**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why are 4 stars not allowed in Act 6?

123457»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

There's also increased chances once you become Cavalier.

You can only get a large amount of Cavalier Crystals through cash. You just keep digging a bigger hole for yourself huh?
    You need a large amount? You can't buy some now and then with extra Units from the Arena, as you amass Champs through normal game play?
    Dude are you serious? Cavalier Crystals have awful value in terms of units. Honestly, it’s like PHC Level bad. You do realize how long it takes to gain 300 units via grinding right? You are better off waiting for a decent offer to come around. Grasping at straws at this point...
    I'm not grasping at straws. Do I know how long it takes to Grind 300 Units? I make about 1000 a week on average. Tell me, how do they have an awful value in terms of Units, and yet you suggest buying a load of them? I said if someone wanted to try and increase their chances of pulling Champs they could use, it was an option. Evidently not a bad one, given the many results people have shared from them. Will every pull be a 6*? No. You can still take a chance now and then if you want, on top of what you're already earning. The idea is to increase the chances. Seems to me like you're arguing against the game in general. Spending is not reasonable. Waiting on RNG is not reasonable. Using Units from Grinding is not reasonable. If you're turning your nose up at solutions, it leaves very little grounds to complain.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,716 ★★★★★
    First off Waiting on rng is not reasonable and grinding for units for crystals may be reasonable but the units come at such a slow pace so it really isn't that effective
    edited July 2019

You can only get a large amount of Cavalier Crystals through cash. You just keep digging a bigger hole for yourself huh?
    You need a large amount? You can't buy some now and then with extra Units from the Arena, as you amass Champs through normal game play?
    Dude are you serious? Cavalier Crystals have awful value in terms of units. Honestly, it’s like PHC Level bad. You do realize how long it takes to gain 300 units via grinding right? You are better off waiting for a decent offer to come around. Grasping at straws at this point...
    I'm not grasping at straws. Do I know how long it takes to Grind 300 Units? I make about 1000 a week on average. Tell me, how do they have an awful value in terms of Units, and yet you suggest buying a load of them? I said if someone wanted to try and increase their chances of pulling Champs they could use, it was an option. Evidently not a bad one, given the many results people have shared from them. Will every pull be a 6*? No. You can still take a chance now and then if you want, on top of what you're already earning. The idea is to increase the chances. Seems to me like you're arguing against the game in general. Spending is not reasonable. Waiting on RNG is not reasonable. Using Units from Grinding is not reasonable. If you're turning your nose up at solutions, it leaves very little grounds to complain.
    You make 1,000 units a week??? Ok... let’s do the math, since obviously you need help with this. Heck, I’ll just round it off 1,200 to make it easier. That’s 4 CRYSTALS PER WEEK. Odds are, you are pulling 4 3*’s a week. My gosh, you have got to be trolling if you are actually saying this is a good value.
    And no, I’m not arguing against the game. I don’t however, want my access to content to be RNG based or cash based. So, what other options are there? ALLOW 4-STARS! Gaining 4*’s is not RNG dependent like 5*’s & 6*’s because of the 4-Star Basic Arena, & because 4-Star Shards are everywhere. Content is much more difficult with 4*’s, but I prefer difficulty over RNG, because it’s skill based, not luck or cash based.
    So what do you expect with the Crystals? You're going to buy a load of them and get everything you need for Act 6 in one opening? We're talking about doing what you can without spending. That's the point of my suggestion. This is the fundamental problem with how people are reacting. They don't have any patience to wait. That's why they think the only option is to spend, and that's the ulterior motive with the progress gates. People don't want to wait fot what they need. They want to do it right away. More than that, they expect it and consider it poor design if they don't already have everything they need in their Roster.
    The example was to give a way someone can increase their chances, on top of what they're getting from playing the game, without spending.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,716 ★★★★★

