**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cull Obsidian's Hits No Longer Pause Duration of Thanos's Favor Buffs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★

We are still looking into this and hope to have a resolution soon. Please keep this thread on topic in the meantime.

Really appreciate the update, thanks for popping in and letting us know it’s in the works.
  • TartarsaucedTartarsauced Posts: 6

We are still looking into this and hope to have a resolution soon. Please keep this thread on topic in the meantime.

Thank you for the update. Hope your team is able to resolve this and provide a hot-fix soon before next months patch.
  • Doc_HolidayDoc_Holiday Posts: 4
    @DalBot I use him regularly as well and I will disagree with you and @Demonzfyre as the true strike falls off... I have been evaded and autoblocked after having 5-10 charges.... it does effect true strike... which causes major issues in things like war and questing when you bring him to handle evading and autoblock ****.... as well as the AP and other buffs from each charge gained....
  • G2DKG2DK Posts: 243
    Any update on this yet? Taking an awful long time to get this sorted.
    Gkohler said:

Any update on this yet? Taking an awful long time to get this sorted.

They just replied yesterday that they are still looking into lol
    I want to R5 him for variant2. Should I hold off?
  • TartarsaucedTartarsauced Posts: 6
    edited July 2019
    Gkohler said:

Would definitely hold off. I already have him at r4 and sig 200, but I will say I amazingly got lucky and pulled Venom the duck a few weeks ago just after having pulled and ranked up Cull. Now I have to resort to ranking up VTD to r4 and use him for as much of variant 2 as possible before all my revives I farmed last month expire (of course I'm not actually doing this begrudgingly. I've seen how amazing a champ VTD is so I would have ranked him up regardless!).

Once they do fix him though I think you might actually do just fine keeping him at r4. I was able to cheese through a lot of nodes with him because he still does such insane damage at r4. It does help though bringing him up to a higher sig.
  • Nateish5Nateish5 Posts: 2
    Please fix Cull.
    At least respond and let us know what’s going on
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,973 ★★★★★
    Gkohler said:

He will get fixed. I'd R5 him and did after the 4th of July offers.

Gkohler said:

Yeah I think I might. An r4 is hard to ramp up in variant2 imo
    Gkohler said:

Gkohler said:

Yeah I think I might. An r4 is hard to ramp up in variant2 imo
    Agreed. I tried an R4 and because he takes so much block damage, he wasn't super sustainable. Even R5 for that aspect doesn't get much better but the higher power is much better.
  • ToybobToybob Posts: 7
    I’ve just pulled cull from a featured and was over the moon.

I then watched a prof Hoff video about this now relatively old issue with him that is unaddressed.

So for me like others here, the issue is, do I rank h8m. I have a full stash of t2a et al and don’t know if I should take the risk and invest in him.

If he gets fixed, I invest, I’m happy, if he’s permanently nerfed then my excitement was for nought and he sits dead in my roster.

I would love for this to be addressed for the next update.
    Toybob said:

I’ve just pulled cull from a featured and was over the moon.

I then watched a prof Hoff video about this now relatively old issue with him that is unaddressed.

So for me like others here, the issue is, do I rank h8m. I have a full stash of t2a et al and don’t know if I should take the risk and invest in him.

If he gets fixed, I invest, I’m happy, if he’s permanently nerfed then my excitement was for nought and he sits dead in my roster.

I would love for this to be addressed for the next update.

Its not a relatively old issue. Its only been 2 weeks and its also not unaddressed. There has been several mod comments in this thread stating they are still looking into the issue. And for the last time, they arent nerfing him.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

DalBot said:

What bothers me is people saying "oh just wait" or "it's not a big deal" when the fact is that anyone who has Cull at this point almost assuredly paid money to get him (or at the least had a massive stash of units). This is a game where time matters. If you gimp a champ that could be the difference between won or lost AWs. We have a quest this month where this champ that people paid for would sure be nice against the bosses that evade like crazy.

