**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

About the refund policy

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

I'm conflicted. On one hand, I'm not a scammer, so I'm not particularly scared, but what if I do have a legitimate reason for getting a refund? What's the cutoff? What if I charge a purchase to the wrong card (has happened before)? What if there's some other legit reason, what's the cut-off? What's your recourse if you feel like you can show you were banned unfairly under this new policy?

The policy states that if the items aren't used, and you go through Kabam support, they can assist you with a refund. This is to prevent people who are buying items or units, using them and then refunding through Google Play or the App store. People with legitimate reasons for a refund can go through Kabam support without repercussions.
    Mixalis said:

ItsDamien said:

Mixalis said:

ItsDamien said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

It causes an unhealthy platform. It's a double standard. For example, I decided to get a refund for $100 worth of revives

Then you say 10 in refunds..
    So were at 3 now?

I said example genius. Why do you keep messaging me? Crazy much?
    Says the guy who answers every post hypocrisy?

Lol still 2 violations openly admitted
    Did someone steal something from you or something? Because you seem butthurt. Kabam is the one stealing when your in act 6 and get koed for no reason because of a bug. You keep using the word stole. It's legal to refund. Foh.
    Sure, and it's legal for Kabam to enforce their policy and ban you for falsely refunding. In fact another place that deals with Charge Back issues a lot is Twitch. You ever hear about the troll who would donate thousands of dollars to streamers, then charge back the donation so the streamer would have to pay the charges? Yeah. They got burned when PayPal told them they weren't getting their money back from the troll donations.
    My issue is they can take the items back and I get my money back, but then they ban too. It's a double standard
    And that's exactly what this new policy is changing, if you can be bothered to actually read it. If you buy something, don't use the items or units, then request a refund FROM KABAM SUPPORT, then you will be fine as long as the items have not been used. Trying to get a refund via Apple or Google and circumventing the due process of Kabam retrieving the items is what causes people to get banned.
    Who said I used the items?
    If you didn't use the items then in this new policy you can go through Kabam support and get a refund. If you learn to read, you can see that's what's written.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★

Kobster84 said:

I kind of fail to see how any bugs, glitches or other issues are related to people buying stuff, in other words agreeing to a contract, and then trying to get a refund from a third party, breaking both said contract and the sorrounding tos.

Well in cases of bad descriptions or faulty goods such as for example
    There was a crystal which guaranteed a certain 4 or 5* champ which included war machine
    Didn’t say 5* war machine was excluded so some collectors bought it with the intent of getting him and he wasn’t in it
    Or in cases of the t5cc deal where it didn’t state the amount of shards per crystal and showed one of the same design as the 11.25k fragment crystals
    Just as drooped said.

Those instances have always been resolved properly, at least I'm not aware of an instance in which they didn't.

And the t5cc deal was a unit offer. Buying the units is a completely different legal interaction than using said units to buy another thing in game. And according to the actual legal situation at hand, this got properly resolved as well.

Or are you implying people should have gotten a refund for their units? That doesn't hold any water.

Again, completely seperate legal instances. If you take a loan from your bank to buy a car, which turns out to be somewhat falsely advertised, do you think the car company should pay of your loan?
    If you purchase the units with the sole intent to purchase the offer, then legally it is the same as directly purchasing that offer for cash. Using a proxy currency as an intermediate step does not alter this legally. This legal area is settled and not disputable.
    Hulk_77 said:

Kobster84 said:

I kind of fail to see how any bugs, glitches or other issues are related to people buying stuff, in other words agreeing to a contract, and then trying to get a refund from a third party, breaking both said contract and the sorrounding tos.

There was a crystal which guaranteed a certain 4 or 5* champ which included war machine
    Didn’t say 5* war machine was excluded so some collectors bought it with the intent of getting him and he wasn’t in it
    Or in cases of the t5cc deal where it didn’t state the amount of shards per crystal and showed one of the same design as the 11.25k fragment crystals
    Just as drooped said.

Those instances have always been resolved properly, at least I'm not aware of an instance in which they didn't.

And the t5cc deal was a unit offer. Buying the units is a completely different legal interaction than using said units to buy another thing in game. And according to the actual legal situation at hand, this got properly resolved as well.

Or are you implying people should have gotten a refund for their units? That doesn't hold any water.

