**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Insane Cull Obsidian Damage

Comments

• Options
    jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215
    preach that comment above ^^^^^
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★

For those crying foul play: Cull had a bug post update where his thanos favor buffs weren’t pausing. They pushed fix to it on the 19th which I’m guessing is the cataly to have made his damage skyrocket. So not a nerf just a legit bug fix... this time.

Correct. Keep in mind, most people don't use logic on these forums. So even your comment is spot on, most won't realize the validity of it.
  • Options
    MegasMainMegasMain Posts: 2

For those crying foul play: Cull had a bug post update where his thanos favor buffs weren’t pausing. They pushed fix to it on the 19th which I’m guessing is the cataly to have made his damage skyrocket. So not a nerf just a legit bug fix... this time.

Most of us are just skeptical of how far they will go. If it’s only a legit fix, great. He was still a beast before the damage increase. But we have seen to many times that they tend to go a little overboard with things of this nature
  • Options
    Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    A champ don’t hit hard ppl complain a champ hit too hard ppl complain like is there any pleasing y’all, I have him at rank 3 and I was happy with the fix now he’s going to be fix again :-( hopefully they don’t nerf him to the ground, this is why we can’t have good stuff because someone who don’t have a certain champ will be salty and complain.
  • Options
    Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Can I have my resources back? Without his damage I would’t of ranked him to rank 5. He had no immunities or anything unlike corvus and his damage was the only thing that put him on par.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    There's a difference between something that benefits Players and something that breaks the game.
  • Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

There's a difference between something that benefits Players and something that breaks the game.

yeah if anything I'd say this is to the detriment of the players. This bug that gave Cull insane damage gave players that had him a way to get through a TON of content with need for minimal skill. And I think that was a massive problem, because the whole idea is that clearing content should come down to skill. Yes maybe a bit of RNG in the case of some nodes and maybe the AI, but also having the skill to deal with those RNG factors.

Forgive me for going out of MCOC to give an example. I've been playing Hollow Knight recently (great game, would recommend) and I was having a ton of trouble with a certain boss. You had to fight like 7 fairly chunky enemies, but they had moves which made them bounce around the screen and you would have 2 on the screen at once for the majority of the 'boss fight'.
    The intended way for me to beat this boss was to figure out how to deal with 2 enemies at once that were able to bounce around like crazy (and also make use of that amazing item I'd just gotten that allowed me to dash through enemies). This Cull bug (the crazy damage one) is equivalent to if I was able to hack the game (yes I know the Cull bug isn't actually a hack or anything) and make it so that there were never 2 enemies on the screen at once, AND slow down the movement speed of the one that WAS on the screen by a significant amount. It would require a TON less skill and, as a result, I wouldn't have felt nearly as satisfied when I had finally beaten it. And that's why I'm happy that Kabam is gonna come out and fix this.
  • Options
    DalBot said:

How many times, exactly, does something have to play out over, and over and over again before it stops being "conspiracy" and actually becomes the acknowledged practice? I mean, do I literally have to give multiple examples, or will you just continue to write it all off as coincidence?

Honestly I don't really need an answer to that as it would serve only as a requiem in redundancy

I'd write it off. I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories. Except Tupac. That guy is alive for sure.

I'm also not a programmer for Kabam and neither are you. So neither one of has any ground to stand on.
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

DalBot said:

How many times, exactly, does something have to play out over, and over and over again before it stops being "conspiracy" and actually becomes the acknowledged practice? I mean, do I literally have to give multiple examples, or will you just continue to write it all off as coincidence?

Honestly I don't really need an answer to that as it would serve only as a requiem in redundancy

I'd write it off. I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories. Except Tupac. That guy is alive for sure.

I'm also not a programmer for Kabam and neither are you. So neither one of has any ground to stand on.
    I mean, I have history and countless examples of both (Wet Noodle Cull v OP Cull, Domino bug vs crystal drops, Nick Fury vs Pure Skill), but you'll just hold on to the idea that a company operating at a profit doesn't have profit urgency considerations for what gets priority and what doesn't.

