**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• NaTiSaAdNaTiSaAd Posts: 61
    Still happening. Just happened to me in arena. I was using Netflix daredevil against punisher. Was hitting into punisher’s block and after the second or third hit he used his special 2 while I was still hitting his block. It’s not fixed. Never used to happen, ever!
  • AAMAXIMUS01AAMAXIMUS01 Posts: 144
    MrE6913 said:

I have a video and submitted a ticket I reproduced it perfectly. I guess you can't post video here?

Upload to YouTube then share the link. Someone here told me way will work. I did and it does. Updated medusa sp1 being blocked halfway of the animation.
  • AAMAXIMUS01AAMAXIMUS01 Posts: 144
    edited June 2019
    MCOCsucks said:

That input lag is something else. You can literally see your champ sit there like he is thinking if he wants to obey you hitting the special button. Fun times.

This been happening to me a lot Quake.
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    My Masacre vs. Invisible Woman in UC EQ 3.1

Hitting into block, she fires off sp1. no Sheild or Invisibility up, no dodge proc'ed.

My Omega Red vs. Gamora in same quest

Gamora "dexes" while I'm hitting block.

How much longer until this is verified and fixed? Inquiring minds want to know.
  • ProducteProducte Posts: 74
    This happens everywhere (AQ, Arena, quests...). A couple of examples in the last few minutes.

Omega Red is immediately hit or receives a special from the defender when hitting block, usually between the first and second hit. This is in AQ. Omega vs. Guillotine or Sabretooth... it doesn't really matter. It happens often.
    I got the same with a Corvus vs. Corvus in Arena.

This sees like frame rate where defender gets and opening between hit 1 and 2 of a combo.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    I started a poll in general chat to explore the spread of experience of this issue. Hopefully that will help resolve this for all of us who are frustrated with the lack of recognition. Anecdotally everyone in my recent alliances I speak with experiences the same.

Please check out the poll and vote..

For the record my last experience of the defender throwing a special while I was hitting into their block was this week fighting as Masacre vs rhino in ROL.
    Two incidents today. Masacre vs capww2, venom vs civil warrior both in 5.4.2 both threw specials while I was hitting into block.
    Just happened again with Masacre vs WS in 5.2.4

This is useless guys.....
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,420 Guardian
    Just popping in with an example the other way around...
    I was getting hit with a combo, and I was able to successfuly fire off an SP (1 or 2 ?) in the middle of getting hit. Not sure if I had initially been blocking before I released and did SP, or if I was getting hit outright during middle of defenders combo when I was able to fire it off.

And sorry, didn’t recall who the champs were. But it does indicate that what the AI has been doing recently can actually (with proper timing and probably a lot of luck) can be accomplished by us as well.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

Just popping in with an example the other way around...
    I was getting hit with a combo, and I was able to successfuly fire off an SP (1 or 2 ?) in the middle of getting hit. Not sure if I had initially been blocking before I released and did SP, or if I was getting hit outright during middle of defenders combo when I was able to fire it off.

And sorry, didn’t recall who the champs were. But it does indicate that what the AI has been doing recently can actually (with proper timing and probably a lot of luck) can be accomplished by us as well.

There have been many people trying to throw a special while blocking, and there has been 0 video evidence that it can be done by anyone except the AI, but, you say you did it, but, you don't know the champs involved, and don't know which special you threw?

Yet, there is tons of video evidence that the AI can & does do this for the last 2 months, since this was introduced.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    Intercepting and evading is basically the same issue for me. As soon as the opponent starts moving, it's too late to intercept or evade. The best that you can hope for is to get a block or parry in. I spend most of the time in fights trying to predict when my opponent is going to run at me, which means constantly trying to move earlier than you're supposed to. UC and other tough content is basically unplayable because there's no way you're going to consistently win fights like that.
  • drewtrivdrewtriv Posts: 103
    I can deal with hard champs but when things are broken I get very unhappy. I’ve spent years of my life I haven’t missed a day in well over a year and a **** ton (thousands of dollars) of money on this game Cause I enjoy it and it relaxes and focuses me. Now I’m just frustrated. When ultron bleeds it’s fixed. When defenders do stuff they shouldn’t be able to. It’s what device what champ what buffs what nodes. What ambient temp what humidity level. Instead of holy **** people who have been playing for years!!!! Are having issues they haven’t experienced before. I feel like you guys think we are lying and it’s frustrating