Again, completely seperate legal instances. If you take a loan from your bank to buy a car, which turns out to be somewhat falsely advertised, do you think the car company should pay of your loan?
    If you purchase the units with the sole intent to purchase the offer, then legally it is the same as directly purchasing that offer for cash. Using a proxy currency as an intermediate step does not alter this legally. This legal area is settled and not disputable.
    Not exactly, because legally you have purchased a premium currency which can be used for any in game transaction that requires that currency. When you purchased the units the legally binding contract between the user and the seller is fulfilled at that point when the transaction is completed. What that currency is then used for is at your own discretion, but the contract between you and the company has been fulfilled. If you then spend that currency to obtain any other items that you're then not happy with and refund the purchase of the currency, you're breaking your contract.
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 454 ★★★
    Mixalis said:

ItsDamien said:

Mixalis said:

ItsDamien said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

It causes an unhealthy platform. It's a double standard. For example, I decided to get a refund for $100 worth of revives

Then you say 10 in refunds..
    So were at 3 now?

I said example genius. Why do you keep messaging me? Crazy much?
    Says the guy who answers every post hypocrisy?

Lol still 2 violations openly admitted
    Did someone steal something from you or something? Because you seem butthurt. Kabam is the one stealing when your in act 6 and get koed for no reason because of a bug. You keep using the word stole. It's legal to refund. Foh.
    Sure, and it's legal for Kabam to enforce their policy and ban you for falsely refunding. In fact another place that deals with Charge Back issues a lot is Twitch. You ever hear about the troll who would donate thousands of dollars to streamers, then charge back the donation so the streamer would have to pay the charges? Yeah. They got burned when PayPal told them they weren't getting their money back from the troll donations.
    My issue is they can take the items back and I get my money back, but then they ban too. It's a double standard
    And that's exactly what this new policy is changing, if you can be bothered to actually read it. If you buy something, don't use the items or units, then request a refund FROM KABAM SUPPORT, then you will be fine as long as the items have not been used. Trying to get a refund via Apple or Google and circumventing the due process of Kabam retrieving the items is what causes people to get banned.
    Who said i used them?

I have trouble understanding how you so blantantly miss a point. Thats just one of the stipulations. When you go over kabams head to google, they give you the refund but dont take back the items. Thats the difference and why youre banned. If you request the refund through kabam then they take the items back and yiu get back your purchase.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,648 Guardian
    Hulk_77 said:

Kobster84 said:

Just as drooped said.

Depends on where you are. I wouldn't assert such a thing callously. In the UK, and probably most of Europe, I believe this is the default position. But it hasn't been stringently tested in court. In the US, it is actually the opposite as there's some precedent going the other way, but this also hasn't been thoroughly tested.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I really don't have an issue with this on a large scale. The refund system through Apple in particular has been abused for years. I'm not surprised they made this announcement right before one of their biggest offer days in the year either. I've spent a large sum of money in this game and have never claimed a refund even though there are probably a few instances they might have been warranted. The fact that people have been spending very large sums and then almost immediately reversing payment while keeping the purchased items really needed to stop.

My only concern is when a mistake in purchase gets made whether it be a double charge, item wasn't delivered, etc... I've only personally had an issue with a purchase not being delivered once and support was more than helpful enough to rectify it for me once I provided them with purchase screenshots. I've however heard some stories that didn't go quite as smoothly. All I can do is hope that if someone does have a purchase issue in the future that support is as helpful to them as they were to me in this instance and a few others unrelated to money purchases (bought the wrong sig stones from the featured store is one that comes to mind). Ice never personally had an issue with any support ticket I've raised so all I can do is hope for the same for others (when they're actually justified). People dumping a ton of units into "bugged content" and then claiming a refund isn't one of them imo. You chose to continue to spend units on something that didn't seem right. That one is on you

Hulk_77 said:

ItsDamien said:

Hulk_77 said:

Kobster84 said:

Just as drooped said.

Not exactly, because legally you have purchased a premium currency which can be used for any in game transaction that requires that currency. When you purchased the units the legally binding contract between the user and the seller is fulfilled at that point when the transaction is completed. What that currency is then used for is at your own discretion, but the contract between you and the company has been fulfilled. If you then spend that currency to obtain any other items that you're then not happy with and refund the purchase of the currency, you're breaking your contract.
    This is NOT what the FCC says about it. Intent matters in the equation. If I must buy units to buy an offer, it's the same as cash in their legal opinion.
    The FCC wouldnt have anything to do with this... You mean the FTC right?
    Pony_boy said:

ItsDamien said:

I'm conflicted. On one hand, I'm not a scammer, so I'm not particularly scared, but what if I do have a legitimate reason for getting a refund? What's the cutoff? What if I charge a purchase to the wrong card (has happened before)? What if there's some other legit reason, what's the cut-off? What's your recourse if you feel like you can show you were banned unfairly under this new policy?

