**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Best Mystic Champ

GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★

Comments

• Baja_BlastBaja_Blast Posts: 12
    Symbiote Supreme is better
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    Symbiot supreme is better you guys are right.But if you compare both the champions .Doctor voodoo can do more stuff than symbiot
  • Baja_BlastBaja_Blast Posts: 12
    Doesn't mean he's not better
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    edited July 2019

Symbiot supreme is better you guys are right.But if you compare both the champions .Doctor voodoo can do more stuff than symbiot

I agree 100%. I do agree that SS is better only when he has a perfect matchup, but I believe what makes DV better overall, is there is very little content/matchup that he isn’t able to handle.

What happens when SS is facing a bleed immune champ, or buff-less champ? Well, if voodoo is facing a poison immune champ, which there aren’t too many, it’s ok. Power burn all day for the win.
  • BlackJ4zzBlackJ4zz Posts: 244 ★★
    I do believe that Dr. Voodoo and Magik are better for overall content (only considering that Dr. Voodoo is awakened, Trust me i have a 5* Dr. Voodoo and he isn't fun when not awakened since he become VERY RNG based) and have extremely few match ups and/or nodes that can make them unviable but can still win a majority of match ups, but SS excels at what he does and in the right match up can completely dominate the opponent, but those match ups are a few and far between.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Dormammu is better power control champ than Dr.Voodoo or Magik.
    DjinAF said:

I do agree that specifically with regard to power control and power control alone, Dorm is the best at controlling power. But.... in general, voodoo can tackle more and has more overall utility, making him an overall better champ.
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★
    If you're facing an opponent like Angela or hela or anyone that gets a lot of buffs, symbiote supreme will shred them,they have no chance...
    Otherwise SS isn't really that good,his damage isn't the highest(base attack) he takes a long time to get to a special,isn't immune to anything, power control is only available in one of his modes on the sp2...in simple terms a very niche champion.
    Magik is only really great for power control,in that regard she dominates everything. Aside from power control she really suffers from a lot(if you're unlucky with the limbo) her base damage is low,no immunities no dot...only power control.
    On the other hand Dr. Voodoo has poison on sp1 which could deal pretty high damage, power control on sp2, ability accuracy reduction. The only matches that he suffers in are ones which are either poison immune(though not really struggle cause he can still power control them and dominate) and the big ones are ones where the champion is immune to ability accuracy reduction... but overall he's the best one just because of his flexibility in various type matches.
    Honorable mention: scarlet witch,the only reason she isn't considered the best(yes even after the nerf she still is) is because she isn't yes available as a 5* or above,but when she comes she'll definitely be the best one...by far....
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    @Skillful_star You are really short changing Magik. She is the only champ you mentioned that is suicide friendly, and these days many run suicides because of the proliferation of champs like Corvus and Omega. She takes no recoil damage because of limbo and you really short changed limbo as well. Watch KT1's recent video where he declared Magik the best mystic champ. Limbo in conjunction with the recovery mastery functions as a regen. Magik also destroys champs with a lot of buffs, like Voodoo and SS. However she doesn't need them to bleed or be poisoned to dominate them, unlike the two previous mentioned champs. Magik is an absolutely simple champ to play with, unlike the other two: reach L2 and game over.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I agree with some of the previous comments on this
    Dr.voodoo is more well rounded than ss and can tackle more content
    Ss is no doubt the best at what he does but he's not great for some fights
    Dr.voodoo is great in most situations and can do a lot more
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    Ghost rider better :)) power control, buffs control, bleed, regen almost best in game, bleed immune. With blade all is easier
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    Bpn88855 said:

Ghost rider better :)) power control, buffs control, bleed, regen almost best in game, bleed immune. With blade all is easier

And you have the control on when to trigger what....
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DjinAF said:

Ain't no one better at power control then Magik...
  • MasterDoomMasterDoom Posts: 20
    I think Ebony Maw is pretty tight...
  • Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85
    Dr Voodoo was my first R5 5 star but as my roster got bigger I found myself never using him. I use SS almost every war. He is the perfect counter to many commonly placed bosses and mini bosses.

Depending where you are at in the game, having the best counter is much more useful than having a decent option for many situations.
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★
    Solrac_2 said:

@Skillful_star You are really short changing Magik. She is the only champ you mentioned that is suicide friendly, and these days many run suicides because of the proliferation of champs like Corvus and Omega. She takes no recoil damage because of limbo and you really short changed limbo as well. Watch KT1's recent video where he declared Magik the best mystic champ. Limbo in conjunction with the recovery mastery functions as a regen. Magik also destroys champs with a lot of buffs, like Voodoo and SS. However she doesn't need them to bleed or be poisoned to dominate them, unlike the two previous mentioned champs. Magik is an absolutely simple champ to play with, unlike the other two: reach L2 and game over.

Fair enough,but magik's limbo is rng based so if you get really unlucky you could lose a lot, dr voodoo's healing which I also forgot to mention isn't,it is guaranteed and it saves you a lot of health options. And I never said that magik is bad,not at all,she's a great champion and one of the best,though i just don't think she's the absolute best mystic. I mean to say a champion is great is one thing,but to say a champion is the best,it gets subjective,if you like a champion then in your eyes they're the absolute best.

Werewrym said:

DjinAF said:

Ain't no one better at power control then Magik...
    Dormy is for sure better. Keeps the foe under a bar of power the entire fight. But ofc with that said Magik is a much better champ still
    Man no,dormammu's power control is RNG based,if you don't get lucky enough the opponent can get to a special and kill you,and even if you get lucky enough you have to play aggressively to be able to keep the opponent's power low,for magik you get to sp2 and done,no more power for the end of the fight.
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    For me Ghost Rider is a beast.
    I wish he had incenerate and coldsnap immunity
    And incenerate ability. That's all.
    He is pretty freaking ruthless and fast.
    I have playing him since 8 month.
    5* rank 3. Unawakened. Still he rocks at attack in aq or eq or aw or even story mode.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Voodoo Is 4/55 sig 200 -- hes really good, I rarely use him. Yet when I do he does a good job.
  • J0NisCOOLJ0NisCOOL Posts: 115
    edited July 2019
    Everyone right now has a thing for sym supreme but he isn’t the best mystic champ by far. He is a great champ for niche fights, but is far outshined by Magik in almost every element of the game except for those aforementioned situations he excels in.

If sym can’t nullify a lot of buffs he’s comparable to a Corvus with no ramp up and out of glaive charges. Magik can control power and with limbo can be run effectively with suicides and an aggressive play style. She can regen tons of health with limbo and the rightt mastery build. Can take down heavy buffed enemies with l3 and control power with ease. Also, her specials don’t generate any power on the opponent. She does lack some damage but it seems to be a common place amongst the mystics due to their utility and power control.

You’ll get more out of your Magik then your sym 95% of the time. However, as @Jim0172 stated earlier, depending on where you’re at in the game, a hard counter is better then a god tier all around champ.
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    (Mordo raises a shaky hand)
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    by far the best mystic is iron fist
    Magik is incredible. Absolutely one of the best champs in game if you know how to use her in the corner. I personally still prefer voodoo, because he not only can control power (3 different ways) but because of the rest of bells and whistles he has at his disposal. AAR (not just on champ abilities but also annoying nodes), +100% AA, guaranteed regen, negates limber, energy distance, and so on.