**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

End of Product life?

What is kabam's long term goal with MCOC? What is the anticipated end date of the game?

Comments

• SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Currently they have plans till 2020 after that no one knows
    edited August 2017
    03x7sd35l8my.jpg
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/5g72fd/marvel_contest_of_champions_mcu_calendar_20162020/

As far as goals go use these things to speculate this was from kabams comic con in Brazil they purposely left some things off
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    a) when Marvel stops making movies/comics
    b) when Marvel pulls their licensing
    c) when they run out of Marvel characters (60+ more champs until 2020)
  • bigdickbigdick Posts: 1
    Kabam need to do something with maxed signatures level 5*!!!
    Op ima tell you now don't worry games lasting to 2020 people have been saying game will die since about day one (it's still here)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Immortal wrote: »
    5p9z2zis29bc.jpg

Unless changes are done to improve and expand the quality of end game contents in the contest, it will come sooner than you think. End game has become stagnant and even the most basic concept of collecting new and powerful champions have become pointless.

This has become an reoccurring issues for a growing amount of players. Out of the 80+ champs, they are pulling again and again the same champ. At sig 200, they again pulled and the same champ from featured 5*. What they got was 24 ISO and 1k gold.

In a game designed around prestige, duping a champ to sig 200 should be a good thing, instead they are being punished.

When I see images like this, it completely kills my interests. Why bother do aq aw when the result will be a slap on the face?

First off, the AQ Rewards are designed around Prestige. Not the game. Secondly, that's a pretty small cross-section to deduce that the game is dying. That's not to say there is not room for improvement. When speaking in terms of the entire game, it's important to look at the whole, and that includes all levels.
    You guys seriously think this game is going to last 3 more years? We can't even f****** Parry anymore. Diminishing returns champ nerfs weren't enough. Every time they update the game, somehow, some way, the base mechanics of combat get altered, in their favor. Blocks not working, evade not working, INTERCEPTS not even working this patch, ridiculous block damage coinciding with a ridiculous parry window.

I mean, i love the game, I'm here playing it, but honestly how many more years can you put up with it? They have already commented HARDCORE money milking face at the expense of losing players. We are in the downfall.

What was it a few months ago arena score?
    Then it was bugs
    Then it was bad offers
    Then it was hackers

At this point I've heard it all before what u think this is the worst the game ever been? I have seen it way worse like way and suprise surprise where still here il see u next year when. You make this same comment over something new to complain about
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    You guys seriously think this game is going to last 3 more years? We can't even f****** Parry anymore. Diminishing returns champ nerfs weren't enough. Every time they update the game, somehow, some way, the base mechanics of combat get altered, in their favor. Blocks not working, evade not working, INTERCEPTS not even working this patch, ridiculous block damage coinciding with a ridiculous parry window.

I mean, i love the game, I'm here playing it, but honestly how many more years can you put up with it? They have already commented HARDCORE money milking face at the expense of losing players. We are in the downfall.

What was it a few months ago arena score?
    Then it was bugs
    Then it was bad offers
    Then it was hackers

At this point I've heard it all before what u think this is the worst the game ever been? I have seen it way worse like way and suprise surprise where still here il see u next year when. You make this same comment over something new to complain about

How the f*** have you seen it worse? Parry is ridiculous, that's one thing, at least it can be done if you parry at the exact perfect time. But swiping back to block and you just stand there, or intercepting after an enemy charges you and somehow he wins, how long do you think prior will put up with this ****? You think the same people are still around from before? Honestly? Why do you think they keep milking us more and more and more? Revenue is plummeting.

Worse as in not being able to sign Into ur account yet being able to make new ones and having multiple friends tell you they are in the same boat worse is when 10 fps ends up being good and 15 amazing on a high-end phone and having to sign In on ur bad little ipod and hoping you can login to play
    Controls freezing has been a thing since I started playing this game only difference now is I notice it on ios to me that's way worse
    Milking? Guess that's always in ur own perspective what may be expensive to some won't be to others so yeah I have seen it way worse
    And as it stands mcoc is ranked number 20 in top grossing Google play store don't even know about Apple so can't really say there loosing extreme amounts of money
    And thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/9653/marvel-contest-of-champions/

If making 127k Daily is bad i would love to make a game and have it be bad
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    This will fall on deaf ears but I have an idea for max sig 5*s. Release a special crystal with 5* versions of Thor, BW, SW, DS, WW2, and any other original champs that weren't gonna release as regular 5*s. This way you can only get them as a special bonus for getting to sig level 200 on regular champs. Either that or give 15k shards every time a 5* is duped whem maxxed out so you at least get another spin. It would be very disappointing to get nothing but iso and gold from a 5* crystal. That needs to be addressed.
  • ThreedeadkingsThreedeadkings Posts: 97
    I'm of the opinion that Kabam should address the issue of duplicity when they are maxed, especially 5*. It may not be an issue for the general populace but it's going to be an issue in a very short span of time for majority.