The policy states that if the items aren't used, and you go through Kabam support, they can assist you with a refund. This is to prevent people who are buying items or units, using them and then refunding through Google Play or the App store. People with legitimate reasons for a refund can go through Kabam support without repercussions.
    That’s the problem right there. Going through Kabam support. It is virtually worthless and anti customer support.
    Sure, I will concede that Kabam support is bad, but if its the only way to get a refund without getting banned, then so be it. I will agree also that Kabam support needs to be much much better than it is. But I remain firm on my stance that if you bypass Kabam Support and break ToS by requesting a refund from Google Play or the App store and circumvent the due process for a refund through Kabam Support that you should expect punishment.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    No more stealing what you think you deserve as compensation. I like it.
    ItsDamien said:

Hulk_77 said:

ItsDamien said:

Hulk_77 said:

Kobster84 said:

Just as drooped said.

This is NOT what the FCC says about it. Intent matters in the equation. If I must buy units to buy an offer, it's the same as cash in their legal opinion.
    FCC is the agency to report for False Advertising.
    And crud, I just checked my old emails, it was the FTC and I crossed a wire and misspoke today. My brain was so convinced it was CC and not TC. I could edit my posts but I won't, I earned this shame.

Anyways, replace any CC in my prior posts with TC and then they're correct.
    Hulk_77 said:

ItsDamien said:

Hulk_77 said:

ItsDamien said:

Hulk_77 said:

Kobster84 said:

Just as drooped said.

FCC is the agency to report for False Advertising.
    Wrong, the FTC deals with the main false advertising issues.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,648 Guardian
    Hulk_77 said:

ItsDamien said:

Hulk_77 said:

Kobster84 said:

Just as drooped said.

I'm unaware of any FTC statement in this regards, but if you have one please link it.

It would be a weird statement which is why I'm curious to read it if it exists, because the FTC is not in the business of making such legal declarations absent caselaw.
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    now honest players pay for cheaters , is clear this is cause some players are doing fraudulent purchase , taking items from game is possible , we seen this before when items were remove from accounts after exploits , a more honest justification would be more appreciated , more transparency
    DNA3000 said:

Hulk_77 said:

ItsDamien said:

Hulk_77 said:

Kobster84 said:

Just as drooped said.

I'm unaware of any FTC statement in this regards, but if you have one please link it.

It would be a weird statement which is why I'm curious to read it if it exists, because the FTC is not in the business of making such legal declarations absent caselaw.
    Email communication with them about 4 or 5 months back. I filed my complaint the day the shut down ended. I also think I saw it elsewhere, I'd have to dig it up.
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 454 ★★★
    Hulk_77 said:

DNA3000 said:

Hulk_77 said:

ItsDamien said:

Hulk_77 said:

Kobster84 said:

Just as drooped said.

Email communication with them about 4 or 5 months back. I filed my complaint the day the shut down ended. I also think I saw it elsewhere, I'd have to dig it up.
    You said in a previous quote that you had reviewed the email already though didnt you? Thats how you realized that it was the FTC not the FCC
  • CaykoCayko Posts: 111
    Kobster84 said:

Mcord117 said:

I have complained about this company and its practices a good share but if you are so upset at their practices that you go back to apple or google to ask for a refund, why are you looking to buy from them again? I mean, that is all this is blocking you from, giving them more money. Its an ugly policy because they are accepting no responsibility in the interaction, which is their way, but in the end once you get your credit don't spend again. if you want to spend again, pay back what you requested a refund for.

to be clear, if my company ever tried to enact such a policy to our customers the net result would be less customers. I am not saying this is a good policy just that if you felt that aggrieved the last thing you should do is buy more.

My point kinda is that surely Kabam agreed to an ToS for the platform they launch their game from. If they were legit in this "policy" I'm sure they would have been able to block the refund mechanism all together.
    I'm also sure that this ToS has rules about the game standard matching the costs reflected by the exchange value they've set up witj the unit system.

Now they're leveraging it. Ofcourse Kabam need to nail the "egregious" ones but this way they punish legit people which the middle man payment method is set up to protect in Kabam's shortcomings. Ontop of this the middle man system is something the customer should be able to rely on in legit cases.

Jaded said:

Except when facing the mephisto vs 6.2.6 the champion boss. In which mephisto didn’t stop him from producing buffs. I wrote to support, they asked for a video of it. So I had to revive mephisto, take the video and send other information. I asked for the revive to be refunded to my account and “support” refused to until they could consider full compensation for this bug.

On that fight, The Champion is immune to Fate Seal effects. Soul imprisonment is a fate seal effect (or at least, most likely is).

