**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW matchmaking sucks

This is not the first time it has happened that AW match making has failed our ally again
It is really frustrating that our ally will be wasting 2 days on this match which is a goner
I feel match making should be based upon ally rating , not war rating, that will make consistent match makings...im posting pics

ozt0bx2bfl5v.jpg
spb8ubiypvc4.jpg
be3fg3u4u4h5.jpg

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Alliance rating is not a better option. You could face an alliance will low rating but with very strong champs if members in that alliance sells low tier champs.

• TheMaskTheMask Posts: 104
    winterthur wrote: »
    Alliance rating is not a better option. You could face an alliance will low rating but with very strong champs if members in that alliance sells low tier champs.

That probability is relatively low..i get what u mean though...but wrong matchmaking has really impacted our ally several times..its not the first time....its one of many times..
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    It impacts everyone...alliance rating would be a much worse method of matching up though for the reasons @winterthur said. War rating with some consideration made for prestige would be best
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    that is the current system in place. take your wins and losses appropriately and dont create new threads in the forum. there are plenty of threads to comment on about the same issue.

your ally is in a very low tier, thus the routine uneven match ups. the low tiers are vastly unstable because when new allies are created they have to start from the bottom like everyone else, regardless of ally rating.

Just keep grinding
  • realiTicrealiTic Posts: 96
    Most likely a newly formed ally working their way up to tier 7 and above.
    that is the current system in place. take your wins and losses appropriately and dont create new threads in the forum. there are plenty of threads to comment on about the same issue.

your ally is in a very low tier, thus the routine uneven match ups. the low tiers are vastly unstable because when new allies are created they have to start from the bottom like everyone else, regardless of ally rating.

Just keep grinding

Just giving my opinion and asking people opinion on matchmaking format of war... And yeah maybe so...but it happens quite often cause of many newly formed ally on regular basis lol
    MCB05 wrote: »
    Or a group of swappers working their way back up to get more shards and crushing all the little guys along the way. Tier 2 is getting annoyingly full of t1 swappers.

Sounds about right...
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Also rating isn't an indicator of skill. I've seen a lot of higher rated players that use items on map 5 day 1. I'm talking about people close to 500k.

You got matched based on war rating. At least make a suggestion for a change OP
  • Hey thats my alliance lmao.
  • beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    my 3m alliance got matched against a 6m alliance a few days ago, and we lost by only 5k points. so in our case, yes the match was even for the most part even though they had double our rating. i would say only 1 of their bgs was actually at that 6m level. the other 2 bgs were taking outside lanes before the inside lanes, members didn't join until late, and KOing on buffed nodes before their linked nodes were taken down.

not saying they shouldn't change matchmaking, but the mismatches could be due to all sorts of reasons like what the previous posters said. the good thing is if it's a new alliance or swappers, you most likely won't see them again soon.
    Hey thats my alliance lmao.

Lol ;)
    beaupoem wrote: »
    my 3m alliance got matched against a 6m alliance a few days ago, and we lost by only 5k points. so in our case, yes the match was even for the most part even though they had double our rating. i would say only 1 of their bgs was actually at that 6m level. the other 2 bgs were taking outside lanes before the inside lanes, members didn't join until late, and KOing on buffed nodes before their linked nodes were taken down.

not saying they shouldn't change matchmaking, but the mismatches could be due to all sorts of reasons like what the previous posters said. the good thing is if it's a new alliance or swappers, you most likely won't see them again soon.

Hope so...but we usually face this problem near 1000 rating...
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Yeah sure there is no problem with AW matchmaking....

sjf3rrgv4lqi.png
    TKal wrote: »
    Yeah sure there is no problem with AW matchmaking....

sjf3rrgv4lqi.png

Lmao... War rating difference to...anyhow u are in tier 1
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Thought I should not comment since my alliance is way down. If you can get to Tier 1 where all the big boys are, what do you expect?

• Hey gang,

Dropping by to let you know this discussion has come up in another thread. I've gone ahead and addressed the topic over there: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16046/

I'm going to close this thread out, but feel free to head over there as we'd like to keep this topic centralized and definitely keep you all included.
This discussion has been closed.