**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Amazon Fire Tablets?

StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
Anyone play MCOC on an amazon fire tablet? How is performance? Does it crash and if so how often? I'm asking because i'm fed up with all the crashing on my Samsung tablet and I'm hoping moving to the fire tablet will take care of these crashes.

Comments

• MercLieutenantMercLieutenant Posts: 27
    Bro buy the new ipad mini 5. The cheapest ios device out there and runs super fast on MCOC.
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    Buy a OnePlus phone or Nubia Red magic 3
    This phones are best if you want an ios then go for it
  • Blue_Eyed_ThingBlue_Eyed_Thing Posts: 128
    Starhawk said:

Anyone play MCOC on an amazon fire tablet? How is performance? Does it crash and if so how often? I'm asking because i'm fed up with all the crashing on my Samsung tablet and I'm hoping moving to the fire tablet will take care of these crashes.

I have done it... hang on it is a bumpy ride. The main problem you might think is downloading google play, which is actually not that bad, the problem is updating which is what I will go into. I had one of the newer ones so no need to root the device, you do need to go into security and enable the ability to install apps from unknown sources. You then need to find the .apk of the google play, not that hard. however, the fun is just beginning.

It seemed to run pretty well no lags just every now and then both champs looked like they were moving through melted butter, exit out clear recent screens and boot back up and it was fixed. I think it had something to do with temporary memory but no hard facts so don't quote me. This is where it gets odd, google notifications started to pop up from the google play app some nonsense about needing me to complete sign in on a verified device to update, so I signed in with a dummy email to shut it up (it did not) and continued to sign into the game with my kabam account. When it came time to download the updated kabam app I went to do so, however, it was not there. After some checking, surprise surprise google does not cover tech support on a kindle I figured out I needed to download the updated play store apk which I did went through all of the sign-in again and redownloaded the game, and then it worked normally.

A couple of days after this I went to read a book on my kindle it's main purpose in life, and could not accesses any of my books. It turns out that the google app download somehow had corrupted my 128 gig card(san disk ultra #6406dreny03n). Now it may have just been bad luck but I was ticked. So I reformatted it and went at it again reinstalled everything and a couple of weeks later it did it again, I was really ticked the weird thing was even though it said my card was corrupted(the game was being stored on card) the game and google play worked fine, but the amazon apps and kindle/audible memory did not work. So I contacted Amazon and they told me to go take a hike because I had installed apps other than suggested it was on me to figure out. Which to be honest is fair.

So the next step was to call in the big guns I went to my local computer shop(doubles as a vape shop) and told him to fix it. I don't know what he did but when I got it back the card was corrupted(i was now super-duper plus-sized ticked) and neither the kindle storage would work or the game. So I then restored it to factory settings reformatted the card again and then went and purchased an additional fire tablet, which the game runs on fine but the amazon stuff does not work. it worked for me for a couple of months until l wiped it and then gave it as a gift to a friend to give to their kid. Who as far as I know it is serving well. If you want my advice don't do it, but then again it was a fun learning experience for me I guess go in with your eyes wide open bro.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★

Starhawk said:

I have done it... hang on it is a bumpy ride. The main problem you might think is downloading google play, which is actually not that bad, the problem is updating which is what I will go into. I had one of the newer ones so no need to root the device, you do need to go into security and enable the ability to install apps from unknown sources. You then need to find the .apk of the google play, not that hard. however, the fun is just beginning.

It seemed to run pretty well no lags just every now and then both champs looked like they were moving through melted butter, exit out clear recent screens and boot back up and it was fixed. I think it had something to do with temporary memory but no hard facts so don't quote me. This is where it gets odd, google notifications started to pop up from the google play app some nonsense about needing me to complete sign in on a verified device to update, so I signed in with a dummy email to shut it up (it did not) and continued to sign into the game with my kabam account. When it came time to download the updated kabam app I went to do so, however, it was not there. After some checking, surprise surprise google does not cover tech support on a kindle I figured out I needed to download the updated play store apk which I did went through all of the sign-in again and redownloaded the game, and then it worked normally.

