**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why are 4 stars not allowed in Act 6?

Comments

• ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★

@GroundedWisdom is absolutely right. He never said he LIKES the idea, but he hit on the nose. Ultimately, the reasoning behind separating players according to progression is MONEY. Idk why you guys disagree with him besides he never mentioned money, but what he does mention absolutely relates to $$$.

I'm so lost on what your even saying
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    @Zuro Translation: "Kabam wants you to lag behind other players so youre enticed to spend to catch up"

In other words, theyre creating "Bottlenecks"
    @Zuro Another side effect is making the game last longer by halting progression for some. This means more cash
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

@Zuro Another side effect is making the game last longer by halting progression for some. This means more cash

That’s not totally true. It can halt but it doesn’t correlate to money
    This is true. In fact, money is not necessary at all. The only thing spending does is potentially save time. There's no need to run out and spend like mad to get what you need. That's always an option when the money is avaiable and people choose to, but progress comes with time. It's permanent content and it's always going to be there when people pull what they need. There's literally no sense of urgency with it. Impatience perhaps.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

This is true. In fact, money is not necessary at all. The only thing spending does is potentially save time. There's no need to run out and spend like mad to get what you need. That's always an option when the money is avaiable and people choose to, but progress comes with time. It's permanent content and it's always going to be there when people pull what they need. There's literally no sense of urgency with it. Impatience perhaps.
    Sigh so choices are to either pay money or even if I am ready skill wise wait like 4 years possibly to pull the right Champion.

Sigh so choices are to either pay money or even if I am ready skill wise wait like 4 years possibly to pull the right Champion.
    I doubt it will take 4 years, possibly for some. You could just as easily pull what you need using Units from Grinding, or from regular Crystal pulls. Money is not an absolute option. To be more direct, yes. Thousands of people have to wait to get what they need in this game, all the time.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

I doubt it will take 4 years, possibly for some. You could just as easily pull what you need using Units from Grinding, or from regular Crystal pulls. Money is not an absolute option. To be more direct, yes. Thousands of people have to wait to get what they need in this game, all the time.
    Yeah people wait for God Teir champions but up until now it had never been necessary to wait it hinders progress and that is not a good thing.

Yeah people wait for God Teir champions but up until now it had never been necessary to wait it hinders progress and that is not a good thing.
    People wait all the time. Champs, Resources...they wait to get what they need to progress. That's definitely not a new concept. It's the next level of content and not everyone will have what they need as soon as it comes out. That's not a given. It's very much by design.

People wait all the time. Champs, Resources...they wait to get what they need to progress. That's definitely not a new concept. It's the next level of content and not everyone will have what they need as soon as it comes out. That's not a given. It's very much by design.
    Yes people waited in the past but it was their choice to do so but now kabam is forcing people to wait out content when it should be the players choice it should be optional to wait things out not mandatory
    @Zuro Another side effect is making the game last longer by halting progression for some. This would also net more money
    You know how sucky it is for players who are very skilled and ready for act 6 but can't do it because their roster legit can't do it due to the very limited counter especially the average f2p who opens like 2 5 stars a month
    And knowing RNG they might not even get these champs like I was lucky enough to have Heimdall for the sinister fight but there are people out there who are way more skillfully better than me but are behind me in progression just because they don't have a poison immune with fury

You guys know there’s arena right?
    People who need to do act 6 more than likely have a roster already for the arena milestones

What do milestones have to do with anything?
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I explained it in an earlier post. It's about the money. Act 6.2 more than proves this with the synergy specific team requirements or drain on resources to get past some of the chapter bosses ie sinister)
    Yes you can grind arenas and buy crystals or resources with units. That is always an option but kabam is wagering on players getting frustrated of waiting and spending real currency to progress. Their hope is more people will be willing to spend when they get frustrated than those who will walk away. I've never been a fan of the act 6 gate and I'm even less so with the release of 6.2. In a rng based game with the simplest way to obtain 5 and 6* champs being a crystal that offers a 60% chance of getting a champ you can't use. To have such champ and synergy specific fights as mr sinister in 6.2 in the game is wrong. Especially after kabam stated they wanted us to utilize more of our roster and then design content like act 6. The only reason to create this champ specific of content is to up spending in the Hope rng will shine on you
  • Swimmer15Swimmer15 Posts: 118
    Idk but im stuck at 6.2.2 and it sucks. If I could use my lower Heimdal i could prob move on. We’ll see how long before i get tired of not being able to progress in what turning into a game of slots.
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