I’m done break time.
  • drewtrivdrewtriv Posts: 103
    Ps if you need some cred look at my ign will triv.
    They closed the poll but over 70% still had this as a current issue, the second highest percentage thereafter had it as an issue but thought it was since fixed. The smallest percentage had never experienced the issue though this can also be attributed to how frequently those people use the mechanic. Surely that kind of data collection is what Kabam should be doing themselves anyway not shutting it down. Frustrated
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,420 Guardian
    They shut down that separate poll thread because it was redundant/duplicative to this already-ongoing thread.
    They can see all the different people describing the issue in here (in one spot).

Personally (warning, Conspiracy Theory, in Jest, ahead)... I think people have gotten so good with their muscle-memory and automated reflexes in fights that Kabam need to do things to insert some more possibility of preventing people from just cake-walking thru fights without losing any health anymore.

Such as the various newer node buffs where you can’t just avoid taking any damage anymore. Or (conspiracy 😀) inserting some type of randomness into the fight whereby no matter what you do you might occasionally end up getting hit sometimes.

After all, is it really fun anymore if you could just bring an 8k PI attacker and cake-walk thru a 30k defender. I would imagine the intent of relative PI fights would probably be on the order of being able to fight someone up to maybe twice your strength and both sides losing about the same overall % of Health during it (Human Factor should probably give you no more than a 2-1 or maybe 3-1 advantage, meaning at 2 to 3 times PI opponent, even the winning hero would be low health at end of fight).
    Yeah totally enjoying the enjoying the random death and virtual redundancy of champs taken to r5...

The poll gave a snapshot of the percentage of the issue not just those that can be bothered to detail every instance here.

Today’s treats were:

Omega red in arena vs Mephisto took a special mid combo into block

Voodoo vs GG 5.4.4 took a special mid combo into block

Domino vs rhino 5.4.4 took a special mid combo into block

Stark enhanced vs antman 5.4.4 took a special mid combo into block
    Today’s specials thrown from blocks..

Venom vs GG - 5.4.4

Sym supreme vs ultron - arena
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    OR vs. Gamora ( Optimist, Outlast ) in UC 3.1. Gamora launches special 1 while I'm hitting her block. Play the game for one hour in UC EQ using champs that benifit from hitting block like OR, Masacre, CM, Yondu so that you're more likely to attack into block and you'll see it. The Known Issues thread hasn't been updated to address 23.1 issues yet with 10 days til the NEXT update smh.
  • ProducteProducte Posts: 74
    Well, Omega Red suffers this everywhere. 100% of the times, in AQ, Monthly Quest, AW or Act6, EVERYONE, all defenders scape from OR hitting their block.Sometimes they can dash back, sometimes they through a special, sometimes they hit you. usually between hit first and second hit on the block.
  • NaTiSaAdNaTiSaAd Posts: 61
    Happened to me just now in Uncollected EQ, 2.2, Yellowjacket boss. I was using void. Hitting into his block to get his power up to sp1. He reached it after my 2nd hit and he fired off his sp1 immediately while I was still hitting into his block.
    Ghost rider vs 5.4.5 warmachine special fired from block
    Below both arena fights, specials thrown from block.

Storm vs luke cage
    IMIW vs sentry
  • IronicFistIronicFist Posts: 48
    Omega Red vs Mr. Sinister in AW...

https://youtu.be/Kh7B_seBVrI
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    Just happened to me in 4* featured arena. I was King Groot, AI was Luke Cage. After second hit into block, he threw special.
This discussion has been closed.