What we want is transparency. Being told "we're looking at it" and nothing else means nothing. It's like the dad on the coach saying "yeah honey I'm on it" when asked to do something. At this point we have no idea if they have any clue what the bug is, no clue in a timeframe, no clue on anything but I guess that's just good enough for some people? Many of us spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on something that doesn't work (and hundreds more to rank it up on July 4th), so no, "just sit and wait" isn't an acceptable response.

What if they don't have a clue what the bug is, they don't have a timeframe or anything additional to add yet..... what could they say other than "we are still looking into it" which they have already said to make the situation acceptable.

What you spent has no bearing on anything in this situation. It really doesn't. Look i get it, he's an awesome champ and I love using him. I would like him to work just as much as you do. But you spending hundreds of dollars to get him, doesn't mean anything in the case of there being a bug and the speed it gets fixed.

When there isn't any additional information to say, all we can do is wait for now. It's been 12 days, let them do their jobs.
    i think there should be compensation simply because of resources it could have cost you not being able to use him to his full potential this could mean extra items used in aw/aq or revives in questing

Kobster84 said:

DalBot said:

What bothers me is people saying "oh just wait" or "it's not a big deal" when the fact is that anyone who has Cull at this point almost assuredly paid money to get him (or at the least had a massive stash of units). This is a game where time matters. If you gimp a champ that could be the difference between won or lost AWs. We have a quest this month where this champ that people paid for would sure be nice against the bosses that evade like crazy.

What we want is transparency. Being told "we're looking at it" and nothing else means nothing. It's like the dad on the coach saying "yeah honey I'm on it" when asked to do something. At this point we have no idea if they have any clue what the bug is, no clue in a timeframe, no clue on anything but I guess that's just good enough for some people? Many of us spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on something that doesn't work (and hundreds more to rank it up on July 4th), so no, "just sit and wait" isn't an acceptable response.

What if they don't have a clue what the bug is, they don't have a timeframe or anything additional to add yet..... what could they say other than "we are still looking into it" which they have already said to make the situation acceptable.

What you spent has no bearing on anything in this situation. It really doesn't. Look i get it, he's an awesome champ and I love using him. I would like him to work just as much as you do. But you spending hundreds of dollars to get him, doesn't mean anything in the case of there being a bug and the speed it gets fixed.

When there isn't any additional information to say, all we can do is wait for now. It's been 12 days, let them do their jobs.
    i think there should be compensation simply because of resources it could have cost you not being able to use him to his full potential this could mean extra items used in aw/aq or revives in questing
    For the first few days the people that brought him into content and expected him to work should be given some form of compensation, the choice is not in the player base though. Despite that, the notion of giving compensation purely because people ranked him up and got “screwed” or that he couldn’t achieve his full potential is silly and childish. If you use a broken champ on your own time than you pay on your own dime
    Yes but for example if cull is your only 5:65 and he’s your main war attacker questing champ if you have to use worse champs you’ll probably end up using resources
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★

Kobster84 said:

DalBot said:

For the first few days the people that brought him into content and expected him to work should be given some form of compensation, the choice is not in the player base though. Despite that, the notion of giving compensation purely because people ranked him up and got “screwed” or that he couldn’t achieve his full potential is silly and childish. If you use a broken champ on your own time than you pay on your own dime
    Agree but it’s kind of screwy that it hasn’t been fixed by now
  • Oskar1Oskar1 Posts: 6

I apologize, I write in Russian , Здравствуйте , Кулл Обсидиан имеет баг , его заряды благосклонности таноса работают не верно , таймер который должен продляться на 1 секунду за каждый удар не продляет заряды больше 1 , при заходе в бой с зарядами больше 1 на таймере сбрасываются через 10 секунд все заряды до 1 , прилагаю скрины в 1 бою , спасибо

Still nothing?
  • ThedongerlordThedongerlord Posts: 1
    I rank 4d my cull and used an awakening get and sig stones on him before this, he was so good please kabam fix this or at least give me my resources back

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

DalBot said:

Yes but for example if cull is your only 5:65 and he’s your main war attacker questing champ if you have to use worse champs you’ll probably end up using resources
    This post screams whatabout-ism
    And is very unrealistic and entirely based on assumptions
    So a 5/65 cull and what else a 2/35 falcon and 3/45 unduped SL are th other champs too?
    No but if you can’t use your main attacker you’ll probably end up using more resources
  • We are still working to resolve this issue. Once we have more information to share, we will keep everyone updated here. And as a reminder to everyone, please make sure to keep comments here on topic and constructive. Off-topic comments make it harder for the team to find information in a thread while also making it harder for other players to find relevant information if they are coming to the thread for the first time.

