**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sentinell passive armor buff is useless against Havok plasma detonation

Shakal108Shakal108 Posts: 8
edited June 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hi there, would like to know why the freaking armor of Sentinell is not bypassing Havok plasma detonation.??? I know it's a passive buff, but there is nowhere mention that it shouldn't work.
You can easily imagine my frustration, after having built to sp3 with sentinell, seeing me dying of this very fun and interactive plasma detonation in this nightmare of Variant 2.

Thx for answering or fixing this.

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Shakal108 said:

Hi there, would like to know why the freaking armor of Sentinell is not bypassing Havok plasma detonation.??? I know it's a passive buff, but there is nowhere mention that it shouldn't work.
    You can easily imagine my frustration, after having built to sp3 with sentinell, seeing me dying of this very fun and interactive plasma detonation in this nightmare of Variant 2.

because it is not a passive buff, it is a passive. They differentiate between passive and buffs. It is not a wording I like very much and have mentioned it to them before, but that is what it is. Since Havok requires a "buff" and sentinal's is a passive ability it wont work. It is the same reason gulk will not activate face me on a bleed.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Shakal108 said:

As you can see on both of their abilities, it is mentioned there. For sentinel, it says his armor is passive, and for Havoc it says his abilily will not work on opponents with armor up buffs.
    Passives are not buffs, and there are no "passive buffs" in the game.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★

Venom, vulture, heimdal are all good options for example.

Iceman is another - his is probably the best example of "armour buff working even though it's not really a typical armour up buff."