**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Continue to Explore the Battlerealm with Carina in Act 6 Chapter 2!

Comments

• Wrath_and_HavocWrath_and_Havoc Posts: 61
    Ace_03 said:

Ace_03 said:

@OneManArmy bro i did my run at the second day of chapter 2 kicking off so i wasn’t have any idea about what are better champs for the boss ! And kabam should be taken in consideration and at least return our items back!

Yeah i absoluttely agree about that, just trying to get word out that there are alot more counters then some will have others to believe
    I don’t know that Kabam should be on the hook for EVERY item spent in service to killing the Champion for every player. It’s a bit of grey area, as people might’ve used revives leading up to him, or a ton of boosts while on him but put their phones down and forgot only to fight him later, etc. they can track an extraordinary amount of information, but not all of it right?

I think Kabam should offer some form of compensation, but a standard, reasonable amount. That, and tweaking the dexterity mastery a touch to make it less of a half-hour marathon if you’ve demonstrated knowledge of how to win.
    Main thing IMO is expanding the dexterity window on that SP1, like they did with Sentinel when the window to counterattack was too small.
    They dont really have to change him at all. You seriously just need to practice it.
    I think enough people have proven that this fight while beeing difficult is much more skill based then we all first tought And very much doable to one shot
    I disagree, you don't, let's leave it at that.
    I think the requirement is fine and doesn’t need a change. I think the dex window is too small, especially since other melee champions’ specials are NOT treated the same way. Go ahead and dex a Black Widow L1/2, or Black Panther L1/2, etc. you’ll find you can dex damn near any time at melee range for fighters like them. Yet somehow, Champion’s is about 1 pixel requiring flawless setup x5.

To reiterate, the requirement (dex’ing specials) is fine in my book. The functional component (the tiny window to register a dex) is wonky, but doable with practice.
    @Ace_03 my bad, don’t think I meant to quote your comment but someone else’s about compensation.

To those who disagree on the whole dex window commentary, I speak as someone who practiced AND completed it. It’s got its counters, it is possible, and lord knows I don’t want it to be easy. It’s not meant to be. But it is pretty monstrous in my opinion, especially if you run out of healing items.

His block damage can ramp upwards past 6k/hit, and you have very little time to react to the unstoppable buffs, so even coming into contact with him at that point in a parry could pop off ~10% of your hp. I had about 6-8 attempts where I’d get 3/4 indestructibles off him, only to get backed into a wall on some poor RNG and get to start all over. No chance at permanent chip progress in case of a bad run-in with his buffs.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I had some time to rethink it and I did practice against the Champion @OneManArmy. Not 100 duels as you did but I certainly did 20 duels and had it down pretty well. I can admit you have more skill than most because the best of youtubers have trouble getting him down, especially in one shot. I'm not blaming kabam for the units spent after they fixed the champion bug but my issue is how small the window is for the dex to work. No other dexterity has that small of a window on an sp1 that I can think of when you just have to dodge one part of the special. I guarantee within the next month or two Kabam will have to change the window to prox the sp1 or will remove the charges from 5 to 3 or less.
    Beanzz said:

The last 10% for Champion is a straight up cash grab.. most of 6.2 is. I dunno why you guys are taking about practice.. this is a game and a champ you're gonna have to take down 9/10 times along with having to deal with the champ restrictions/requirements.. there's no window for practicing unless you plan to burn resources which just strengthens my point that this fight is a cash grab. The 5 indestructible **** is unnecessary and using dexterity in a short window to remove it is just an overkill. Uncollected Thanos was more fun IMO.

Your views might be different because you beat it but the game isn't about 1 person.. its millions.. think about the millions and not just yourself. We are the reason why this game is still a thing but the window is closing slowly but surely.

I would disagree with you both before and after I completed the quest. Dueling a powerful champion with a weakling 2/3* champ can simulate the conditions to get the dex. I like the requirement, as it’s climactic and difficult, I just take issue with the execution. I didn’t burn 4,000+ units, or even 1,000. Anyone CAN do this. With a tweak, more could, theoretically. But to say the whole thing is a cash grab is pretty disingenuous, no?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

6.2 completion done on my alt. No units spent.
    edited June 2019

xNig said:

First you didn't allow us to complain about the Gates, because you were at the Beta and we should wait and see before complaining.

Then you didn't allow us to complain about 6.2.2. Sinister, because you were at the Beta and it was harder then.

No you don't allow us to complain about Cash Grab Champion Boss, because if you can do it, everybody can?
    The gates aren’t a big issue tbh. Initially I agreed it was excessive when it was in the beta, gave feedback about it, and Kabam responded by lowering the gate requirements by 1. Granted, the rarity requirement was overlooked, ie, it should have been Class gated and not Class + Rarity, so as to allow 6*s to be brought in. It still doesn’t change the fact that by restricting who you can bring, the difficulty goes up. This is much preferably than having Health and Attack increases.

Complaints about Sinister were valid about having a narrow spectrum of counters. But he was also having a bugged interaction and people were commenting he was impossible BEFORE the bug was fixed. What I mentioned was, he was impossible with Buffed Up in the beta with 2-3 counters MAX, one of which required 4 champs. I also said to wait for the bugged interaction to be fixed before passing judgement on the fight.

Cash Grab Champion boss? Multiple people have posted videos on how he can be handled, and who are the possible counters that make the fight easier. Is it a “hard” fight? Yes. Is it “doable”? Yes. Does it require “skill” AND the “correct counters” to be done? Yes.