You make 1,000 units a week??? Ok... let’s do the math, since obviously you need help with this. Heck, I’ll just round it off 1,200 to make it easier. That’s 4 CRYSTALS PER WEEK. Odds are, you are pulling 4 3*’s a week. My gosh, you have got to be trolling if you are actually saying this is a good value.
    And no, I’m not arguing against the game. I don’t however, want my access to content to be RNG based or cash based. So, what other options are there? ALLOW 4-STARS! Gaining 4*’s is not RNG dependent like 5*’s & 6*’s because of the 4-Star Basic Arena, & because 4-Star Shards are everywhere. Content is much more difficult with 4*’s, but I prefer difficulty over RNG, because it’s skill based, not luck or cash based.
    So what do you expect with the Crystals? You're going to buy a load of them and get everything you need for Act 6 in one opening? We're talking about doing what you can without spending. That's the point of my suggestion. This is the fundamental problem with how people are reacting. They don't have any patience to wait. That's why they think the only option is to spend, and that's the ulterior motive with the progress gates. People don't want to wait fot what they need. They want to do it right away. More than that, they expect it and consider it poor design if they don't already have everything they need in their Roster.
    The example was to give a way someone can increase their chances, on top of what they're getting from playing the game, without spending.
    No one should have to wait if they are skillfully ready for act 6 but they are because of these roster road blocks
    If they don't have what's required then they have to wait. All the skill in the world won't make a difference if you don't have the right Champs.
    As for should or shouldn't, those are the requirements they've set, so it's apparent they should. No matter how you look at it, they don't want mid-level Rosters getting through the gates.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

That’s literally why everyone wants 4*’s in Act 6. Because while using 4*’s increase the difficulty by quite a bit, it’s not RNG or cash dependent, only skill dependent.
    Heck, look at Labyrinth of Legends. Historically, its one of the toughest content ever. But even then, if you cannot pull a good option for Labyrinth, you could use a 4*... like Star-Lord, Ægon & even Rocket in the early days.

Using 4-stars make endgame content much harder, but at the same time, still possible through insane skills. Gates take away the skill factor & make it Luck or Cash based.

No one wants 4* allowed to actually fight with. It's people that have a small set of God tier 5/6*s but don't have the synergies in the appropriate rarity that are bent out of shape. As unpopular as it is, that's why I like these gates. You more than likely can't get lucky a small few times and immediately catch up to someone that's been playing since day one
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

That’s literally why everyone wants 4*’s in Act 6. Because while using 4*’s increase the difficulty by quite a bit, it’s not RNG or cash dependent, only skill dependent.
    Heck, look at Labyrinth of Legends. Historically, its one of the toughest content ever. But even then, if you cannot pull a good option for Labyrinth, you could use a 4*... like Star-Lord, Ægon & even Rocket in the early days.

Using 4-stars make endgame content much harder, but at the same time, still possible through insane skills. Gates take away the skill factor & make it Luck or Cash based.

No one wants 4* allowed to actually fight with. It's people that have a small set of God tier 5/6*s but don't have the synergies in the appropriate rarity that are bent out of shape. As unpopular as it is, that's why I like these gates. You more than likely can't get lucky a small few times and immediately catch up to someone that's been playing since day one
    The flip side is that I could have every single champ as a 5* and 6*, barring the 2 or 3 that I need for one specific fight. And for that reason alone I am effectively locked out of clearing that content, or be required to spend an inordinately larger amount just to clear it?

It is an extremely blunt tool to gauge progression in the game, and seems far more designed to reward RNG. The concept of the gate is perhaps fine if the content was just plain hard across the board, instead of requiring highly specific match ups.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

The flip side is that I could have every single champ as a 5* and 6*, barring the 2 or 3 that I need for one specific fight. And for that reason alone I am effectively locked out of clearing that content, or be required to spend an inordinately larger amount just to clear it?

It is an extremely blunt tool to gauge progression in the game, and seems far more designed to reward RNG. The concept of the gate is perhaps fine if the content was just plain hard across the board, instead of requiring highly specific match ups.
    Which while unlikely, is possible admittedly. It's also why I don't agree with having a fight like sinister having so few options. If it was a fight on a path and not a boss that completely block completion I'd be fine with it, but having a boss, or at least a boss outside the final quest, with so few counters is cheap imo.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

Ultra8529 said:

Which while unlikely, is possible admittedly. It's also why I don't agree with having a fight like sinister having so few options. If it was a fight on a path and not a boss that completely block completion I'd be fine with it, but having a boss, or at least a boss outside the final quest, with so few counters is cheap imo.
    Fully agreed. It is the combination of the two that is what is killer and extremely bad design for 6.2 (and giving rise to the impression that it was designed to be a cash grab etc). Just all around unsatisfactory feeling if you are missing that one or two specific champs needed.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

I want 4* to fight with for utility my 5* don’t have such as a non buff reliant power control
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,909 ★★★★★

The official reason was that they didn't want people getting frustrated by trying to beat it with low champs.

And that is a complete lie. If it truly was so we wouldn't be frustrated it would have locked champs out by challenger rating, not star level. The fact that a r1 Groot is allowed in act 6 and a 5/50 Ghost isn't proves their lie.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    edited July 2019
    Ns
  • MabkaZuckMabkaZuck Posts: 80
    People who pay the money can play first period
This discussion has been closed.