You guys know there’s arena right?
    People who need to do act 6 more than likely have a roster already for the arena milestones

What do milestones have to do with anything?
    They give out units and BC which more than likely go to the crystals to get champs...the same crystals whalers buy
    And yet again that involves rng which is stupid Rng shouldn't justify hoe far our progression goes
    How*
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    Seriously how many people have the skill to tackle act 6 with a team made up of entirely 4*, I’m guessing a tiny percentage.
    Certain people’s arguments about game balance/ progression makes no sense on the basis rank 1, 2 and 3 5* are allowed.
    I’m 100% act 5 and Cavalier with a reasonable roster, unfortunately I still haven’t pulled 5* Ghost Rider... denying me the opportunity to bring my 4* GR for synergy with my 5* r5 blade does nothing for game balance, it simply increases the amount of units/ potions I’ll use.
    Thecurler said:

Seriously how many people have the skill to tackle act 6 with a team made up of entirely 4*, I’m guessing a tiny percentage.
    Certain people’s arguments about game balance/ progression makes no sense on the basis rank 1, 2 and 3 5* are allowed.
    I’m 100% act 5 and Cavalier with a reasonable roster, unfortunately I still haven’t pulled 5* Ghost Rider... denying me the opportunity to bring my 4* GR for synergy with my 5* r5 blade does nothing for game balance, it simply increases the amount of units/ potions I’ll use.

How come when you think about 4 stars in act 6 you automatically think them actually how about synergies and plus I'm pretty sure 4 stars can take on some of these bosses anyways
    Zuro said:

Thecurler said:

How come when you think about 4 stars in act 6 you automatically think them actually how about synergies and plus I'm pretty sure 4 stars can take on some of these bosses anyways
    That's the point. The purpose of a progress gate is to separate Players based on progress. In this case, the progress is Roster depth. People aren't supposed to bring a bunch of 4*s and get through it because that would mean the majority who are through the Uncollected gate would do it. That's not the intended outcome.
    Thecurler said:

Not even about (“team made up of 4*) its about having specific counters for single issues that are literally down to three champs.. either Hyp or need Heimdal.. i can literally one shot the entire path with my void but cant do anything vs the boss.

l

• ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    Swimmer15 said:

Thecurler said:

Not even about (“team made up of 4*) its about having specific counters for single issues that are literally down to three champs.. either Hyp or need Heimdal.. i can literally one shot the entire path with my void but cant do anything vs the boss.

l

I think you’re missing my point a little and we’re actually in agreement.

The overall point I was trying to make is the 4* gate punishes people whose rosters are developed but haven’t been fortunate enough to pull very specific champs.

Act6 is likely still doable for a lot of those people (not everyone) but it’s gonna cost more.

Zuro said:

Thecurler said:

That's the point. The purpose of a progress gate is to separate Players based on progress. In this case, the progress is Roster depth. People aren't supposed to bring a bunch of 4*s and get through it because that would mean the majority who are through the Uncollected gate would do it. That's not the intended outcome.
    This game is about progression not how youre supposed progress players should be able to progress in any way and with any champs in theor roster and by doing so it's not even hurting anybody
    edited July 2019
    Thecurler said:

Swimmer15 said:

Thecurler said:

l

I think you’re missing my point a little and we’re actually in agreement.

The overall point I was trying to make is the 4* gate punishes people whose rosters are developed but haven’t been fortunate enough to pull very specific champs.

Act6 is likely still doable for a lot of those people (not everyone) but it’s gonna cost more.
    Theres some that are doable like CB and sent for some (i had no issue with him), i didnt have a counter so used a bunch of revives to take down CB with Sparky.. thats not an option with sinister.
This discussion has been closed.