A couple of days after this I went to read a book on my kindle it's main purpose in life, and could not accesses any of my books. It turns out that the google app download somehow had corrupted my 128 gig card(san disk ultra #6406dreny03n). Now it may have just been bad luck but I was ticked. So I reformatted it and went at it again reinstalled everything and a couple of weeks later it did it again, I was really ticked the weird thing was even though it said my card was corrupted(the game was being stored on card) the game and google play worked fine, but the amazon apps and kindle/audible memory did not work. So I contacted Amazon and they told me to go take a hike because I had installed apps other than suggested it was on me to figure out. Which to be honest is fair.

So the next step was to call in the big guns I went to my local computer shop(doubles as a vape shop) and told him to fix it. I don't know what he did but when I got it back the card was corrupted(i was now super-duper plus-sized ticked) and neither the kindle storage would work or the game. So I then restored it to factory settings reformatted the card again and then went and purchased an additional fire tablet, which the game runs on fine but the amazon stuff does not work. it worked for me for a couple of months until l wiped it and then gave it as a gift to a friend to give to their kid. Who as far as I know it is serving well. If you want my advice don't do it, but then again it was a fun learning experience for me I guess go in with your eyes wide open bro.
    thanks im not too concerned with the technical aspect its more how often does it crash kind of thing because my samsung tablet crashes every 15-20 minutes which is getting really annoying. I have to admit i never thought about the fact that MCOC requires google play and isn't available on the amazon app store. i thought of the amazon fire tablet because of its cost. may have to rethink that unless it goes on sale for a price i cant refuse on prime day.

Thanks to everyone else who replied as well ;)
  • VatrisVatris Posts: 247 ★★
    Starhawk said:

Starhawk said:

thanks im not too concerned with the technical aspect its more how often does it crash kind of thing because my samsung tablet crashes every 15-20 minutes which is getting really annoying. I have to admit i never thought about the fact that MCOC requires google play and isn't available on the amazon app store. i thought of the amazon fire tablet because of its cost. may have to rethink that unless it goes on sale for a price i cant refuse on prime day.

Get a samsung phone bruv
    Vatris said:

Starhawk said:

Starhawk said:

Get a samsung phone bruv
    i do. this is for my f2p account. i had to delete my f2p account from my main phone because it would mess up my ability to purchase with my main account. this is why i dont want to spend too much on something for my f2p account.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    FYI just a reminder, playing on a rooted device has 100% been confirmed to trigger bans.

FYI just a reminder, playing on a rooted device has 100% been confirmed to trigger bans.

i dont think anyone mentioned using a rooted device. installing google play on a fire tablet isn't rooting. its sideloading an app.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    edited July 2019
    No matter what. iOS is what gives you the best of the best in a long run for mcoc. I own an iPad mini 4 back 3-4 years and it still works wonder! Never lags or whatsoever! I’m even able to livestream my mcoc gameplay to YouTube with no problem. Just the connection error issue but that’s on kabam’s side as everything at my side is running 100% correctly and good connection.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Have a look at the updated Device List. Some Samsung Tablets are no longer supported. I played on one such device for over a year. Maybe two. Drove me mad. Whatever you choose, make sure it has Android 8.0, or Pie would be best. Have at least 2 or 3G RAM or higher. The requirements for the game have grown.
    roberto94 said:

No matter what. iOS is what gives you the best of the best in a long run for mcoc. I own an iPad mini 4 back 3-4 years and it still works wonder! Never lags or whatsoever! I’m even able to livestream my mcoc gameplay to YouTube with no problem. Just the connection error issue but that’s on kabam’s side as everything at my side is running 100% correctly and good connection.

i had one of the original ipads (1st gen). Apple stopped supporting it right after making an update that resulted in my apps randomly crashing. that is not something i will ever get myself into. I'm Android all the way because of that and i can just do a lot more with android devices than i ever could with an apple device. I use an iphone for my on call phone at work and i hate it.

Have a look at the updated Device List. Some Samsung Tablets are no longer supported. I played on one such device for over a year. Maybe two. Drove me mad. Whatever you choose, make sure it has Android 8.0, or Pie would be best. Have at least 2 or 3G RAM or higher. The requirements for the game have grown.

thanks i started to get curious about the amazon fire tablets because of prime day tomorrow so i would be able to get one on sale.