**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dungeon Griefing Needs A Fix!!!

Comments

• Options
    TaintedTainted Posts: 15
    @CoatHang3r :
    1. The system can be improved obviously. The teams used must be @higher PI for dungeon 6,7.
    2. The solution proposed by @KerayZ makes sense (first room can be re-rolled without penalty).
    3. There are LOTTS of players avoiding dungeons just because of the random matchmaking and the possible 4 day lockout without doing the required points.
    4. Many players are spending A LOT of time already in the game without having to redo parts of the game instead of just improving it.
    5. Your posts are HUGE. Congrats on having too much time on ur hands. Life ? Family ? Work ? Anyhow, hf.
  • Options
    Mlee1829Mlee1829 Posts: 75
    What if they displayed your average score per run in that room?
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    Like others pointed out there is easy solution which is playing with alliance mates or looking for people in global, discord or other chats, so you can at least confirm champions they want to play with. Asking Kabam to fix faulty matchmaking is not the best idea, because they will just do what they always do with everything they touch and ruin it even further, like fix 1 bug but add 3 other bugs in its place
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    @SiriusBreak
    What mang? Your first paragraph concludes with don’t beat a position into the ground while the second paragraph beats your position into the ground. That’s hypocrisy and looks a lot like an attempt to no platform people who do not share your opinion.

Solutions are repeatedly offered but as a matter of course ignored. It should be no surprise they are reiterated in various ways in an attempt to get the point across.

This is a forum a place for debate. I’m not someone’s Mom, I’m not here to coddle people or to account for their emotions. I’m here to address the issue/topic/arguments presented. Anyone else’s state of mind is not my responsibility nor my concern.

Attempting to no platform people who disagree is beyond counterproductive, it is down right disturbing.
  • Options

@SiriusBreak
    What mang? Your first paragraph concludes with don’t beat a position into the ground while the second paragraph beats your position into the ground. That’s hypocrisy and looks a lot like an attempt to no platform people who do not share your opinion.

Solutions are repeatedly offered but as a matter of course ignored. It should be no surprise they are reiterated in various ways in an attempt to get the point across.

This is a forum a place for debate. I’m not someone’s Mom, I’m not here to coddle people or to account for their emotions. I’m here to address the issue/topic/arguments presented. Anyone else’s state of mind is not my responsibility nor my concern.

Attempting to no platform people who disagree is beyond counterproductive, it is down right disturbing.

But you aren't addressing the topic/problem at hand. You are ignoring it with your "solution".
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Also an obvious thing that would help is to shorten the cool down time.

This would only work if you were allowed to back out after seeing the average obviously. I don't see how being allowed to back out after seeing who you got matched with would hurt anything.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Fjolnir said:

KerayZ said:

It has everything to do with expecting people to live up to our standards. If you Match with strangers, you have the possibility of Matching with people at different levels of ability. You can't force people to play the same as you. Where does it stop? What if they die after Room 1? Do we get the ability to penalize them? Part of this is knowing if you're running high Dungeons with higher Champs, you need to be aware you're taking a chance on Matchmaking. The experience is what we make it, and taking a chance on randos means not everyone will be on our level. We can't stop them from trying.

@SiriusBreak he literally just repeated everything he said on page 1. which was already rebutted against in a constructive manner.

No one is stopping any of these people from "trying". We are just choosing not to try with them. Its a choice for a choice. Are you against equality of choice in gaming? Are you pro-griefing?
    If you're unwilling to play with people on your Friends List and won't accept the side-effects of a random Matchmaking system, then the grief is self-inflicted. You can just as easily quit after the first Room if you don't approve of their performance. What you're suggesting is elitism, where people who don't bring what you expect can be bumped around.
    “If you're unwilling to play with people on your Friends List and won't accept the side-effects of a random Matchmaking system, then the grief is self-inflicted”

