**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6.2.2 Mr Sinister Boss - E.M.P. Modification node

I believe the E.M.P. Modification node on Mr Sinister (and possibly elsewhere) is bugged. It appears that when certain buffs expire, Mr Sinister gains an EMP Modification charge. I noticed this with the dexterity buff, as well as Medusa's furies. This means that Mr Sinister is gaining a charge at the time the buff starts, and when the buff expires. I don't see this anywhere in the node description and this is making the node nearly twice as difficult to deal with.

Not trying to push my content here, but this video is the best example of the bug. The medusa fight starts at 2:52 into the video. At 3:20 you can see my furies expire, and Sinister's charges go from 5 to 7 without me gaining another buff. You can also see dexterity giving Sinister a second charge when I use Hyperion, starting at 1:20. Once on activation, and once when I attack, getting rid of the dexterity buff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_qRXM-b5yY

Comments

• Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    Hey BG man
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Jeps agerd it bugge
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    My guess is for the Dexterity buff because it originally gives you a permanent precision then when you attack gives you a timed precision so they are counting as 2 separate buffs, think this is same for interaction with md.
    No idea about the medusa one
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    TwmR said:

My guess is for the Dexterity buff because it originally gives you a permanent precision then when you attack gives you a timed precision so they are counting as 2 separate buffs, think this is same for interaction with md.

Can be but stil it overlooks and shuld not be in the first place
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    In the case of dexterity the reason this is happening is because it generates a 2nd temporary buff as soon as you hit the opponent. The 1st buff is generated from the evade. So every time you dex and then hit the opponent a total of 2 buffs expire. I believe the same thing is happening with Medusa's furies. You are generating 3 permanent furies and then those turn into 3 temporary furies for a total of 6 buffs. Whether this is an unintended interaction I don't know, but I 99% sure this is what is happening. This interaction also occurs with MD.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Gamer said:

TwmR said:

Can be but stil it overlooks and shuld not be in the first place
    I agree it shouldn't really work like that just pointing out possible reason for it occuring
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    This bug sounds very similar to the Burden of Might node as outlined here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/748905#Comment_748905

Burden of Might triggers a power drain when a buff is triggered and again when a buff is consumed/expires. According to the description, it should only trigger once. The same thing seems to be happening with E.M.P. Modification (double triggers).

This was passed on to the game team in September but nothing came of it.
  • BrianGrantBrianGrant Posts: 167
    Any update on whether or not this is indeed a bug or working as intended?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos This also does not register passive furies so unless you have heimdall or patience of a god this node is very champion specific and with the 4 star restriction really sucks. The very least we can expect is the content be properly tested prior to release. I work for an IT company as a QA and the QA's that check this content are not attacking this content like an average user would. Make them take the content on just as Brian here has and most of these bugs will frustrate them just as much as it frustrates your customers.

Passive furies shouldn't work, and aren't meant to work here