**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Proxima midnight is still small ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Yeah this still needs to be addressed. Proxima needs to be a Large champion.

Why does she "need" to be a large champion? Outside of Variant 2, and a few random nodes once in a while, size does not matter.
    Because she isn't small
    And why does that matter? Does it break the game because she's not tagged as anything else? Does it affect how she deals damage? Does it make her animations any different? Does it affect her synergies? Does it change absolutely anything outside of Variant 2 and "Size Matters" nodes that rarely appear?
    If you really believe size is that insignificant in this game then why do you care if people want to change her tag to Large? You're right that it really only affects Variant 2 so it really shouldn't be a big deal right?
    Sure, your argument is valid in that regard, but at the same time there's no point in wasting the time in changing something that's so insignificant overall right?
    Well, how much time is wasted changing a champion tag? It's not like it's a champion rework. This is just a small change that I think would make players happy.
    Enough time that could be used to work on more important things. It's a small change that affects a small vocal minority.
    How much time do you think it would take? I'm not a programmer by any means but I can't imagine that changing a champion tag would take enough time to distract them from their bigger projects.
    How much time would it take? Well, to change the tag, probably about 20 minutes, say 30 just for rounding. Then you have to take that and test that the size change works on all nodes that are affected by size modifiers, which can take several hours for a couple of people. So man hours you're already talking 4.5 hours. Assuming in best case scenario that's all it'd take.

In worst case scenario that it's not working as intended? That could be another 8 hours of fixing for a couple of devs, so 16 more man hours, we're now at 20.5 total, then when a fix has been made, another 4 man hours of testing. That's 24.5 man hours. Or let's call it 3 working days, so about half a weeks work.

Now again that doesn't seem too bad right? The problem then is people will say "Well why isn't this champion this tag?", and it becomes a slippery slope. And with things like Avengers tags, and X-men tags and whatever else is that you then have to factor in usage events, and certain characters that have interactions with those tags, be it with synergies or abilities. That would cause immense problems in terms of time.

You're probably thinking at this point "Well all of this is irrelevant, it's only one character?" but isn't that the exact argument people use when they say "this is setting a bad precident. If they do this with one character then what's stopping them doing it with more?"

Realistically, it's not worth the change especially considering all those factors, and also trusting Kabam to not somehow botch it and break something else in the process.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    And yet, Kabam went through all of these “factors” to ensure that JF (a champion no one was considering to use for the Evangeline Lily champion challenge) was fixed.
    Because they got the best case scenario and that was prior to more Size Matters nodes being in the game. With Variant 2 now being here the testing procedure is much longer. And that's JUST for the fact of a size tag, that doesn't even take into consideration of what would happens if they changed other tags on other champions for things other size.

Again it doesn't break the game her being a small champion, so why fix it.
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Why does she "need" to be a large champion? Outside of Variant 2, and a few random nodes once in a while, size does not matter.
    Because she isn't small
    And why does that matter? Does it break the game because she's not tagged as anything else? Does it affect how she deals damage? Does it make her animations any different? Does it affect her synergies? Does it change absolutely anything outside of Variant 2 and "Size Matters" nodes that rarely appear?
    If you really believe size is that insignificant in this game then why do you care if people want to change her tag to Large? You're right that it really only affects Variant 2 so it really shouldn't be a big deal right?
    Sure, your argument is valid in that regard, but at the same time there's no point in wasting the time in changing something that's so insignificant overall right?
    Well, how much time is wasted changing a champion tag? It's not like it's a champion rework. This is just a small change that I think would make players happy.
    Enough time that could be used to work on more important things. It's a small change that affects a small vocal minority.
    How much time do you think it would take? I'm not a programmer by any means but I can't imagine that changing a champion tag would take enough time to distract them from their bigger projects.
    How much time would it take? Well, to change the tag, probably about 20 minutes, say 30 just for rounding. Then you have to take that and test that the size change works on all nodes that are affected by size modifiers, which can take several hours for a couple of people. So man hours you're already talking 4.5 hours. Assuming in best case scenario that's all it'd take.

In worst case scenario that it's not working as intended? That could be another 8 hours of fixing for a couple of devs, so 16 more man hours, we're now at 20.5 total, then when a fix has been made, another 4 man hours of testing. That's 24.5 man hours. Or let's call it 3 working days, so about half a weeks work.

Now again that doesn't seem too bad right? The problem then is people will say "Well why isn't this champion this tag?", and it becomes a slippery slope. And with things like Avengers tags, and X-men tags and whatever else is that you then have to factor in usage events, and certain characters that have interactions with those tags, be it with synergies or abilities. That would cause immense problems in terms of time.

You're probably thinking at this point "Well all of this is irrelevant, it's only one character?" but isn't that the exact argument people use when they say "this is setting a bad precident. If they do this with one character then what's stopping them doing it with more?"

Realistically, it's not worth the change especially considering all those factors, and also trusting Kabam to not somehow botch it and break something else in the process.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Lol, keep pretending testing takes up manhours at Kabam, hahahhaahahahahha

This fix would take as long as getting to that screen pressing backspace 5xs and typing “large.” So 30 seconds conservatively.
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Because she isn't small
    This change would actually make proxima pretty good for variant 2 so ye
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    I’ve always been taught to never tell a female she’s “big” (or even “medium” for that matter), even if it takes a Herculean effort at lying with a straight face.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    I don't really care about her size but still can you people stop bringing things like "sHe's 6'6 oN WiKi" as an argument.
    I say this because from what i remember Kabam has stated multiple times that their champions are their own version of them and not the ones from comic books/movies even if they resemble them.
    So even if in comic books or in Endgame/Infinity War Proxima is 6'6, from what we know Kabam's version is as tall as Rocket but stays closer to the camera so she appears bigger.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    _GRINDER_ said:

DrZola said:

I’ve always been taught to never tell a female she’s “big” (or even “medium” for that matter), even if it takes a Herculean effort at lying with a straight face.

Dr. Zola

Your comment is irrelevant to this
    _GRINDER_ said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Your comment is irrelevant to this post

Sorry, but this thread slipped into the irrelevance zone way before my comment:

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139
    Any word on this? It's been over 2 months. I pulled a 6* proxima midnight that I would love to use in variant 2. Found a post someone put up comparing her(small) to the winter soldier who is listed as med.