**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 24.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, Galaxy S6)
Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Google Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 24.0 version of the game.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• RobaliRobali Posts: 4
    Having issues with constant freezing. Only happens mid fight, and only for a couple seconds, but its 4 or 5x a day now.
    Samsung s8 on wifi with full strength. All other apps closed, background data off, everything updated, on AT&T network.
    I do have video of this, but can't upload it here apparently.
  • pooldead1725pooldead1725 Posts: 55
    In-Game Name: pooldead1725.
    Device and Model: Samsung J5 2016
    Device Operating System: Android 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Data and WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 24.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue:
    after the update the phone overheats after 30 or 40 minutes of play, at this point the speed of the fights is as if it were in slow motion, I have a video of this but I can not upload it here. The problem is more frequent when facing or using characters of size XL but with characters of other sizes the problem is equal. There is also a problem of excessive battery usage due to this problem.

There are times when the ia of these characters to punish the rival immediately makes me parry
    SP1 yondu
    SP1 emma

Ebony maw duped, during the fight comes a point where all the blows against him have miss and for the rest of the fight I can not hit a single blow
  • Himanshu691Himanshu691 Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: himanshu691
    Device and Model: Moto e4 plus q417
    Device Operating System: Android 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Data
    Description of the Issue:
    While facing champions like m. sinister and namour while hitting there blocks mobile gets a lagging problem for a second and always make to loose my combo and more over the whole fight please solve the problem
    This only happens when facing only m. Sinister and namour and some other champions.thank you.

Quote · Insightful Disagree Agree Like Awesome LOL
    Leave a Comment
    Type your comment
    You can use Simple HTML in your post.
  • stark980stark980 Posts: 6
    In-Game Name: Leoncio1080
    Device and Model: Motorola Moto G6 32Gb
    Device Operating System: Android 9 pie
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 24.0 version
    Description of the Issue: Game crash every 10 -20 minutes when I try to open crystals, or when I want to play in any event, I'm not experiencing lag, however it crashes all the time.Many times the power bars and life bars disappear, after that the game crash.
    this makes me lose many fights and resources, also when it crashes when I'm opening crystals.
  • phippskiphippski Posts: 5
    In-Game Name: phippski
    Device and Model: Huawei Mate 20 pro
    Device Operating System: Android 9.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: Monthly EQ master difficulty
    Description of the Issue: tried to fight Domino using Domino and the game crashes / force closes as they are about to come together. Tried several times and happened every time. Then tried with Red Hulk and game carried on as normal.
  • Lulas92Lulas92 Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Lulas92
    Device and Model: IPhone XS Max
    Device Operating System: IOS
    Cellular or WiFi: T-Mobile
    Game play mode: Variant 2 chapter 3
    Description of the Issue: tried to fight Domino using Domino and the game crashes / force closes as they are about to come together. Tried several times and happened every time. Then tried with Hyperion and game carried on as normal. I Use domino to fight other champions and game works fine. Just when Domino Vs. Domino game crashes
  • Fozi3Fozi3 Posts: 1
    Имя в игре: FoZi4
    Устройство и модель: Xiaomi redmi 4x
    Устройство Операционная система: Android 7.1.2
    Сотовая связь или WiFi: coтовая 4G
    версии игры Установлено: 24.0 версия
    Режим игры: сюжетные квесты, квесты на события, арена, квесты альянса.
    Описание проблемы: У меня в магазине, во вкладке сувениры нет разрешения для классовой поездки мастер. Что мне делать?
  • Owenea30Owenea30 Posts: 21
    edited July 2019
    Nom dans le jeu:owenea30
    Appareil:Huawei p20 lite
    Modèle:ANE-LX1
    Bug sur Wi-Fi et donnés mobile
    Version:24.0.0
    Tout mode de jeu
    Description: lorsque je combat contre certains personnage qui on des effets spéciaux sur eux comme mysterio ou les blocages de mister sinister namor et même modock mon jeu rame énormement et lague il ralentis au point que ce soit injouable.
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    edited July 2019
    Name: MøstWantëd
    Device: Huawei p20 lite
    Game version: 24.0.0
    Connection: wi-fi or data
    Operating system: android 8.0.0 Oreo
    Bug-lag frequency: always
    I can't play mcoc. Very often the game is slower than usual and against champions who develop a big amount of graphic effects (like sinister, dormammu, void, mysterio, namor, hood, ghost rider, Morningstar... Etc)
    AND if I don't face them (or if I don't use these champions) the game runs lagging and not smoothly as it should be. The previous version was bad, but not like this one. I really can't play in any aspect of the game, I'm in a platinum ally and the difficulty is high, I can't lose war, aq and event because of LAG. ah, I noticed something these last 3 days:
    1) Ghost phasing intercept is no longer reliable: these lags make her attack with a delay (that the opponent immediately can remedy, blocking or dashing backward)