Omg, are you so against the OP wanting to try and improve the dungeon experience when you find a random partner??
    Am I against the OP wanting to improve it? No. I'm not against anyone's wants or suggestions on a personal level. People can suggest what they want. I don't have to agree with said suggestions.
    Having been here when Dungeons were introduced, and during their return, I know what the goals of Dungeons are. I also know that the system allows people to either Match randomly, or add people they mesh with and play Friends. That's by design, and it's also the reason our Friends List was expanded. What I'm against is altering a system that isn't broken, just so people can exclude others who are already within the set parameters, just because they choose to ignore the possibility of playing with people they already know will hang with them. What the suggestion will do is create a system where people will continually be bumped off because they don't have the commonly-approved strength, and that's not a fair system at all, nor is it the goal of Dungeons. The game mode is not just means to an end. There are ways to avoid this currently, and as annoying as it may be to Match with someone who is lower, that's going to happen with Matchmaking, and it should because the range allowed within the Dungeons is carefully thought out. I'm not against the OP. I'm against a system that rejects people for bringing what they have and trying. We have a choice. Take a chance and accept what happens, or play with someone we know.
  • Options
    As to the first quote I have offered solutions to find a partner/random matching, I in fact practice one of those solutions on multiple occasions for every dungeon cycle.
    Mlee1829 said:

Why is it so bad to want the matchmaking improved? Haha

There is nothing wrong with wanting an improvement or airing grievances.

What’s bad about this is demanding specific solutions which deny others their opportunity to play by replacing random matching with selective matching based on personal preference subject to bias and prejudice. Then personally attacking people who disagree, calling them trolls and misrepresenting their arguments.

If random matching becomes selective matching I am then forced to bring my top champions into match making to even be considered for dungeons which subjects me to the skill, availability and reliability of the other party. This forces my favored champions into cool down at the whim of strangers and denies me the opportunity to manage my own risk and reserve my champions for a time when a friend may want to play.

There is also the fallacy, name calling and no platforming attempts of the OP which doesn't help the discussion.

But yeah there is nothing wrong with wanting an improvement, the ends don’t justify the means proposed when there are already alternatives and options.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

As to the first quote I have offered solutions to find a partner/random matching, I in fact practice one of those solutions on multiple occasions for every dungeon cycle.

Mlee1829 said:

What’s bad about this is demanding specific solutions which deny others their opportunity to play by replacing random matching with selective matching based on personal preference subject to bias and prejudice. Then personally attacking people who disagree, calling them trolls and misrepresenting their arguments.

If random matching becomes selective matching I am then forced to bring my top champions into match making to even be considered for dungeons which subjects me to the skill, availability and reliability of the other party. This forces my favored champions into cool down at the whim of strangers and denies me the opportunity to manage my own risk and reserve my champions for a time when a friend may want to play.

There is also the fallacy, name calling and no platforming attempts of the OP which doesn't help the discussion.

But yeah there is nothing wrong with wanting an improvement, the ends don’t justify the means proposed when there are already alternatives and options.
    How many people do you really believe are capable of running s7 with 4*s and getting past room 2. Yes there are people who can do it but the vast majority of players are not at that skill level. I've run d7 with rank 5 4*s but I do it with friends. If I'm matching with strangers I dont want to waste their time or have them waste mine by not being able to clear as many rooms as possible in one go. If all players were equal in skills you wouldn't see so many aw posts about bad matchmaking. It's not discriminatory to say I don't want to waste my champs with someone who will be wiped out in 1 combo or by chip damage. The key to using lower champs is understanding the nodes and intercepts which a lot of the community cant handle at the level needed to clear multiple rooms.
  • Options
    KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★

wasn't your solution not to fix it and go play with friends because its a non-issue? was there another solution i missed because you have yet to offer a single one.

Again you have not offered a single constructive solution to the issue. You just repeat the same non-constructive verbal diarrhea. You and Groundedwisdom. That's trolling.

Also again, if you choose to cue up with 4*'s that your choice. Thats OK. You can suffer the consequence of folks not wanting that life. You literally just admitted you grief this system to save your better champs for friends. No one is denying you anything. You should be allowed to try that with 5/50s. Just like the player should be allowed to say he doesnt want to commit his 4day cooldown to you.