Introducing 6* or issuing more 5* shards may not solve the issue in entirety. Let's not forget that a champ's ability must have a ceiling at some point. But what should be the next course of action?

For one, I'll like to suggest a few ideas once a 5* reaches its max ability of lvl200.
    1) It unlocks customization. The awakened 5* will have one of its stars turned red from white. It will basically allow summoners to chose which inherent sig ability his champ will inherit. And once the summoner reaches another lvl200, he converts another white star to red, allowing him to unlock another customization; and so on. Let's take the example of the above , Winter Soldier. The summoner can chose either to increase fury buff or power drain buff duration.

2) It allows/unlocks Champ Enrage timer. I've always thought the enrage timer appearing on LOL champs are somewhat punishing especially when it gets to 3rd. But it may be a very interesting idea to have maxed out 5* champs running enrage as a second layer of difficulty.

3) it unlocks unique champ synergies. We are seeing more and more specific champ synergy and this could be another idea to consider once a 5* champ is maxed at lvl200. I don't have specific example but I'm sure game team can tinker with it

Again, just ideas.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    I though the game ended with 12.0.

Actually it ended when WP was nerfed, 12.0, 13.0.....the game has had more deaths than a Phoenix. See what I did there?

The game ended on May 31, 2015. The naysayers posted the end of the world date in advance by a few months. So I believe it was around February of that year or so when they told us when the world would end.

The armchair dictators of the forum were already saying that the game would die if their well-thought out suggestions weren't implemented, a pattern that would repeat itself with the deadpool nerf, will power nerf, the famous July 2015 boycott, pym cannisters "excitement" and others.

(People seem to have forgotten that parry was on the "it would kill MCOC" sounding board and thus should be removed or the game will die.)

So a deathbed date of May 31 might sound believable to some.

Technically, they took advantage of an apple support screw up to spread a "rumor". I don't know anyone who had fallen for it but that didn't stop people from talking about it and then having Kabam posting sticky threads in every sub-forum (called "categories" now) to tell people it is false.

So all of the other "end of the world" speculation will never be as "real" as May 31.
  • DDL wrote: »
    What is kabam's long term goal with MCOC? What is the anticipated end date of the game?

Answer to q 1: Increase production rate from 2 toons/month to 10 toons/month.
    Answer to q2: It depends from player to player, for example if i open 3 featured 5* crystal and get 3 spidergwen, it will be end of this game for me.
    I though the game ended with 12.0.

Actually it ended when WP was nerfed, 12.0, 13.0.....the game has had more deaths than a Phoenix. See what I did there?

The game ended on May 31, 2015. The naysayers posted the end of the world date in advance by a few months. So I believe it was around February of that year or so when they told us when the world would end.

The armchair dictators of the forum were already saying that the game would die if their well-thought out suggestions weren't implemented, a pattern that would repeat itself with the deadpool nerf, will power nerf, the famous July 2015 boycott, pym cannisters "excitement" and others.

(People seem to have forgotten that parry was on the "it would kill MCOC" sounding board and thus should be removed or the game will die.)

So a deathbed date of May 31 might sound believable to some.

Technically, they took advantage of an apple support screw up to spread a "rumor". I don't know anyone who had fallen for it but that didn't stop people from talking about it and then having Kabam posting sticky threads in every sub-forum (called "categories" now) to tell people it is false.

So all of the other "end of the world" speculation will never be as "real" as May 31.

I remember that it was funny
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    DDL wrote: »

It will never end. Here is why. In a post mike said that act 5 chapter 2 would be around till the end of the universe. Try and figure it out from that perspective.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    Just play the game and enjoy. If it dies, it dies. If not, that's cool with me.
  • GarbagePandaGarbagePanda Posts: 46
    With all the alternate timelines and various stories Marvel could make into more content, the game will extend past 2020. If they can keep making new comics, the game will live