbalanced? It helps the guys with cull and namor. It doesn't hurt anyone else. I like it that way. If every champ had plus or minus 10 percent everything game would be boring 💤
  • PlanetJupiterPlanetJupiter Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    IDoge said:

IDoge said:

You aren't even uncollected yet. You, yourself haven't even reached 5.3 yet. If you say those people have no business commenting, neither do you.

Nice try. That is not my main account.
    Doubtful. I bet its your only account.

IDoge said:

Do you know how much I struggle using phoenix in content? That certainly proves my point for those of you making fun of my phoenix

Then you dont know how to use her. Her sp3 damage ia amazing and she can regenerate up to 100% of her health. With the despair mastery she can become one of the best solutions for regeneration nodes.
  • PlanetJupiterPlanetJupiter Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    And Seatin isnt a god. He doesnt know anything. Do you know @IDoge how good power control champ Dormammu is? And he is in the Low-Demi God Tier? Are you kidding me?
    A rank 4 5* Dormammu heavy attack can do over 10K damage if the opponent has 100 souls (or how they called)
    Yondu can heal block, and becouse his yaka arrow attacks cant be stunned, he could be a very good solution to Medusa.

Have you seen the damage that Angela can do? 4* 5/50 can do crits over 5K

He knows nothing

And the only reason that he wants Kabam to buff Maw, is to have a viable option for a 6* rank 2. He doesnt care about the balance of the game
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    IDoge said:

Zuro said:

IDoge said:

If the game is balanced, please tell me why most likely none of you have garbage or mediocre champs in your top profile and use them often.
    Um... what?
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    Because all of my 5/65 won't fit in my top 4 player card

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

And Seatin isnt a god. He doesnt know anything. Do you know @IDoge how good power control champ Dormammu is? And he is in the Low-Demi God Tier? Are you kidding me?
    A rank 4 5* Dormammu heavy attack can do over 10K damage if the opponent has 100 souls (or how they called)
    Yondu can heal block, and becouse his yaka arrow attacks cant be stunned, he could be a very good solution to Medusa.

Have you seen the damage that Angela can do? 4* 5/50 can do crits over 5K

He knows nothing

And the only reason that he wants Kabam to buff Maw, is to have a viable option for a 6* rank 2. He doesnt care about the balance of the game

Uhhhh what?
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    I am not sure if champs were rushed or working as intended, but nowadays so many champs are not viable options for many nodes and aq/aw events. A significant amount of content now relies on rng pulls for you to do instead of using skillful play with rubbish champs.

This comes back to gating parts of the contest off to only 5 and 6* champs.

If you only pull rubbish champs you may never get that content complete (before you give up and quit). Where as allowing any * champ reduces the issues you face from unequal champion balances. I just pulled a 2015 mystic rank up gem r3 to r4. Ended up having to take up a rubbish champion (jugs) as my decent champs were already r4 before event even came out.

Kabam do need to do a better balance of new champs with old. I am expecting them to rework one old for every new champ they do. Even if they do that it will still take years before most of our rosters are useable.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Ah yes, because the standard metric of a normal fight is over 500k HP.

Here's the flaw with using RoL WS as a baseline test, in most EQs, or even in Act 6, non-boss fights won't have that much HP. The fact that it took that long and why Namor seems WAY better is because he had to ramp up, and ramp up champs usually fair better in longer fights than non-ramp up.

It wasn't until the second Imperius Rex, that he started over taking. Which was around the 75% mark. How much HP is 25% of RoL WS? Roughly 125k, or around about the standard boss HP in most of Act 5, and UC EQ. I haven't looked at Act 6 in a while since I'm gearing up to do 6.1.6 for the first time, but I bet its not much more than 150k for most.

Now let's say I take one of my "God Tier" rank 4 5*s against that same RoL WS, Corvus. Who do you think will fair better against him, Namor or Corvus? Both are God Tier. How about my Medusa at rank 4 5*? They should beat him in around the same time right because they're both in the same arbitrary category that some dude on the Internet made.

Just because one person thinks that in one game mode of an entire game with different modes thinks that this one champ isn't good, doesn't mean they're correct.
This discussion has been closed.