**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it possible to drop AW Position after a big win?

ViclapViclap Posts: 56
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
We were #37 in Platinum 2, on 4.2m points.

We just had a big win and our points are now 5.3m.

Yet we dropped one position to #38.

This is the first time I’ve seen this happen.

I get that it’s not impossible - but it is definitely highly, highly improbable, as it would mean all the alliances above us would have needed to win; and some alliances below us win bigger than we did.

I suspect more issues is the actual reason.

Matchmaking was broken again last war round and I suspect that there is also a problem with the incorrect attribution and application of multipliers across the Tiers.

Can someone at Kabak please explain the math behind our drop in position and convince me it’s not more incompetence?

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Some that was ranked below you prior but is in a higher war tier won... Not overly complicated
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    You’re probably in a lower tier than the alliances around you so even with a win you’re not getting as many points as the higher tier alliances who lise , for example you win get 200k in tier 4 you get 900 but a 150k loss in t2 is also 900k, so you aren’t going higher even with the win
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    yes it is very possible to drop position after a win, its very common on the brink of p1/masters and p2/p3, and everywhere the last few wars of a season in masters/p1
  • Pandorica333Pandorica333 Posts: 64
    We did the same, dropped a few spots in p2 after a win. I’m thinking this has something to do with the issues surrounding matchmaking.
  • 80SS80SS Posts: 9
    Lvernon15 said:

You’re probably in a lower tier than the alliances around you so even with a win you’re not getting as many points as the higher tier alliances who lise , for example you win get 200k in tier 4 you get 900 but a 150k loss in t2 is also 900k, so you aren’t going higher even with the win

Some very helpful comments from some very informed ppl, lol.