**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ghost not phasing Emma Frost & Domino

Greetings. I consider myself a decent Ghoster but I recently discovered that Ghost doesn't phase Emma Frost's special 1 & Domino's medium and I don't understand why. Could someone more experienced with Ghost kindly give me some insight? Or is this some kind of bug?

Comments

• GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    Ghost does phase domino and her double medium. Timing is a tad trickier for the double medium but she certainly can phase through it. However, sometimes domino’s AAR causes ghost’s phase not to proc 100% of the time. So you can’t always depend on it working.

As for EF, I’ve noticed that too. I just presume it’s because Emma’s attack isn’t considered physical or a projectile, rather psychic non contact? I don’t know. That’s purely speculation. @Kabam Miike maybe a mod can confirm or disconfirm.
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    @GNASTY is correct. Emma Frost’s psychic projectiles are not phaseable. I believe this was stated in her Spotlight.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

@GNASTY is correct. Emma Frost’s psychic projectiles are not phaseable. I believe this was stated in her Spotlight.

Developer Note: Some of the hits of Emma Frost’s Special Attacks are Psychic projectiles. Unlike regular projectiles, they can’t be dodged or avoided by characters like Daredevil, The Hood, or Ghost

• Eugene_VirtuosoEugene_Virtuoso Posts: 347
    GNASTY said:

Ghost does phase domino and her double medium. Timing is a tad trickier for the double medium but she certainly can phase through it. However, sometimes domino’s AAR causes ghost’s phase not to proc 100% of the time. So you can’t always depend on it working.

As for EF, I’ve noticed that too. I just presume it’s because Emma’s attack isn’t considered physical or a projectile, rather psychic non contact? I don’t know. That’s purely speculation. @Kabam Miike maybe a mod can confirm or disconfirm.

I see, thanks. Hopefully @Kabam Miike or another mod can shed more light on Domino.

Thanks.
    Lormif said:

Developer Note: Some of the hits of Emma Frost’s Special Attacks are Psychic projectiles. Unlike regular projectiles, they can’t be dodged or avoided by characters like Daredevil, The Hood, or Ghost

Thanks.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★

Greetings. I consider myself a decent Ghoster but I recently discovered that Ghost doesn't phase Emma Frost's special 1 & Domino's medium and I don't understand why. Could someone more experienced with Ghost kindly give me some insight? Or is this some kind of bug?

It depends on what you're talking about on Domino's medium. There are 2 issues here.

1. Domino's medium is a 2 hit. Hence, to phase past it, you need to wait for after the gun shot before counter-at

2. Your phase CAN fail sometimes when fighting Domino (or Magneto, or other champs that reduce ability accuracy). So if your phase fails, just swipe back once more and keep an eye out on whether the phase is successful.

Hope it helps. Cheers.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

GNASTY said:

I see, thanks. Hopefully @Kabam Miike or another mod can shed more light on Domino.
    Yeah there's not much to clarify there it's either just you mistiming the counter due to her double hit or her canceling your phase due to her AAR
    xNig said:

It depends on what you're talking about on Domino's medium. There are 2 issues here.

1. Domino's medium is a 2 hit. Hence, to phase past it, you need to wait for after the gun shot before counter-at

2. Your phase CAN fail sometimes when fighting Domino (or Magneto, or other champs that reduce ability accuracy). So if your phase fails, just swipe back once more and keep an eye out on whether the phase is successful.

Hope it helps. Cheers.
    Thanks.