**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Insane Cull Obsidian Damage

Comments

• Options
    DabMan said:

I completely agree with fixing cull again but come one at least pretend to care

We do care. I apologize that it seems otherwise. I can assure you that this issue is being taken very seriously.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,387 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the update vydious even though been a few days hope nothing else occurs with cull that bugs his thanos favor again as cant have this happen again as already its huge
  • Options
    ChaddaimpalerChaddaimpaler Posts: 17
    Funny how we see this happen time and time again though isnt it.
  • Options
    JbwildeJbwilde Posts: 55
    ASAP means as long as it took to make so his thanos’ favor in the first place right? Because you guys said you were gonna fix that forever.
  • Options
    iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Wow good job to the people reporting this, well done 👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍
  • Options
    Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★

DabMan said:

We do care. I apologize that it seems otherwise. I can assure you that this issue is being taken very seriously.
    Cull might be too high at 10 charges but he is a NOODLE at 1-3 charges its nearly impossible to kill a single champ in act 6.2 with him to ramp up to the higher levels

If your gonna nerf his top side damage, at least buff his starting dmg...

Notice the forum created was at Black panther in ROL, Because he freaking sucks to start..

Aegon can do it in less amount of hits with his ramp up. Let’s be fair
  • Options
    Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    edited July 2019

xxILORDxx said:

sorry i could upload a video of a duel but i will upload screen shots

I don’t know much about Cull, but pretty sure he needs at least one fight to ramp up.
    He actually needs like 5 to get where ppl are showing him, he sucks so much to start on hard content, I didn’t use him at all on 6.2 because he couldn’t kill anyone without dying from block dmg at R4

And it’s in 5if your lucky and don’t get hit at all, which for harder content is pretty rare
  • Options
    Thor12344Thor12344 Posts: 55

Hey y'all -

We can confirm that at the moment Cull is outputting way more damage than we had intended and that this way more than he was ever intended to do. We are working on a fix for him and hoping to have it out ASAP. We're sorry for the inconvenience on this one, folks.

Nooooooooooo
  • Options
    ShikinaShikina Posts: 25
    @Kabam Vydious are you going to also refund the resources people have used to rank and level him after it was stated he was fixed?
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Nabz034 said:

DabMan said:

Hang on now, this is not right...there are champs who are just as powerful as Cull, and because players who don’t have him are complaining, and now let’s nerf?

I only bought the units that paid for the crystals to get Cull because he was over powered, and I was lucky to get him.

Same way I spent the same amount to get Namor but wasn’t as lucky.

And now you’re taking him down a notch...if that’s the case, I didn’t intend on buying something then getting it switched. I also didn’t intend on spending items on that same hero. What’s the fix for this part for your customers?
    It was a bug though trust me compare him from yesterday to when he was released yesterday was hitting so much harder
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    In all fairness he is LEGITIMATELY bugged right now. Attached is 7 minutes of ROL where I cleared from Storm until the end. He's doing over 200K on some of his heavies with individual hits of 100K. That's far in excess of what he was doing before. I cleared Wolverine in under 20 hits 😂😂😂

The problem here will be the IMMEDIATE fix of this whereas his wet noodle fix took over 3 weeks, yet we're told the Kabam beneficial fixes don't take longer than the player beneficial fixes 🤔

• Options
    JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    I like how they make this announcement right here in the forums, but haven't made an announcement in game. How many people have seen Cull's damage in videos by now? And if they pull Cull from a 5* they will immediately rank him up. And then Kabam will nerf him.

I spent 3 5* featured crystals hoping for him and now I'm glad I didn't get him. I feel cheated that I wasted 15k 5* shards trying for a champ that is going to get hit with the Nerf bat hard, especially since I didn't need any of the other champs in the crystal other than Human Torch. Already have the rest. I feel even worse for people who spent real money on units to buy the crystals and obtain him. This is the problem with their no refund policy on units. A lot of people spent cash to obtain a champ they are then going to change after the fact.

How can they not do any play-testing on these new champs and figure out on their own that they are doing crazy damage, more so than intended. It's not like people are taking advantage of rare circumstances or unheard of loopholes to maximize the damage output. It would be crazy to think Kabam couldn't have known this when they put him out to the public. It seems more likely they do this so that they can get people posting videos online, let it linger for awhile and get the people buying the Cull crystals up. Then Nerf him so hard that he becomes a normal champ.
  • Options
    Nabz034 said:

@Kobster84 idk, feels like bait and switch to me and it always will. Selling someone something then changing it isn’t right.

Nah he wasn’t like this when they were selling him
  • Options
    Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    @Kobster84 I just used him in SQ and his S3 gave 12k in damage. Do you have a 5 or 6 star version of the champ?

Now, if you’re saying that after 2-3 fights he’s ramped up and now his damage is ridiculous and that’s cause for a buff? I can name 5 champs like that.

Idk, without his damage output he sucks. He doesn’t have bleed or poison immunities and he loses a ton of health. Taking away his damage turns him to garbage.
  • Options
    Nabz034 said:

@Kobster84 I just used him in SQ and his S3 gave 12k in damage. Do you have a 5 or 6 star version of the champ?

Now, if you’re saying that after 2-3 fights he’s ramped up and now his damage is ridiculous and that’s cause for a buff? I can name 5 champs like that.

Idk, without his damage output he sucks. He doesn’t have bleed or poison immunities and he loses a ton of health. Taking away his damage turns him to garbage.

Ok your not getting it when he’s released does a ton of damage
    As of yesterday his damage was pretty much tripled so please tell me how this was bait and switch
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

Hey y'all -

We can confirm that at the moment Cull is outputting way more damage than we had intended and that this way more than he was ever intended to do. We are working on a fix for him and hoping to have it out ASAP. We're sorry for the inconvenience on this one, folks.

KABAM!!!
  • Options
    Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    @Kabam Vydious if this is really a bug, can you post a few pics of Culls damage before and after the bug so we can see it matches?

I can emulate damage from any champ if I play them 2-3 times, can you guys take 10 min to do the same to show this is a bug fix and not a nerf?
  • Options
    Nabz034 said:

@Kabam Vydious if this is really a bug, can you post a few pics of Culls damage before and after the bug so we can see it matches?

I can emulate damage from any champ if I play them 2-3 times, can you guys take 10 min to do the same to show this is a bug fix and not a nerf?

Definitely doesn’t match like 330k medium never happened before this that’s what you’d get off the sp3
  • Options
    AceLuffySaboAceLuffySabo Posts: 286 ★★
    Its not ****; he was hitting extremely hard and its not like he will be useless. I'm fairly certain he will still be hitting hard so just wait.
  • Options
    JimmyJohnJonesJimmyJohnJones Posts: 81
    For those crying foul play: Cull had a bug post update where his thanos favor buffs weren’t pausing. They pushed fix to it on the 19th which I’m guessing is the cataly to have made his damage skyrocket. So not a nerf just a legit bug fix... this time.
This discussion has been closed.