For the topic of the thread, two different things are being discussed here. Compensation and refund.
    Imagine someone would buy units. Then ask a refund and get the money back, and still keep the units. How is that fair? Why would someone be against this?
    Talking about compensation for bugs is a different thing here. You are taking advantage of something to talk about other, and things like these happen for every update with the usual threads "yeh new content is nice, but what about the bugs?" or the "hey you are fixing this bug, but what about THIS ONE?".
    At one point they become the same.
    When a compensation is in place and kabam refuses people could find it reasonable to BUY the stuff back, refund ans keep the items = self made compensation = legit

I am 100% on board with Kabam on this. Buying units and then claiming a refund has been going on for years and I bet everyone who's been playing this game for a few years knows someone who has pulled this scam. If you have a legitimate claim for a refund this change won't affect you. Plse dont listen to that idiot youtuber who claims to be the voice of the community. This really is a non story in my eyes.

Well, the problem with your statement is that there are ALOT of players with legit causes who got kascammed

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Kratorian said:

As mentioned within the announcement:

If you ever encounter an issue with an in-app purchase or to return any unused items from an accidental purchase, reach out to our Support Team. They are here to help you.

Putting this into effect was meant to aid in keeping The Contest fair and balanced for everyone as well, not to halt assistance. For most players, this won’t cause much change in how they would go about seeking and receiving assistance with legitimate purchasing issues, but it will help prevent others from taking advantage of the system to gain an unfair advantage over those who are playing and competing in a fair and honest manner.

Here’s the problem. Every help ticket I have ever submitted (and yes I mean EVERY help ticket) has gotten some amalgamation of the response that the game is “working as intended” and my help ticket is automatically closed. Now I know that people probably abuse the system, and I know you need to protect yourself from these “egregious” abuses, but don’t for one minute pretend that this policy was put into place for the balance of the game. Google play and Apple store policies are put in place to make sure that our rights as a consumer are protected from egregious abuses from companies like yourself, who time and time again have shown that you care more about the financial gains than you do your player base. This is just another in a long line of enraging decisions that you have made and personally I’ve had enough. With that, let me just say thank you for making me a free to play player and for pushing me one irreversible step towards retiring this absurd contest of credit cards. I really hope someday Karma comes back upon you in the form of bankruptcy and class action lawsuits for violation of Apple store and google play policies.
    The consumers right act was put in place specifically for digital mobile games such as mcoc. There is no way they can do this. You can return whatever you want, even a car within a certain amount of days and they're telling us people can't refund digital items. It's comical. There's laws in place because all we know companies can change drop rates, even though the visual percentage might say 5% for winning a 5* champion from cavalier crystals, but in reality it could be 1%.
    They didnt say tou canr refund.they said if you refund you need to pay back the cost of the product if you want it again.
    They didnt take the product back from you.

Think of it as a business owner
    I come in and buy 100 dollars worth of food.
    I demand a refund but dont return the food.
    Would you sell me more food? Or demand I break even with you first?
    One your business goes bankrupt the other is how all businesses operate
    You analogy would be better if you mentioned that they had the ability to take back the food once notified, breaking even on the exchange, and didn't use it.
    I ate the food and it was bad hence the need for a refund.
    Much like you used the units and it was bugged.

You have the weakest argument there ever was in the history of analagies lmao
    Your supporting refunds and keeping the product with no cost to you.

Where I come from we call that theft and its illegal
    Two months we had the worst gameplay with bugs, lag etc... I know ally members that bought $50 dollar energy refills and revives to play act 6, but they got frustrated with bugs they decide to return the items they didn't use. Imagine buying all that stuff and kabam has months of horrible gameplay and now you can't refund? Nonsense. You have no valid point. Btw, no one ever mentioned refunding cavalier crystals! We are talking about the items!
    It doesnt matter what you buy if you get a refund you return the item.
    If you cant return the item (you still use it) energy refills or champs you create a negative balance. Not sure why your against this. Unless your admitting to fraudulent refunds.
    You are clueless! Who said anything about keeping the items??! We're talking about cash! Not the damn items! We know we can't keep those if we refund! Go back to sleep
    Kabam doesnt negate purchases if you refund. Dude are you lost?
    If tou get cash back you should lose anything bought with that cash correct?
    Since that DOESNT happen. It creates a negative balance this new policy addresses the negative balance.

That's it.
    Dude, you got issues. Kabam is negating the ability to get our cash back! I never said I want to still keep the items! If I buy revives and energy refills and the game is bugged, I want to have the ability to refund my CASH and NOT keep the items!
    Actually, we've never had that ability. As per the TOS, refunds were prohibited. Those were the terms we agreed to in making purchases.
    I don't really believe that the consumers act is something that could be trumped with a ToS.
    Neither do I believe Kabam's own ToS can override the "ToS" Kabam agreed on to use Apple's and Google's platforms.
    If it actually was like that you could be damn sure that refunding would have been shut down all together as a function in Mcoc