You can keep cueing up with your crappy team until you find someone who wants to play with your crappy team. You're only upset at this fix because with it you are now forced to suffer the time sync. Currently the people getting griefed by this system are suffering that time sync. You would rather keep that? How many people gotta say they share this experience until you concede? lol If you're so worried that people will not play with you and your 4*'s now then doesn't that tell you something about your choice of them?

Lets not ignore the elephant in the room either. Most people entering this with crappy teams are just going for 1 or 2 rooms. If they wanted all the points they would definitely be making a team that could handle 5 rooms. So this fix also stops you from getting dipped out on by those guys after 2 rooms.

Can we get McFLY up in here at this point?

@SiriusBreak Just sees what we all see. Two guys hell bent on stopping this from being better. At all costs. NO matter how they spin their narrative. You can't enter a debate and just keep repeating yourself while ignoring rebuttals can you?
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but your logic is that people are only constructive if they agree with you and offer solutions to your own personal issue? That's not how a discussion works.
  • Options
    Dshu said:

Mlee1829 said:

How many people do you really believe are capable of running s7 with 4*s and getting past room 2. Yes there are people who can do it but the vast majority of players are not at that skill level. I've run d7 with rank 5 4*s but I do it with friends. If I'm matching with strangers I dont want to waste their time or have them waste mine by not being able to clear as many rooms as possible in one go. If all players were equal in skills you wouldn't see so many aw posts about bad matchmaking. It's not discriminatory to say I don't want to waste my champs with someone who will be wiped out in 1 combo or by chip damage. The key to using lower champs is understanding the nodes and intercepts which a lot of the community cant handle at the level needed to clear multiple rooms.
    Many if not most people capable of d7 room 4-5 with r4s are capable of slightly less with 5/50s. The nodes are the main challenge and it doesn’t matter who you are using if you do not know the nodes. Which is also part of why I run 4*, If I’m matching with strangers I account for the common denominator and plan accordingly, that denominator being people are capable of room 3-4 no matter who they bring and it is rare to find someone capable of greater than that. This means the play is to bring champions you are capable of clearing to that point with while reserving champions you can go further than that with for other occasions. Also people are less willing to push room 5 and risk the entire run when you’re packing 4*

I’ve shown in previous posts that judging capability by rank/rarity alone yields no different results when it’s simply just a bad match.

I’ve also now reminded myself that one of the vocal opponents of the Act 6 4* bans now wants to ban 4* from other content. Is that irony? Hypocrisy? I dunno, I’m lacking sleep today, help a brother out.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

I’ve also now reminded myself that one of the vocal opponents of the Act 6 4* bans now wants to ban 4* from other content. Is that irony? Hypocrisy? I dunno, I’m lacking sleep today, help a brother out.

How am i banning 4*'s from content? lol. You are so clearly desperate now. I feel bad for you. I really do. You had to reach THAT far? I mean that's pretty sad but I would love to hear how we are advocating banning 4*. I would much prefer just to leave your dungeon and cue up with someone else. No bans necessary. You can hopefully team up with that other dude using his 4*'s in random so he can save his good champs for friends lol. I bet you will both have a wonderful time together.

And we have YET to hear anything constructive! Other then poor Coathanger wont be able to get easy matches with his 4* anymore. Forget everyone else! Its all about HIS experience lol.

• Options
    *wasn't your solution not to fix it and go play with friends because its a non-issue? was there another solution i missed because you have yet to offer a single one.

*Again you have not offered a single constructive solution to the issue. You just repeat the same non-constructive verbal diarrhea. You and Groundedwisdom. That's trolling.

Not surprising you didn’t see it since you’ve been cherry picking my replies since the start. This confirms you’re ignoring the entirety of the posts in order to craft a false narrative and misrepresent people.

