**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unstable Rifts will give you nothing ...sometimes?

Two people in my alliance have said they got no rewards from running unstable epic rifts.
I counted the percentage chance of each reward listed and it equals 100. So the chance of getting anything that isn’t listed (nothing) would be zero. So how can no reward be possible if the chance of getting nothing is equal to zero?

Comments

• I saw a Reddit post on the same subject with a reply from Kabam support saying it was intended. “For unstable rifts, rewards are not guaranteed”
  • ProffHoff just made a video about it. Apparently, one of the percentage chances will randomly have nothing as a reward.
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    @Kabam Miike can we please get clarification whether unstable rifts in Epic or any difficulty for that matter, run the possibility of receiving no rewards?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Woozie said:

@Kabam Miike can we please get clarification whether unstable rifts in Epic or any difficulty for that matter, run the possibility of receiving no rewards?

here is the clarification

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/141966/explore-stable-and-unstable-atlantean-rifts-for-great-rewards
  • ScorpionKing439ScorpionKing439 Posts: 16
    I can confirm this has happened with me. I was playing the master rift and when I finished I didn't receive the 5000 epic rift coral for completion. But I didn't bother investigating as I got useless rewards from epic rift. Might try my hands on the crystals instead

I can confirm this has happened with me. I was playing the master rift and when I finished I didn't receive the 5000 epic rift coral for completion. But I didn't bother investigating as I got useless rewards from epic rift. Might try my hands on the crystals instead

and have you put in a ticket about it?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Lormif said:

DNA3000 said:

Drooped2 said:

I saw a Reddit post on the same subject with a reply from Kabam support saying it was intended. “For unstable rifts, rewards are not guaranteed”

Man if only faking an email was difficult. Just saying
    Anything is possible so everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but on the other hand I've opened support tickets in the past, and I've seen other instances of support gone haywire. This is not out of the realm of possibility.
    Except they have already given the percentage chances and none of them were "get nothing"
    I'm commenting on whether the email posted was faked, not on the reward drops for the rifts. The rifts were obviously not designed to sometimes drop nothing, which I already tried to note in the discussion thread (but the post was modded in a way that it no longer makes sense).
  • ScorpionKing439ScorpionKing439 Posts: 16
    Lormif said:

No. 90% chance they will either not reply or they will just say it's part of the design. Live with it. And even if they do something it won't matter to me anyway. It's not like I'm going to get anything good. I've done the rift around 3 times and got nothing but sig stones. I know it's great but I could really do with one of the other rewards.

Lormif said:

No. 90% chance they will either not reply or they will just say it's part of the design. Live with it. And even if they do something it won't matter to me anyway. It's not like I'm going to get anything good. I've done the rift around 3 times and got nothing but sig stones. I know it's great but I could really do with one of the other rewards.
    so you live with a bug, cool, but the point is that your rewards were a bug if true, they would have compensated you more than likely.
  • BigDog34BigDog34 Posts: 62
    If they claim that there is a chance to receive no rewards than all the percentages shown are wrong. There's no x% to get nothing... And there should be if that's the case.
  • MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215
    Never seen a blank space.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    If that really happens to you, then u better file a ticket with kabam.
    I didn’t experience any issue so far.
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 319
    I saw a video about this subject and couldn't believe my eyes and ears, that somehow kabam thinks this is ok may be the most shady thing this "company" has ever pulled. Soon as I saw this video I went back to check the message that kabam sends out every month to announce, describe the next month's quest & side quest, also included in these messages are what rewards you could get or have a shot at getting along with the % of how often that reward will be awarded, and no where did I see that NOTHING was a possible reward and all the % add up to 100% so how could nothing actually be a possible reward when it's not listed on the rewards list nor is any % set aside for that possible reward. Come on kabam I can't even believe u would try to get away with this, if it's aside glitch/bug just admit that, trust us we aside really used to them by now and if there's any doubt about what I say aside reboot the rewards posted and % I'm more than sure alot of people besides me took pictures of the ORIGINAL posted message. Just do the right thing, give them the top possible reward or at the very least give those summoners 10k (or more) of the tier coral it happened in and a full energy refill cause u guys def made sure to get ur energy per move in those rifts.
  • Hey there, if you believe you've run through one of the rifts and didn't receive a reward, you can contact our Support Team and let them know approximately when you completed the rift. You can reach them directly from the game's home screen by clicking the gear-shaped icon in the top-left corner of the screen and scrolling down to the button labeled "Support". Additionally, if you have a ticket that you believe wasn't handled correctly, you can either send another message to the Support Team to alert them or message a moderator directly.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,626 Guardian
    edited June 2019
    Lormif said:

Woozie said:

here is the clarification

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/141966/explore-stable-and-unstable-atlantean-rifts-for-great-rewards
    @Lormif Perhaps a little more specific link to the actual page or post within it that you are referring to. It is very long and would be helpful to have a more direct link to the “Clarification”.
    Although Zibiit seems to be confirming just above that you should NOT be able to get a “zero-reward” chance, and should put in a ticket if that happens.
    Does the other “clarification” say something different ?
This discussion has been closed.