**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Please help evade korg sp1

WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
I don’t even know how people are actually going to be able to help… How do you convey “timing” into words…? But it’s worth a shot. In the past two days I’ve dueled him 35 times. At least 4 sp1’s each fight. Let’s call it 120 times... successfully evade: Once

I just can’t get it. I have studied videos, real speed and slow...I evade the first blast. Got that. Always get hit by the second. Tried swiping faster, slower. Tried evading first blast a touch earlier to give more time to evade second one.

I evade the first one RIGHT as his foot comes down. How quickly/slowly do you need to swipe the second time to evade the second one? Is there a comparable timing to some other champ. I’m at my wits end. Help?!

FYI. This isn’t a “how do I beat him post” I can beat him just fine. SP one doesn’t do that much damage and it’s easy to push him to SP2… This is a point of pride (or damaged pride really)

Comments

• Options
    Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85
    Evade the first shot faster than you think you need to.
  • Options
    MixkebabMixkebab Posts: 82
    Every time you evade, you get 2 things.
    1. A window of invincibility
    2. An amount of end lag time before you can evade again

Normally what happens is you evade the first shot but you have too much end lag to evade the second, so the second hit lands.

What you need to do is trust the length of the window of invincibility that you have. Evade BEFORE Korg makes that first shot. If you time it right, the first shot misses you during the second half of your window, which gives you enough time to complete your end lag and evade the second hit.

You're essentially evading sooner to buy yourself that extra milisecond to complete the end lag.
  • Options
    BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    if I remember well.....

As soon as you see is hand reach back for that Rod, Evade1
    When is foot touches the ground Evade 2 and 3
  • Options
    Well... just got iPhone XR and now I can somewhat consistently evade the sp1!! Coincidence???... yeah, probably😂

Seriously, though, the advice was helpful. Thanks!
  • Options
    ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    How do you post a video in here
  • Options
    ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    Basically i just swipe back three times quickly right before his foot touches the ground
  • Options
    @ThatGuy214 only way I know is upload to YouTube and paste link