It’s end game PERMANENT content. What were you expecting?
    edited June 2019
    Mcord117 said:

no units spent is meaningless, only matters what resources were used. no items spent would be something but I would have to call bs on that. usually in life when one feels the need to endlessly brag, they are nowhere near as accomplished as they claim

No units spent = Not a cash grab. Spent 10 20% revives to get him down (all free from the month’s daily quests) mainly because I overlooked the 40-70% phase where I die immediately after I sp3 him when his buffs are on.

After which I decided to just spend my pots to get Magik up to about 80% and took him down on that try.

It’s kinda sad that in life, people hate winners because they win and those who can’t win, love grouping together to complain about their sorrows.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

That 40 to 70 keeps getting me too. I'm not even worried about the final 10 I can dex him all day.

Do you have SymS? I honestly paid no attention to the fight until the final phase using SymS. By that I mean I just fought with SymS how I normally fight against the champion until he was down to 10%.
  • Crimsontide1616Crimsontide1616 Posts: 303 ★★
    I got through it with she hulk at rank 3.. used 2 revives - before the bug fix I was 1400 units in with no clear. I really wish I would have waited for the bugs to be fixed and the other chapter difficulties adjusted
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Lainua said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

First you didn't allow us to complain about the Gates, because you were at the Beta and we should wait and see before complaining.

Then you didn't allow us to complain about 6.2.2. Sinister, because you were at the Beta and it was harder then.

No you don't allow us to complain about Cash Grab Champion Boss, because if you can do it, everybody can?
    The gates aren’t a big issue tbh. Initially I agreed it was excessive when it was in the beta, gave feedback about it, and Kabam responded by lowering the gate requirements by 1. Granted, the rarity requirement was overlooked, ie, it should have been Class gated and not Class + Rarity, so as to allow 6*s to be brought in. It still doesn’t change the fact that by restricting who you can bring, the difficulty goes up. This is much preferably than having Health and Attack increases.

Complaints about Sinister were valid about having a narrow spectrum of counters. But he was also having a bugged interaction and people were commenting he was impossible BEFORE the bug was fixed. What I mentioned was, he was impossible with Buffed Up in the beta with 2-3 counters MAX, one of which required 4 champs. I also said to wait for the bugged interaction to be fixed before passing judgement on the fight.

Cash Grab Champion boss? Multiple people have posted videos on how he can be handled, and who are the possible counters that make the fight easier. Is it a “hard” fight? Yes. Is it “doable”? Yes. Does it require “skill” AND the “correct counters” to be done? Yes.

You didn’t do your responsibility as a beta tester. Feel shame and don’t do it again. You are not deserved.
    It sounds like he did exactly what a closed beta tester is supposed to do. Test and evaluate the content, and provide feedback to the developers based on their own personal perspective of the content. That's all I expect any beta tester to do, and I've been in a lot of closed beta tests for various online games.
    Lainua said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

You didn’t do your responsibility as a beta tester. Feel shame and don’t do it again. You are not deserved.
    I don’t exploit the game, nor bounties when it was in the game...

Don’t see a need to feel shame. On the other hand..
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★

xNig said:

Ace_03 said:

@OneManArmy bro i did my run at the second day of chapter 2 kicking off so i wasn’t have any idea about what are better champs for the boss ! And kabam should be taken in consideration and at least return our items back!

Yeah i absoluttely agree about that, just trying to get word out that there are alot more counters then some will have others to believe
    I don’t know that Kabam should be on the hook for EVERY item spent in service to killing the Champion for every player. It’s a bit of grey area, as people might’ve used revives leading up to him, or a ton of boosts while on him but put their phones down and forgot only to fight him later, etc. they can track an extraordinary amount of information, but not all of it right?

I think Kabam should offer some form of compensation, but a standard, reasonable amount. That, and tweaking the dexterity mastery a touch to make it less of a half-hour marathon if you’ve demonstrated knowledge of how to win.
    Main thing IMO is expanding the dexterity window on that SP1, like they did with Sentinel when the window to counterattack was too small.
    They dont really have to change him at all. You seriously just need to practice it.
    I think enough people have proven that this fight while beeing difficult is much more skill based then we all first tought And very much doable to one shot
    Sadly, people saying that earlier have been crucified for. Lol.
    Yes its sad that its always gotta be like that. What was said about champion boss made me really nervous but when i first got there myself he turned out to be the easiest of the bosses for me except sym supreme who i at least found very easy.

But im not over exaggerating when i say i did 100+ fights against champion to really get that dex to sit and only when i was confident i could i went for it and didnt use a single unit on the whole completion and still got lots of resources about to expire.

The problem alot of times is people dont wanna practice. They wanna be able to do it right away.

With that beeing said there is absoluttely some nodes and matches i completely disagree with in 6.2 but champion boss is not one of them
    "People dont wanna practice"
    You mean people dont want to spend hours upon hours to finish a phone app games content

The game these days is too strenuous
    Many feel it and its been this way for awhile
    How much practice should a swipe game take?

xNig said:

Ace_03 said:

Sadly, people saying that earlier have been crucified for. Lol.
    Yes its sad that its always gotta be like that. What was said about champion boss made me really nervous but when i first got there myself he turned out to be the easiest of the bosses for me except sym supreme who i at least found very easy.

But im not over exaggerating when i say i did 100+ fights against champion to really get that dex to sit and only when i was confident i could i went for it and didnt use a single unit on the whole completion and still got lots of resources about to expire.

The problem alot of times is people dont wanna practice. They wanna be able to do it right away.

With that beeing said there is absoluttely some nodes and matches i completely disagree with in 6.2 but champion boss is not one of them
    "People dont wanna practice"
    You mean people dont want to spend hours upon hours to finish a phone app games content

The game these days is too strenuous
    Many feel it and its been this way for awhile
    How much practice should a swipe game take?
    Then Candy Crush is probably a more suitable game for you if you feel that way.