**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This Just In: Spider-People Go Berserk in July!

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

You guys probably dont even know westernheretic, hes a badass master player that goes under the radar because he not opening trash on youtube, he can walk into literally most master alliances and he dont spend.

What are you even on about ok you have a player who was in master doesn’t change the fact people still 5:65 5* over 6*
    you brought end game players up making out our alliance had none so we would not know what they do.
    Yes because the proposal that 5* are becoming irrelevant could only be applied to endgame players and they still rank up 5* for prestige and utility

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

by the time you unlock the good rewards 5 stars will be irrelevant, they already starting to diminish in value, imagine 4 months from now with the millions of cavalier crystals opened over that period.

Kobster84 said:

to show how much you are appreciated they are making you login for 3 months straight to get a prize lol
    with all the bugs and oversights in the last 3 months they should just give the rewards as a sorry with no BS attached

No offense but complaining about something like this is ridiculous I’m normally extremely negative in terms of kabam but this is amazing just from the first look as well
    You also have to remember there will be other rewards in the calendar such as revives and units combine it with how it seems the appreciation will go on for the entire summer
    5*s won't be irrelevant until 6* rank 3 are commonly available. That won't happen before the end of the year.
    people have already stopped ranking champs to r5 to get as many rank 2 6*s as possible.
    That’s a lie
    I have people in my alliance not ranking 5* above R4, I can observe it with my own eyes so dont call me a liar, you must be in a silver alliance or something.
    Ye I checked your profile and your ally definitely isn’t a top aq ally because unless you have a high sig 6* and I’m talking like sig 140 plus and who is also high prestige end game players will probabalg choose the 5*
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

You guys probably dont even know westernheretic, hes a badass master player that goes under the radar because he not opening trash on youtube, he can walk into literally most master alliances and he dont spend.

What are you even on about ok you have a player who was in master doesn’t change the fact people still 5:65 5* over 6*
    you brought end game players up making out our alliance had none so we would not know what they do.
    Yes because the proposal that 5* are becoming irrelevant could only be applied to endgame players and they still rank up 5* for prestige and utility
    its relevant to all players with resources and those that are caviler
    Kobster84 said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

by the time you unlock the good rewards 5 stars will be irrelevant, they already starting to diminish in value, imagine 4 months from now with the millions of cavalier crystals opened over that period.

Kobster84 said:

to show how much you are appreciated they are making you login for 3 months straight to get a prize lol
    with all the bugs and oversights in the last 3 months they should just give the rewards as a sorry with no BS attached

No offense but complaining about something like this is ridiculous I’m normally extremely negative in terms of kabam but this is amazing just from the first look as well
    You also have to remember there will be other rewards in the calendar such as revives and units combine it with how it seems the appreciation will go on for the entire summer
    5*s won't be irrelevant until 6* rank 3 are commonly available. That won't happen before the end of the year.
    people have already stopped ranking champs to r5 to get as many rank 2 6*s as possible.
    That’s a lie
    I have people in my alliance not ranking 5* above R4, I can observe it with my own eyes so dont call me a liar, you must be in a silver alliance or something.
    Ye I checked your profile and your ally definitely isn’t a top aq ally because unless you have a high sig 6* and I’m talking like sig 140 plus and who is also high prestige end game players will probabalg choose the 5*
    we dont play AQ to an high level, to keep donations down because we were a retirement alliance that still has the retired founders in it, unfair to push them out and start pushing higher.

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

No it’s not because in your argument a 5* awakening gem isn’t good as 5* are irrelevant and fun fact barely any1 has high sig 6* hell even when 6:3 comes out I doubt barely any1 will have them then as well.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    I'm really hoping I can get a science gem from the AG gem crystal... I'd really like to awaken my Spider-Gwen... but I'll probably open it alongside the gem crystals from act 5 exploration... it's still 2 or 3 months away so I might have act 5 done 100% by then...
    I'd like to say I'm really thankful to Kabam for this. It looks to be a very good event; I'm greatly looking forward to this...
    Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

No it’s not because in your argument a 5* awakening gem isn’t good as 5* are irrelevant and fun fact barely any1 has high sig 6* hell even when 6:3 comes out I doubt barely any1 will have them then as well.
    all 6* champs dont need an high sig, if there is a choice between a r5 corvus or r2 6* version, then the 5* loses out, unless you neeed prestige its best to start ranking god tier 6* champs instead of r5 5*

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

all 6* champs dont need an high sig, if there is a choice between a r5 corvus or r2 6* version, then the 5* loses out, unless you neeed prestige its best to start ranking god tier 6* champs instead of r5 5*
    I’d actually say no to that your using an extra t5b and losing out on said champs dupe which in a lot of champs can actually be pretty useful
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

ItsDamien said:

Kobster84 said:

I'm sure that statement is true for at least one person, but saying "people" when you mean "one or a couple people" is misleading. Otherwise I could say that 6* champions are irrelevant because people don't have them, using the same logic to demonstrate that statement to be true.
    You dont think even more people wont be taking that stance over the 4 months and will have even more 6 stars to pick from?
    Considering that the average amount of time it takes to form a 6* Crystal without spending a huge amount of either money or time is about 3-4 months, I'd say that it'd make little to no difference to the overall player base. For 90% of the player base this calender will benefit them. If you are somehow in the 10% this doesn't apply to, then you don't need to worry or care about the calender anyway. Take your free stuff and stop complaining.
    go **** yourself its not free
    Touched a nerve there I see? Good. Now let me educate you on how you're wrong again. It's free because you do not have to pay for this calendar. You exchange no currency to log in. It is free. If you can't spare one single minute every day to log in to get free items, then you're simply delusional.
    lets educate you, Time is not free and neither is the data gathered from google and kabam, it has a value.
    You were going to log in anyways so yes the items are free.