So lets get this straight @KerayZ @ilacskillz You want to ban 4* from d7 correct? 😂
  • Options
    KerayZ said:

How am i banning 4*'s from content? lol. You are so clearly desperate now. I feel bad for you. I really do. You had to reach THAT far? I mean that's pretty sad but I would love to hear how we are advocating banning 4*. I would much prefer just to leave your dungeon and cue up with someone else. No bans necessary. You can hopefully team up with that other dude using his 4*'s in random so he can save his good champs for friends lol. I bet you will both have a wonderful time together.

And we have YET to hear anything constructive! Other then poor Coathanger wont be able to get easy matches with his 4* anymore. Forget everyone else! Its all about HIS experience lol.

Help me out because to me you are saying 4* are not capable of content on par with act 6 so people should be able to deny their use in d7.
  • Options

Help me out because to me you are saying 4* are not capable of content on par with act 6 so people should be able to deny their use in d7.

@SiriusBreak ^ nuff said. So off point and such a troll.

• Options
    KerayZ said:

I'm sorry, but your logic is that people are only constructive if they agree with you and offer solutions to your own personal issue? That's not how a discussion works.

No I made a thread. It has a specific topic. Griefing in the random dungeon finder is the topic. Confirmed true. It exists. Ok. We now need to try to find a solution.

Your answer is to ignore the random dungeon finder and the topic. No wait you had a solution. No wait. It's not a problem anymore. No. Maybe it is. Wait.. not sure. I'm still here though guys.

Thanks for your contributions? I mean that is literally what you did this entire thread and i call that trolling. People aren't blind and more then one person is pointing it out. This where you plead victim for your own actions too?

No. That's not even close to what I've been doing. Your view is that "griefing" is a problem with the design. I disagree. I say that's a byproduct of Matching with random strangers. I do not agree with your suggestion to be able to pick and choose people in the Dungeon through Matchmaking for a number of reasons which I've outlined. I also offered a simple suggestion of not losing Recharges if the first Room isn't completed, so as to save the Recharge. What I didn't suggest is implementing a way to reject whatever partners you get paired with. If you want to control who you run with, enter with Friends.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Dshu said:

Mlee1829 said:

Many if not most people capable of d7 room 4-5 with r4s are capable of slightly less with 5/50s. The nodes are the main challenge and it doesn’t matter who you are using if you do not know the nodes. Which is also part of why I run 4*, If I’m matching with strangers I account for the common denominator and plan accordingly, that denominator being people are capable of room 3-4 no matter who they bring and it is rare to find someone capable of greater than that. This means the play is to bring champions you are capable of clearing to that point with while reserving champions you can go further than that with for other occasions. Also people are less willing to push room 5 and risk the entire run when you’re packing 4*

I’ve shown in previous posts that judging capability by rank/rarity alone yields no different results when it’s simply just a bad match.

Yes I was and still am against the act 6 4* ban. That has nothing to do with not wanting to pair with someone using 4*s in dungeon 7. Using 4*s in act 6 is a players choice and in that discussion I said the gate prevents people from gaining the use of the synergies we want and as of act 6.2 need to limit item use in content (ie mr sinister boss). In dungeons you are not just affecting yourself your choice affects your partner. I never said they shouldn't be allowed to be used but people should be able to choose whether to risk the 4 day cooldown of their champs not knowing the skills of the person they were matched with. You said yourself that you use these teams because they have lower cooldowns and you save your best teams for your friends. If you really think everyone is skilled enough to run d7 with 4*s then why not use your top teams? If I'm randomly matching with someone I want to have the sustainability in a team to push as far as they want or need to. People can still use whatever champs they want they may just have to que up a few times before they find someone to partner with the same as I would if I chose not to partner with them. Again I haven't changed my stance on act 6 and feel free to check I'm cavalier and still find the gate a bs money grab to sell crystals but dont try twist my feelings on the gate to make your argument valid
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    edited July 2019
    For what it’s worth, imo the matchmaking system is in need of improvement and it should be as simple as being able to accept your partner and/or change your team.

I’d have no issue going into dungeon 7 with a random player whose team is made up of 4* 5/50 if I could see their profile, alliance rating, titles etc and had confidence they are a competent player. Unless you get a really bad run of nodes,, decent players can clear room 3 with 4* 5/50s.