2) wasp can't concatenate heavy in mid-combo(the enemy doesn't get passive-stunned)... Because it's like that wasp charged heavy too late and it's not a concatenation. Appended almost always. As soon as I can, I will send you a video
  • Billie90Billie90 Posts: 17
    In-Game Name: billie90
    Device and Model: Samsung J6+ 2018
    Device Operating System: Android Pie 9
    Game Mode: all
    Description of the Issue: exactly as what @MostWanted described. Fights are affected by extreme lag and don't run smoothly at all, as a result very often you lose your combo and lose the fights. For example parrying is basically impossible because of this lag issue and many special attacks are easily blocked while before this never happened. The game is absolutely unplayable.
  • YvshYvsh Posts: 1
    In game name: Yvsh_9
    Device and model: Xiaomi redmi note 4
    Operating system: android 7.0
    Cellular or wifi: wifi
    Game version: 24.0.0
    Game mode: war
    Description of issue: on node 45 of alliance war, its described as reversed controls. I don't think they were reversed and because of that I lost my magik to it because I tried to fight with reversed controls and then when I fought my next fight with my quake, the controls weren't reversed again, but I won because I fought normally.
  • ForwardForward Posts: 115 ★★
    Just after this last update on android (s10+) my game has been locking up when exiting a fight. I've noticed it happens a lot when you quit a fight during a S3 animation or at times after dying. Never had this issue before.

Anyone else notice the same?
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    edited July 2019
    https://streamable.com/qqunt
    Here is my fight with wasp... I almost never hit her with heavy: in this video I did once, maybe because I only landed a medium hit? I don't know, however the next time I charged after the medium and I took her sp2
    @Kabam Miike
  • ÉpicoÉpico Posts: 93
    In-Game Name: Epico!
    Device and Model: one plus 6
    Device Operating System: Android 9
    Description of the Issue: exactly as what @MostWanted described. Fights are affected by extreme lag and don't run smoothly at all, as a result very often you lose your combo and lose the fights. For example parrying is basically impossible because of this lag issue and many special attacks are easily blocked while before this never happened. The game is absolutely unplayable.
  • Aakif91Aakif91 Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Blaze 05
    Device and Model: Huawei Mate 10
    Description of the Issue: exactly as what @MostWanted described, from past
    few months AQ and Aw is unplayable, parry and dexterity don't perform properly, simple quest it's not an issue but boss fights for UC event quest is pathetic, forget performing intercepting, on performing dexterity all it does is keep block on, eventually you lose interest, reset my phone, deleted all data, still this problem persist
  • Sephirothian_23Sephirothian_23 Posts: 5
    edited July 2019
    I’m currently going through uncollected for this month and I’m trying to fight 6 star domino and when I chose Domino to fight Domino now I continue to get kicked from the match cutting my characters health in half it’s burning up my heal and energy because I cannot complete this fight any other fight I’m fine. This one path is screwing my items. I’m on an iPhone 7 & 8 plus both phones won’t allow me to fight.
  • ÉpicoÉpico Posts: 93
    Épico said:

