**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New lockout thoughts community??

I do understand the logic behind what kabam is doing but wonder what the protections are for alliances running higher maps from people joining collecting rewards not donating and leaving after lock out periods ?

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Probably the opposite. People joining, donating and then being kicked just to fill the bank.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Probably the opposite. People joining, donating and then being kicked just to fill the bank.

We know already that a lot of people have a second or third account in an alternative alliance from their mains just collecting on Loyalty specifically, so they can bring them to their mains alliance and dump all the loyalty in there for running higher maps.

I can see exactly why Kabam is making this Lockout a thing. This actually hurts the playerbase, where as before the only one losing out on this was Kabam. I'm not even affected by the change, and I think it's completely wrong for them to be doing this without giving a better way to obtain loyalty regularly.
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    My thoughts:

Bahahahahahaha....

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Totally owned.
  • Options
    StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    I get the idea behind it and i can see why kabam want to act. Especially if they are trying to reduce things like credit card fraud.

But this will cause problems for alliances which have any regular turnover. One person not paying and leaving will be a big problem. Alliances will probably have to over charge and build up treasury reserves.

There was a more obvious solution kabam. Scrap the map costs. That way no-one does it and people can play the challenging content. I dont see why AQ costs so much when entering every uncollected quest, AW, ROL, LOl and event quest is free.

Especially as champs are so expensive to rank up with gold. Act 6 content being resource and champ intensive. This is a good opportunity to solve several problems at once. It would also be good for PR with the community which have traditionally been largely ignored.
  • Options
    ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★
    There's going to be a downside to this lockout period and from what I see is there will be players who just jump alliances every week. So for them AQ donations will cease to be it's crazy to try and fix a problem but leave a gaping hole for single minded players to reap rewards for no donation cost ?
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★
    Str said:

I get the idea behind it and i can see why kabam want to act. Especially if they are trying to reduce things like credit card fraud.

But this will cause problems for alliances which have any regular turnover. One person not paying and leaving will be a big problem. Alliances will probably have to over charge and build up treasury reserves.

There was a more obvious solution kabam. Scrap the map costs. That way no-one does it and people can play the challenging content. I dont see why AQ costs so much when entering every uncollected quest, AW, ROL, LOl and event quest is free.

Especially as champs are so expensive to rank up with gold. Act 6 content being resource and champ intensive. This is a good opportunity to solve several problems at once. It would also be good for PR with the community which have traditionally been largely ignored.

Funny story is thier other game got rid of alliance donations and they still do just fine for alliance quests