Going into dungeon 7 and getting paired with someone who is clueless and has a substandard team isn’t an enjoyable experience, particularly if some of your best champs are going to be wasted.
    I might still go into the dungeon with said random but having the option to swap my team once I’d seen their champs would be a significant improvement.
  • Options
    Starting in the lobby for a random partner match would make dungeons much better. I often have to rely on random matchups to get my dungeon points and they are often horrible.

Please do this kabam!
  • Options
    SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited July 2019
    It's nice that a few can be constructive and not arrogant. If you can't be bothered to debate calmly, you're aiming for an arguement. I'm not here to do that. Many have offered a simple, and elegant solution that would fix this problem. Allow players to converse and see eachother before entering. Would lessen the burden it places on players who don't have reliable Dungeon partners. Heck, might even help them find one. I'm done with this. Do not tag me again about this. I've said my piece and I have no interest in arguing a point. You disagree, fine. That's your right. I tried to keep it about the subject and attempted to move it forward. A few did. A few didn't. Is what it is.
  • Options
    Arrowink66Arrowink66 Posts: 6
    I’ve seen this issue and agree that a fix is preferable to improve the mode vs doing nothing and seeing less and less people play it. Arguing to get over it do nothing is not the way to make the best product, to keep and gain customers. Be realistic that nothing is perfect but things can be improved on over time to make it the best it can be, for everyone.
  • Options
    ChopstickWarriorChopstickWarrior Posts: 14

Pulyaman said:

@GroundedWisdom Considering I see you want no change in any of the current formats, I don't understand the need to respond at all.Instead of saying "it is what it is, deal with it", just hit the disagree button and move on.

This is a conversation. People express views in it. The Disagree Button is not a way to avoid actual conversations, which have always been the goal of the Forum. Using our words has always and will always be encouraged in a constructive fashion.
    I get that it's frustrating, but we can't control it. There are Players of all different ranges and experience playing, and there's no getting around being Matched with people who don't play the same as us when using a Feature that gives random Matches. I really do understand. I hate when people ignore Nodes requested. I have a choice. I can either run it anyway, or leave. As annoying as it is, no one is perfect. The only way to prevent it is to add people that play on our level and play with them. One of the largest goals has always been connecting people in a game mode designed to connect new people. That comes with the good and the bad.
    You actually have no clue what matchmaking is do you? I'ts not about getting matched randomly and getting matched with someone with a team of lesser PI etc. In every other game where there is matchmaking it is to find ppl who matches with your roster and skill. As example look at LOL. I'm in platinum and whenever i search for a match i would NEVER but NEVER match with a bronze, silver or low lvl gold player. Not only is there rank but also mmr so if i match up with a gold player its because he has around the same mmr as me and we should be decently equal. I do however understand that in MCOC skill is hard to measure and to use in matchmaking BUT you are telling me it's fine to que up for D7 with a PI roster of 30k and match up with someone with 15k roster. This is not how matchmaking should work. If this post was about someone with the same pi etc dieing in room 1 then yes your point is valid that's uncontrollable because there is no measurement mechanic in skill in this game but the PI of 3 champs is not random and is full controlable, because this is a system a lot of other games implement in their matchmaking and with their i mean this mechanic is something that should always be in any type of matchmaking.
    Ofcoures you can give your opinion but like others have already said you can't say "oh yeah its prety bad but that's how it is and how it should be because of these random factors of LIFE". jjeeezus get a grip son, if something is bad and it looks like there are possibilities to fix it or improve it for the players then you should support it unless it has a very bad negative impact or is unethical.
    Atm it looks like you are like an EA representitive explaining these SURPRISE MECHANICS are ethical and they are how they should be.
    As last enjoy your Kinder Egg i hope you get a good toy.
  • Options

It's not about getting matched randomly and getting matched with someone with a team of lesser PI etc.

I agree. Doesn't seem worth debating with them though since their intentions are clear as you progress through this thread. Hoping we can get an easy resolution.