**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Map 6 Dorm a bit too much?

Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
Anyone else think this mini is a bit too much? Spite, fine. Power Bond, fine. Section 1 wasn't that bad. Section 2, Stun immune Dorm DUPPED with 300% more attack? That's a bit much. I'm in a top 90 ally and it's a bit too much Kabam. 20 blocked hits, you are dead. Degen once, you are dead. We had guys go at it with Ghulk, blocked hits killed him. Blade, multiple blocked sp2s and degen, rng reliant, dead. Magik, can't reliably do backdraft intercept because you changed the AI, blocked hits, degen, dead. Anyone else? Any champ out there with huge physical resistance or can regen, immune to degen, and can power lock? Lol, didn't think so. I'd love it if Spite was removed but that's not the Kabam style right now. I think it would be more of a fair fight if he was undupped or take out stun immune. Anyone else? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Shakal108Shakal108 Posts: 8
    that is one good reason to step down on map 3 ;)
  • Options
    ChenChen Posts: 115
    Agree, dormammu degen is already nasty with limited counters - Gulk.
  • Options
    AustinBarnettAustinBarnett Posts: 9
    Entirely agreed. I fought him with my 5/65 blade and 5/65 Morningstar with 5 souls, dead and dead. The degen is too intense, and the block damage is way too intense. His attack needs to be decreased significantly.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,379 ★★★★★
    I fond second dorm more fun than maw as cap iw rekts dorm and unlike maw u dont get some rubbish damage back as second maw has shatter so if u gain a fury from him or u dex and he uses sp1 that's 1300 health loss and so on unlike dorm with cap u can block hits even his sp2 and not get some rubbish damage and it makes it also fun the map as u have to play a different way
  • Options
    Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    @Bendy can you tell me your fighting strategy with Cap? How are you avoiding degen? Do you have dex turned off? Are you heavy countering his heavy? I'm assuming big sp2.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Overall my ally (about 140 rank) haven’t had many issues, for the most part people have used ghost with synergies or gulk, and it’s mostly been soloes or no more than 3 tries
  • Options
    @Gregdagr8 I'm partying the medium for the first kinetic charges and to build them up while blocking to bait heavy to counter with heavy till sp3 no evades needed just block specials if he throws and just mainly launching sp2 for the damage worked well both times I've used him
  • Options
    Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    If you take Gulk with Cap IW , their synergy halves the damage of Mamut's Degen . This with Gulk's regen may be a good option.

I have r5 my 5* Gulk and yes the match is a pain but so far I've been able to take down both and take the satrburst path (the regen with the 20% is working wonders for my stash)

but yeah , I would guess anyone with High block proficiency may work also

Also Quake
  • Options
    Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    Alex_sc11 said:

If you take Gulk with Cap IW , their synergy halves the damage of Mamut's Degen . This with Gulk's regen may be a good option.

I have r5 my 5* Gulk and yes the match is a pain but so far I've been able to take down both and take the satrburst path (the regen with the 20% is working wonders for my stash)

Also Quake

Quake no good because of spite but yeah cap with science synergy should also reduce block damage by 50%
  • Options
    Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    X23 high dupe level for Amazing regen against him. And you crit almost all hits save your specials for better regen
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Elad17 said:

X23 high dupe level for Amazing regen against him. And you crit almost all hits save your specials for better regen

She is horrible for him her regens will cause degen combined with a low healthpool and she can’t bleed him
  • Options
    MuzzMuzz Posts: 124
    Alex_sc11 said:

Also Quake

Agreed. Today I brought in Capiw and GH for that reason. We’ll see how it goes late tonight!
  • Options
    snapper77snapper77 Posts: 62
    Corvus time-out trick. Corvus can’t die from degen can be done with a 4 star Corvus
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★

He doesnt trigger sps even with gulks face me on

He is nearly all or nothing

Yep, Completely ignored the 70% taunt and just used spite to obtain an sp3. Ready for the best part? He then held his sp3...until the precise moment that face me fell off, then launched it. So that I wouldn't be able to recoup any of the health back. Literally just sat there blocking with 3 bars for 3-5 seconds.. then launched:)
    Go back in with blade, managed to not trigger dex..he's magically throwing specials again. Got him down, no hits or degen received. The AI was completely different with Gulk for some reason. Is there something in the nodes that nerfs Gulk for this fight? The new map 6 minis were part of the reason I ranked him up.
    My battle group has some pretty skilled players in it. We solo war bosses. My Gulk mopped the floor with Dorm in 6.2. Even walked out with a yellow bar once. The map 6 version shouldn't be this hard should he?
  • Options

Alex_sc11 said:

Also Quake

Quake no good because of spite but yeah cap with science synergy should also reduce block damage by 50%
    Lol why disagree? Quake won’t work because the node on the second dorm has spite. The cruelty buff from dexterity will trigger spite and cap iw science synergy with gulk will reduce block damage and dorms degen for all science champs by 50%.
  • Options
    Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    Funny you say that that is who I used to beat him And mine is only rank 3-45 sig level 120 x 23 can out do the dorm just fine. No need to have bleed if you play him the right way
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    We don’t seem to have a issue with him. I mean even if 1 champ goes down someone else can back you up. Map 6 is the new map 5. Getting redundant. Time to start map 7
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,180 ★★★★★

Alex_sc11 said:

Also Quake

Alex_sc11 said:

Also Quake

Lol why disagree? Quake won’t work because the node on the second dorm has spite. The cruelty buff from dexterity will trigger spite and cap iw science synergy with gulk will reduce block damage and dorms degen for all science champs by 50%.
    You never lost the buff so quack wil work good if u don’t hit him. At all.
  • Options
    Gamer said:

Alex_sc11 said:

Also Quake

Alex_sc11 said:

Also Quake

Having an active buff on you triggers spite. Spite = constant power gain.
  • Options
    Elad17 said:

Funny you say that that is who I used to beat him And mine is only rank 3-45 sig level 120 x 23 can out do the dorm just fine. No need to have bleed if you play him the right way

Yeah always having a regen will gain power so sp2 or sp3 plus degen which map 6 dorm is over 300 so even if u out regen u always have to have it proc 100% of time. Even then u have to make sure he uses a sp1 which dorm ai is so offensive at regular hits also blocking dorm with anyone other than high block will die quick as he has 10k base attack above a certain prestige, so again x23 won work especially at rank 3 so think who be good against spite dorm who's stun immune and all u can do is block as x23 wont work
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,180 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

Alex_sc11 said:

Also Quake

Alex_sc11 said:

Also Quake

Having an active buff on you triggers spite. Spite = constant power gain.
    Not quick if you use hevry and blok then hevry ikow he stun imun ist esay at all and I’m do agerd quake it’s the best but can take down mabye not latter days in personal use ghost with hood
  • Options
    MuzzMuzz Posts: 124
    Update. I used 5/65 GH to take down both mini bosses in map 6 today. The spite is annoying and he did get to sp3 once, which I survived. It was annoying that he wouldn’t bait for a while. Ultimately in the spirit of the post, I don't think he’s OP as is. I can’t think of a better champ to beat him than a beasty Ghulk. Just my 2¢
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    Muzz said:

Update. I used 5/65 GH to take down both mini bosses in map 6 today. The spite is annoying and he did get to sp3 once, which I survived. It was annoying that he wouldn’t bait for a while. Ultimately in the spirit of the post, I don't think he’s OP as is. I can’t think of a better champ to beat him than a beasty Ghulk. Just my 2¢

Do you feel like the taunt mechanic was doing anything?