**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

About the refund policy

Comments

• Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 218

Jaded said:

Except when facing the mephisto vs 6.2.6 the champion boss. In which mephisto didn’t stop him from producing buffs. I wrote to support, they asked for a video of it. So I had to revive mephisto, take the video and send other information. I asked for the revive to be refunded to my account and “support” refused to until they could consider full compensation for this bug.

On that fight, The Champion is immune to Fate Seal effects. Soul imprisonment is a fate seal effect (or at least, most likely is).

For the topic of the thread, two different things are being discussed here. Compensation and refund.
    Imagine someone would buy units. Then ask a refund and get the money back, and still keep the units. How is that fair? Why would someone be against this?
    Talking about compensation for bugs is a different thing here. You are taking advantage of something to talk about other, and things like these happen for every update with the usual threads "yeh new content is nice, but what about the bugs?" or the "hey you are fixing this bug, but what about THIS ONE?".

No bro ur missing the point
    If I spend 3k units on a boss that is bugged

To get back from Kabam
    5x revives and dew health pots

Is that fair ??

My point is they have to match what the bug cost players

From experience they never do so, should that player then contact Apple or google to recover what they actually spent on the game
    Due to the bug/issue ?
    This is my point.
    How do u feel on this ?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Mingo0312 said:

Jaded said:

Except when facing the mephisto vs 6.2.6 the champion boss. In which mephisto didn’t stop him from producing buffs. I wrote to support, they asked for a video of it. So I had to revive mephisto, take the video and send other information. I asked for the revive to be refunded to my account and “support” refused to until they could consider full compensation for this bug.

On that fight, The Champion is immune to Fate Seal effects. Soul imprisonment is a fate seal effect (or at least, most likely is).

For the topic of the thread, two different things are being discussed here. Compensation and refund.
    Imagine someone would buy units. Then ask a refund and get the money back, and still keep the units. How is that fair? Why would someone be against this?
    Talking about compensation for bugs is a different thing here. You are taking advantage of something to talk about other, and things like these happen for every update with the usual threads "yeh new content is nice, but what about the bugs?" or the "hey you are fixing this bug, but what about THIS ONE?".

No bro ur missing the point
    If I spend 3k units on a boss that is bugged

To get back from Kabam
    5x revives and dew health pots

Is that fair ??

My point is they have to match what the bug cost players

From experience they never do so, should that player then contact Apple or google to recover what they actually spent on the game
    Due to the bug/issue ?
    This is my point.
    How do u feel on this ?
    That is the different topic I was talking about. That is about "compensation" and not about the "refund" topic the announcement was mentioning.
  • KuBcOoLKuBcOoL Posts: 45
    I’m going to assume this is directed at Apple. Many of us have heard the ban stories from android refunds. So if I’m right then how does kabam get the information to tie the refunds back from Apple to the account in game. It has always been my understanding that Apple doesn’t disclose user information to the app developers. Has Apple changed their policy on giving out user info or am I missing something here?
  • kmbell81kmbell81 Posts: 47
    edited June 2019
    Jestress said:

Curious what happens next time Kabam releases a featured crystal with the incorrect champions in it (this has happened multiple times in the past), and players request refunds. Will they be penalized for Kabam's mistake?

If I recall correctly, in the past, when Kabam has issued crystals with the wrong champion they have subsequently given the correct crystal as compensation in addition to the incorrect one you already got. Basically, in those cases, you get two crystals for the price of one.

• daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    I am 100% on board with Kabam on this. Buying units and then claiming a refund has been going on for years and I bet everyone who's been playing this game for a few years knows someone who has pulled this scam. If you have a legitimate claim for a refund this change won't affect you. Plse dont listen to that idiot youtuber who claims to be the voice of the community. This really is a non story in my eyes.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Kratorian said:

As mentioned within the announcement:

If you ever encounter an issue with an in-app purchase or to return any unused items from an accidental purchase, reach out to our Support Team. They are here to help you.

Putting this into effect was meant to aid in keeping The Contest fair and balanced for everyone as well, not to halt assistance. For most players, this won’t cause much change in how they would go about seeking and receiving assistance with legitimate purchasing issues, but it will help prevent others from taking advantage of the system to gain an unfair advantage over those who are playing and competing in a fair and honest manner.