We are still working to resolve this issue. Once we have more information to share, we will keep everyone updated here. And as a reminder to everyone, please make sure to keep comments here on topic and constructive. Off-topic comments make it harder for the team to find information in a thread while also making it harder for other players to find relevant information if they are coming to the thread for the first time.

Same answer since the bug/glitch was reported on June 28.
    Nothing in any official response makes it sounds like any ground is being gained lol

We are still working to resolve this issue. Once we have more information to share, we will keep everyone updated here. And as a reminder to everyone, please make sure to keep comments here on topic and constructive. Off-topic comments make it harder for the team to find information in a thread while also making it harder for other players to find relevant information if they are coming to the thread for the first time.

Kabam realise that problems like this may make you money by players needing to spend resources due to their best champ being nerfed (considering a large population) but,

Also consider it’s costing you, I am guessing more in real money. I digress:

The lack of meaningful comms is saving a lot of people a lot of money.

Or at least it is for me.

While I wait for cull to be fixed I’m sitting on a lot of rank up resources.
    I’m in limbo because I dont want to spend them on another champ and wish I hadn’t if cull does get fixed.

While that’s the case subconsciously and also according to my overflow resources, it persuades me to not whale out i.e.

A fully working as intended Corvus and I’d have already rank 5’d him, used my generic , and sig 200 him. My inventory is empty and I buy all the rank up materials I can as per usual.

A broken Corvus and I wait Per the reason above, not buying any end game offers that are put my way.

Genuinely, the bug and subsequently the fact that Kabam haven’t said, “it will be fixed”, is saving me money so, in a weird way, thanks Kabam.
    edited July 2019
    Kabam realise that a generic answer (which I appreciate is necessary for many reasons) is genuinely costing you money.

I have resources to max cull. I’m sitting on them waiting for a fix.
    If he doesn’t get fixed I’ll spend them on another champ but at the moment your inaction and lack of meaningful comms leaves me in limbo.

While this is the case I don’t have room in my inventory for all the end game offers you have put my way post July 4th t(at I would have normally bought.

So presently from the offers I can remember I’ve saved circa £400.
    1. Tell me he is getting fixed, I spend the resources I have and make room for buying more resources

2. Tell me he’s not getting fixed and I spend the resources on another champ clearing my inventory and I start spending again.

3. Keep me in limbo and I’m waiting so I don’t spend the resources and don’t spend for new resources.
    Thank you (in an un-sarcastic but genuinely perverse way).
  • Oskar1Oskar1 Posts: 6
    My Kull is not working correctly ( Thanos charges disappear to 1 , it happens to everyone who has Kull , please fix it as it should be
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Fact is at this point it's clear that Cull won't be fixed until next update at the very earliest, if we're lucky. How is that acceptable when we have spent so much money and resources on this champ? There really should be compensation for this considering the scope of this issue and how much this particular champ drew in revenue, only to be jacked up after the fact.
  • Hey there, we just pushed a fix that should resolve this issue. Please give it a few minutes, as it may take a bit to be fully implemented. Additionally, you may want to consider restarting your game if you have it open at the moment.
  • Shewan01Shewan01 Posts: 12
    @Kabam Zibiit I have testet cull in one single Mission and it seems that he is working now like before the last patch.
    The fix seems to solve this issue!

I will come back to you if further testing result in an issue but I think that your fix had solved it properly (my cull is not awakend so I can't test the fury after the rout buff).

Thank you very much for your effort and for the solution.
This discussion has been closed.