In-Game Name: Epico!
    Device and Model: one plus 6

I actually think your European servers don't stand the Holliday's traffic cause last time it was like this it was Christmas.
    It's going to be 2 months of very bad game quality you propose to your clients if you don't improve those servers
  • Biggpoppa187Biggpoppa187 Posts: 7
    Bigpoppa187
    Lg G6
    Game mode hard modes and master
    enemies dash back with greater distance as if they have dexterity. I've noticed frequently that my champs are being completely avoided then countered. I know that this is regular gameplay, yet I can play hours of arena and never have this happen. If I attack with a combo the first hit is dashback dodged then I am usually able to block or continue with my attack. In the more advanced gamemodes I get hit. I have even been heavied by non unblockable champs. My one hit dash basked back then hit me.
  • Mattdavis1024Mattdavis1024 Posts: 3
    Hi I am reporting a bug I have found since the most recent update. In back to back alliance wars now whenever my 5* duped rank 4 domino fights another domino my game crashes and the app restarts at the start of the fight. It is not an issue on my end. It has now happened in 2 aw in 4 fights. I go back in with corvus and am completely fine. Domino is a main counter to a duped domino. I am also the main boss killer for my bg. This bug has cost me resources and atleast one aw loss and possibly this one too. Please look into this issue tag is deltasky1024. Thanks
  • GladiatorGL07GladiatorGL07 Posts: 12
    I have Nokia 6.1plus
    Android 9.0
    Middle fight or open war game gonna freeze
    Some time don't work Perry
    My uncollected don't show on profile
    And why all time ask network problems
  • KokoshaKokosha Posts: 1
    Мой логин в игре Kokosha
    Honor 8 Lite
    Android 8.0
    Игровой режим Задания события Фантасмагория Глава 1 Волшебный фонарь, Кропленая карта.
    Описание проблемы : проходя по верхней ветке, не могу дойти до Сорвиголовы. За одну точку останавливаюсь и дальше не могу пройти.
  • OrckickerOrckicker Posts: 1

In-Game Name: OrcKicker
    Device and Model: Galaxy S9+
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0 Oreo
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? It happens on both Cellular and WiFi.
    Game Version Installed: Version 24 installed.
    Game Mode: This happened in both the arena and event quest.
    Description of the Issue: When I use the quit fight button, the game goes to the loading screen, and then it just sits there not doing anything. I have to force the game closed and reload it to make any kind of progress. Happens any time I pause a fight and use the Quit Fight button.

• Ægon_ĞĦØÆgon_ĞĦØ Posts: 12
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F)
    Device Operating System: android 6.0.1 marshmallow
    Game Version Installed: Version 24 installed.
    Problem the game: Hello! Dear kabam developers, I have faced a problem after your last update! there are glitches with the font, cache cleaning, reinstallation did not help! and glitches with loading images! from-for what crashes! for all the time of the game, since 2016, with such a bug I have not encountered! after this glitch, the game begins to slow down! before the update, nothing happened, I can even say that I did not face this problem. Hopefully you will find time to post this and in the next update you will fix this issue, I will be very grateful! I myself is unprofitable to remove the game, because I play 3 years, I can not remove the game. please fix it! thanks in advance!
    ----------

-----------
  • Ægon_ĞĦØÆgon_ĞĦØ Posts: 12
    edited July 2019
  • Amir447Amir447 Posts: 314 ★★★
    I have zero faith this will be fixed, therefore I am going to quit playing this game it's unplayable right now and is no longer fun, and this issue has not been resolved for over a year...
  • mrclever8mrclever8 Posts: 12
    Game name: mrclever8
    Android version: 9.0
    Device: Samsung Galaxy j7v
    cellular and carrier Verizon
    Game version: 24.0
    Issue: game taking longer than it should to load and just overall lagging.
This discussion has been closed.