You cant charge your time for something you were doing either way.

See, this guy gets it.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

I’d actually say no to that your using an extra t5b and losing out on said champs dupe which in a lot of champs can actually be pretty useful
    Also just looking at it, for a R2 6* Corvus to have more prestige than a R5 sig 200 Corvus, that 6* would have to be sig 120. I can't imagine many people have got and duped a 6* Corvus a total of 7 times to reach sig 120.
    edited June 2019
    thats enough from me today, cant wait to get my AG thanks again Kabam >:)

ItsDamien said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Er..... I'm Cavalier and don't have a single R2 6*. Or a single R5 5* for that matter. I'd still take a 5* to R5 over a R2 6*.
    then that is stupid unless you need prestige or high sig

There’s always at least one Debbie downer in the post.

hopefully you wont be here too long :D
    Most of the champs in the 6* pool benefit a lot from their dupe and high sig so yes I would take up the 5* version
  • Yougot420Yougot420 Posts: 1
    👍🏻
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

ItsDamien said:

Time is free. You clearly have the free time to remain delusional and try to argue that time isn't free. Data is also free, especially when you've given consent to how that data is used. If you don't like that, you are FREE to use the GDPR law for the "Right to be Forgotten". Buuuuuut you're delusional, living in some kind of weird world you've created. So I'm done with you. I'm going to spend my free time sleeping.

I think this back and forth misses the point a bit. On the one hand, I wouldn't say my time is free. My time is extremely valuable to me. But on the other hand, just because it is valuable to me doesn't mean I can spend it on whatever I want and then demand compensation for that time. Otherwise I could demand compensation from every forum poster for every minute I spend on reading their posts. That's ridiculous.

When we say the calendar rewards are free, that's just simple colloquial short hand for saying the calendar rewards have no monetary cost and no gameplay cost within the game beyond logging in. They have no additional cost for players who log into the game. That's the colloquial definition of "free" most people mean in normal conversation. It doesn't require claiming that time is valueless.
    Without going too much into it because this thread is already derailed, but values are subjective. The cost of logging in is free. What the time is worth is dependant on what value the individual chooses. But value doesn't equal monetary cost in this sense. Hence the items are free from monetary value, which is why they're free items.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Qwerty said:

Please no more champs that have a miss ability

I respectfully disagree. I’m not a huge fan of DarkHawk, especially stun immune, but I feel like they did a good job on Invisible Woman. You can tell exactly when she will get invisible and the fact you will never miss on a block is very nice. It makes it skill without it being a simple as having a true strike character. Now, if anyone has a random miss like OG Spider-Man’s evade, I would hate it, but if it’s purely skill based, I’m all for it.

Edit: Also, stuff looks pretty cool next month. Maybe cause it’s for Spidy (my favorite comic) but the content seems very promising. Consider some positive anticipation feedback given.
  • SłєiρηirRødSłєiρηirRød Posts: 37
    I'm excited, but probably the 5* star gem comes in the last day
  • SłєiρηirRødSłєiρηirRød Posts: 37
    Bigbowlr said:

The post says 98 day "Summoner Appreciation" calendar. Does that mean at some during those 98 days well have a Summoner Appreciation boost to Gold, XP and BC?

I hope so
  • Bond_0007Bond_0007 Posts: 5
    Is new Colossus going to release with this update?
    Along with Colossus update, unstoppable Colossus should also get the similar upgrade as he is the same person under the mask. Any information on this will be much appreciated.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Bond_0007 said:

Is new Colossus going to release with this update?
    Along with Colossus update, unstoppable Colossus should also get the similar upgrade as he is the same person under the mask. Any information on this will be much appreciated.

They already said UC will not get a buff alongside Colossus.
  • BurroBurro Posts: 82
    A 5* AG is great but what about Rank Down Tickets? Maybe a 6* AG ;-) jk (kinda). Looks very nice.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    WHEN IS IRON SPIDER MAN COMING TO THE CONTEST!!!! NO ONE WANTS A STEALTH SPIDER MAN! 😡😡😡😡
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

ItsDamien said:

Time is free. You clearly have the free time to remain delusional and try to argue that time isn't free. Data is also free, especially when you've given consent to how that data is used. If you don't like that, you are FREE to use the GDPR law for the "Right to be Forgotten". Buuuuuut you're delusional, living in some kind of weird world you've created. So I'm done with you. I'm going to spend my free time sleeping.

I think this back and forth misses the point a bit. On the one hand, I wouldn't say my time is free. My time is extremely valuable to me. But on the other hand, just because it is valuable to me doesn't mean I can spend it on whatever I want and then demand compensation for that time. Otherwise I could demand compensation from every forum poster for every minute I spend on reading their posts. That's ridiculous.

When we say the calendar rewards are free, that's just simple colloquial short hand for saying the calendar rewards have no monetary cost and no gameplay cost within the game beyond logging in. They have no additional cost for players who log into the game. That's the colloquial definition of "free" most people mean in normal conversation. It doesn't require claiming that time is valueless.
    @DNA3000 Consider yourself fortunate that one can’t claim compensation for every minute spent reading forums posts... ;)

Dr. Zola
    That thought did cross my mind.
  • killer7703killer7703 Posts: 19
    @Kabam Miike when will we get more details on the calendar and the special eq?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    So Spider-Man event is going to be better than Endgame event? Makes sense... Looks like a cool event though, just wish it had been here two months ago.