**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can we get a TANKING CLARIFICATION from a mod

Comments

• DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    Drooped2 said:

This is the only community I've ever seen that was this nice to cheaters.
    Sorry they have no place in the world.
    Fair play or no play

Every community is pretty nice to cheaters. Look at most rich people. Do u think they’re all good men? No. Cheating gets rewarded in real life
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Fair play or no play

Who's being nice? One problem is being dealt with. Which is a heck of a lot better than not.
    Let's see no punishment for 10 seasons of abuse seems pretty nice to me.

Like coming home to find your wife sleeping with your brother and your response is so where should we get dinner
    So what do you propose? Ban them all?
    Ban cheaters? Oh the horrors seriously what's wrong with removing cancer?

Even if not perm bans. Yes ban from aq for a season even letting them play other aspects whatever but this oh cheat cheat cheat no punishment is a terrible plan
    R u seriously comparing cheaters to cancer. Wow. They’re d!cks. Stop degrading cancer by comparing them to cheaters.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Fair play or no play

Who's being nice? One problem is being dealt with. Which is a heck of a lot better than not.

Like coming home to find your wife sleeping with your brother and your response is so where should we get dinner

Even if not perm bans. Yes ban from aq for a season even letting them play other aspects whatever but this oh cheat cheat cheat no punishment is a terrible plan
    Again you are displaying an ignorance of the logistics you propose.
    Just close your eyes then then the Cheaters will go away lol. That's worked so well for years
    Irrational again. Where’s that logic you hold so dear? Eyes are clearly open and focused.
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Fair play or no play

As it should be
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Cranmer00 said:

They're reducing the amount of War Rating that can either increase or decrease by 50%. This is for Tiers 6-9 only. Tiers 1-5 won't move.

So this effects no alliances that swap alliances then, which is the Tier 1-2 alliances, because no one drops their war rating under tier 3 for the swap ally in the first place.

That makes no sense

Maybe not in isolation, but there were two ratings manipulation methods in use: using one alliance and tanking rating in the off season, and running two alliances during the season and swapping for rating. This addresses the first one, and I'm assuming at some point they'll implement a control for the second one that acts in combination with this one.
  • bb_81bb_81 Posts: 147
    i myself detest cheaters, i'm all for punishment that fits the crime, but i will also tolerate perma bans even for the smallest infractions. there's always people out there cheating and trying to cheat, they know exactly what they're doing and what they're getting into. punishments should be harsh, to discourage others who are thinking about cheating not risk their account. the cheaters? well, cheaters gon cheat so F*** Em.
    edited July 2019
    bb_81 said:

i myself detest cheaters, i'm all for punishment that fits the crime, but i will also tolerate perma bans even for the smallest infractions. there's always people out there cheating and trying to cheat, they know exactly what they're doing and what they're getting into. punishments should be harsh, to discourage others who are thinking about cheating not risk their account. the cheaters? well, cheaters gon cheat so F*** Em.

For me it’s more gray, then black and white. It would depend on the infraction.
    Basically (obviously it would be handled case by case)
    Small infarction- Ban for week
    Medium infraction- ban for month
    Big Infraction- permaban
    Huge infraction- cheater gets locked in a warehouse with only other cheaters. called cheater games where they have to fight for their lives and the rest of us watch and have a jolly good time
    @Drooped2 unfortunately kabam does not often perma ban on any type of infraction, be it small or big. another Fail for kabam. smmfgdh
    edited July 2019
    bb_81 said:

@Drooped2 unfortunately kabam does not often perma ban on any type of infraction, be it small or big. another Fail for kabam. smmfgdh

Didn’t they say they want to try to “rehabilitate” the cheaters. I agree to. Give them the punishment and if they say they won’t do it again let them play just monitor them. That’s how the justice system works. It’s not instadeath if u commit a crime. U go to jail for punishment and rehabilitate their and get released, depending. Kabam isn’t doing it the bad way. They’re doing it the correct way in my opinion.
    edited July 2019
    Drooped2 said:

Djkrdjj said:

bb_81 said:

For me it’s more gray, then black and white. It would depend on the infraction.
    Basically (obviously it would be handled case by case)
    Small infarction- Ban for week
    Medium infraction- ban for month
    Big? Infraction- permaban
    Huge infraction- account gets locked in a server with only other cheaters called cheater games where they have to fight for their lives and the rest of us watch and have a jolly good time
    Huge infraction edit: the PLAYERS get locked in a warehouse instead of the accts. Same rules apply
    Thanks for the correction. Forgot to fix it. Damn autocorrect
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    It still doesn’t stop shelling as much, but it’s a start. Alliances will work out deals to swap a tier 5+ for 6- to get easier wars but at least they are making that less attractive.
    Drooped2 said:

Djkrdjj said:

bb_81 said:

Didn’t they say they want to try to “rehabilitate” the cheaters. I agree to. Give them the punishment and if they say they won’t do it again let them play just monitor them. That’s how the justice system works. It’s not instadeath if u commit a crime. U go to jail for punishment and rehabilitate their and get released, depending. Kabam isn’t doing it the bad way. They’re doing it the correct way in my opinion. Unless u and dropped2 disagree with the justice system. That would sure explain a lot. Lolol
    I'm not here to talk about the failure of the us justice system and how weak America is on crime
    I delete my end comments because unexplained it can come off as rude. Also I don’t want to debate it either I was comparing it. Also earlier u said u broke someone’s back and paralyzed them so it sounds like you’ve had a pretty fun time with the US’ justice system. lol
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    edited July 2019

Cranmer00 said:

They're reducing the amount of War Rating that can either increase or decrease by 50%. This is for Tiers 6-9 only. Tiers 1-5 won't move.

So this effects no alliances that swap alliances then, which is the Tier 1-2 alliances, because no one drops their war rating under tier 3 for the swap ally in the first place.

That makes no sense

What's being countered is Tanking.
    Makes no sense

3 of the top 5 masters alliances have shell swapped. If they’re gonna fix it, then fix it

ESPECIALLY when it’s so blatant that the #1 and #2alliance in the game is cheating by gaining an unfair advantage with a shell alliance and getting donations dropped to their shell alliance.. cheating for AW. cheating for AQ... this is called progress?
    @Djkrdjj ummm...there's a lot to unpack when it comes to the us justice system and it's not appropriate for me to discuss it here. but in regards to mcoc, i think it ,not too harsh to perma ban for minor game infractions, hell i'll even support perma bans for not helping out in attack phase lol, just kidding. but i'm dead serious about wanting perma bans to be given out more often.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Cranmer00 said:

Cranmer00 said:

That makes no sense

Makes no sense

3 of the top 5 masters alliances have shell swapped. If they’re gonna fix it, then fix it

You fix what you can and improve on that if a total fix isn't possible. How do you propose they fix that? People can leave and join as they want.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★

Cranmer00 said:

Cranmer00 said:

That makes no sense

Makes no sense

You fix what you can and improve on that if a total fix isn't possible. How do you propose they fix that? People can leave and join as they want.
    ESPECIALLY when it’s so blatant that the #1 and #2alliance in the game is cheating by gaining an unfair advantage with a shell alliance and getting donations dropped to their shell alliance.. cheating for AW. cheating for AQ... this is called progress?
    bb_81 said:

@Djkrdjj ummm...there's a lot to unpack when it comes to the us justice system and it's not appropriate for me to discuss it here. but in regards to mcoc, i think it ,not too harsh to perma ban for minor game infractions, hell i'll even support perma bans for not helping out in attack phase lol, just kidding. but i'm dead serious about wanting perma bans to be given out more often.

I don’t want to discuss it either. I was making a comparison. I don’t really care who gets what I just think that the things should be held case by case and given to people who actually deserve it
    Drooped2 said:

Djkrdjj said:

bb_81 said:

Didn’t they say they want to try to “rehabilitate” the cheaters. I agree to. Give them the punishment and if they say they won’t do it again let them play just monitor them. That’s how the justice system works. It’s not instadeath if u commit a crime. U go to jail for punishment and rehabilitate their and get released, depending. Kabam isn’t doing it the bad way. They’re doing it the correct way in my opinion. Unless u and dropped2 disagree with the justice system. That would sure explain a lot. Lolol
    I'm not here to talk about the failure of the us justice system and how weak America is on crime
    Don’t want to talk about it either. Was just making comparison. Deleted last comment because sounded rude without me explaining what I meant by it.
    edited July 2019
    Drooped2 said:

bb_81 said:

I had a ally mate piss me off once to the point that after boot I followed him to his next ally and friended the leader and posted pics of his inactivity to him.

Watched him get booted from about 10 allies in a span of like a week. Then he sold.all his 2 3 4s and left the game.
    What he do. That’s not funny, that’s just mean. Kinda funny tho
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Cranmer00 said:

Cranmer00 said:

Cranmer00 said:

That makes no sense

Makes no sense

Didn't they do something about Donations?
    Djkrdjj said:

bb_81 said:

I don’t want to discuss it either. I was making a comparison. I don’t really care who gets what I just think that the things should be held case by case and given to people who actually deserve it
    yea i get where your coming from and i can appreciate your arguement, all i was trying to say was, in this game a cheater is just as bad as the other cheater. there isn't a gray area for me when it comes to games. real life is a different story.