Here’s the problem. Every help ticket I have ever submitted (and yes I mean EVERY help ticket) has gotten some amalgamation of the response that the game is “working as intended” and my help ticket is automatically closed. Now I know that people probably abuse the system, and I know you need to protect yourself from these “egregious” abuses, but don’t for one minute pretend that this policy was put into place for the balance of the game. Google play and Apple store policies are put in place to make sure that our rights as a consumer are protected from egregious abuses from companies like yourself, who time and time again have shown that you care more about the financial gains than you do your player base. This is just another in a long line of enraging decisions that you have made and personally I’ve had enough. With that, let me just say thank you for making me a free to play player and for pushing me one irreversible step towards retiring this absurd contest of credit cards. I really hope someday Karma comes back upon you in the form of bankruptcy and class action lawsuits for violation of Apple store and google play policies.
    The consumers right act was put in place specifically for digital mobile games such as mcoc. There is no way they can do this. You can return whatever you want, even a car within a certain amount of days and they're telling us people can't refund digital items. It's comical. There's laws in place because all we know companies can change drop rates, even though the visual percentage might say 5% for winning a 5* champion from cavalier crystals, but in reality it could be 1%.
    They didnt say tou canr refund.they said if you refund you need to pay back the cost of the product if you want it again.
    They didnt take the product back from you.

Think of it as a business owner
    I come in and buy 100 dollars worth of food.
    I demand a refund but dont return the food.
    Would you sell me more food? Or demand I break even with you first?
    One your business goes bankrupt the other is how all businesses operate
    You analogy would be better if you mentioned that they had the ability to take back the food once notified, breaking even on the exchange, and didn't use it.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

If you ever encounter an issue with an in-app purchase or to return any unused items from an accidental purchase, reach out to our Support Team. They are here to help you.

Putting this into effect was meant to aid in keeping The Contest fair and balanced for everyone as well, not to halt assistance. For most players, this won’t cause much change in how they would go about seeking and receiving assistance with legitimate purchasing issues, but it will help prevent others from taking advantage of the system to gain an unfair advantage over those who are playing and competing in a fair and honest manner.

I mean, I could play devil’s advocate and say spending gives people who spend an unfair advantage over people who don’t but I don’t really want to open that Pandora’s Box.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Kratorian said:

Here’s the problem. Every help ticket I have ever submitted (and yes I mean EVERY help ticket) has gotten some amalgamation of the response that the game is “working as intended” and my help ticket is automatically closed. Now I know that people probably abuse the system, and I know you need to protect yourself from these “egregious” abuses, but don’t for one minute pretend that this policy was put into place for the balance of the game. Google play and Apple store policies are put in place to make sure that our rights as a consumer are protected from egregious abuses from companies like yourself, who time and time again have shown that you care more about the financial gains than you do your player base. This is just another in a long line of enraging decisions that you have made and personally I’ve had enough. With that, let me just say thank you for making me a free to play player and for pushing me one irreversible step towards retiring this absurd contest of credit cards. I really hope someday Karma comes back upon you in the form of bankruptcy and class action lawsuits for violation of Apple store and google play policies.
    The consumers right act was put in place specifically for digital mobile games such as mcoc. There is no way they can do this. You can return whatever you want, even a car within a certain amount of days and they're telling us people can't refund digital items. It's comical. There's laws in place because all we know companies can change drop rates, even though the visual percentage might say 5% for winning a 5* champion from cavalier crystals, but in reality it could be 1%.
    They didnt say tou canr refund.they said if you refund you need to pay back the cost of the product if you want it again.
    They didnt take the product back from you.

Think of it as a business owner
    I come in and buy 100 dollars worth of food.
    I demand a refund but dont return the food.
    Would you sell me more food? Or demand I break even with you first?
    One your business goes bankrupt the other is how all businesses operate
    You analogy would be better if you mentioned that they had the ability to take back the food once notified, breaking even on the exchange, and didn't use it.
    I ate the food and it was bad hence the need for a refund.
    Much like you used the units and it was bugged.

You've changed the story here. If the item was bad, assuming you've ruined it for resale in that discovery, no store is going to give you your money back and then demand you buy at least an additional $100 of items to continue shopping there in the future.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

I am 100% on board with Kabam on this. Buying units and then claiming a refund has been going on for years and I bet everyone who's been playing this game for a few years knows someone who has pulled this scam. If you have a legitimate claim for a refund this change won't affect you. Plse dont listen to that idiot youtuber who claims to be the voice of the community. This really is a non story in my eyes.

Best post anyone has made in this thread. The idiot youtuber you speak of being against it alone should tell you it's a good thing.