It's only a conspiracy if the hard data doesn't back it up. Pretty sure that's not the case here 😉
  • Options
    JadedEJadedE Posts: 12

yeah if anything I'd say this is to the detriment of the players. This bug that gave Cull insane damage gave players that had him a way to get through a TON of content with need for minimal skill. And I think that was a massive problem, because the whole idea is that clearing content should come down to skill. Yes maybe a bit of RNG in the case of some nodes and maybe the AI, but also having the skill to deal with those RNG factors.

Forgive me for going out of MCOC to give an example. I've been playing Hollow Knight recently (great game, would recommend) and I was having a ton of trouble with a certain boss. You had to fight like 7 fairly chunky enemies, but they had moves which made them bounce around the screen and you would have 2 on the screen at once for the majority of the 'boss fight'.
    The intended way for me to beat this boss was to figure out how to deal with 2 enemies at once that were able to bounce around like crazy (and also make use of that amazing item I'd just gotten that allowed me to dash through enemies). This Cull bug (the crazy damage one) is equivalent to if I was able to hack the game (yes I know the Cull bug isn't actually a hack or anything) and make it so that there were never 2 enemies on the screen at once, AND slow down the movement speed of the one that WAS on the screen by a significant amount. It would require a TON less skill and, as a result, I wouldn't have felt nearly as satisfied when I had finally beaten it. And that's why I'm happy that Kabam is gonna come out and fix this.
    I don’t fully agree with this.

I have an unawakened R3 5* Cull, and I’m only seeing this damage ‘bug’ in certain content.

The first time I noticed it, was in AQ. At first I accounted it to the fact that the node I was on, I had class advantage, but I didn’t.

So after reading the first page on this thread, I tried it for myself outside of AQ, and could only reproduce this on RoL. Taken into account I don’t have the skill nor roster for LoL, tried it on other content, without success.

At round 5 charges in EQ Uncollected run, I only managed to do damage round the 2k mark, regardless of my best efforts.

I’m not a top-notch player, and I cannot clear most of the content that 90% of everyone on this thread has cleared already; In my mind, Cull ain’t a great benefit to me at the moment, because this bug is isolated to content I have already cleared or content that holds little solo benefit (AQ).

You still need him ranked up, and the skill to ramp him up to do this damage, he doesn’t become a benefit in content clearing right off the bat, as stated in the quoted comment.
  • Options

What percentage of players do you think have a high level Cull Obsidian? Maybe 1-2% total? That's not exactly game breaking.
  • Options
    DalBot said:

DalBot said:

I mean, I have history and countless examples of both (Wet Noodle Cull v OP Cull, Domino bug vs crystal drops, Nick Fury vs Pure Skill), but you'll just hold on to the idea that a company operating at a profit doesn't have profit urgency considerations for what gets priority and what doesn't.

It's only a conspiracy if the hard data doesn't back it up. Pretty sure that's not the case here 😉
    They haven't fixed OP cull yet. So cant use that.

If bugs that "hurt" the player base never get fixed... Then tell me in programmer speak how to fix them quickly.
  • Options

If bugs that "hurt" the player base never get fixed... Then tell me in programmer speak how to fix them quickly.

Hey look, over there!
  • Options
    WhateesRexWhateesRex Posts: 3
    edited July 2019

Hey y'all -

We can confirm that at the moment Cull is outputting way more damage than we had intended and that this way more than he was ever intended to do. We are working on a fix for him and hoping to have it out ASAP. We're sorry for the inconvenience on this one, folks.

So you guys release a champ that has a high damage output, enough to catch every summoners eye and once everyone has blown through their units and money you nerf him?? Sounds almost premeditated to me..I gave you guys $400 trying to gamble for him, all bcuz of the hype around him. Will there be any compensation for those who bought cull crystals or blew their saved shards on featured crystals? Doubt it. I try to be understanding with you guys (Kabam) but when something like this happens it just seems like the biggest money grab in the world it makes you seem like a horrible company. Cull will be nerfed ASAP but who knows when colossus/old man Logan will be nerf, even when you guys announced it weeks ago. If I were to give one piece of advice to you guys, it would be to play your own game and get the bugs FIXED before releasing your content. Sounds so elementary, but this sort of thing just keeps happening, and all we get in return is “sorry for the inconvenience”...SMH #Kascamed
  • Options
    DalBot said:

Hey look, over there!
    Lol yep..
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Cranmer00 said:

xxILORDxx said:

sorry i could upload a video of a duel but i will upload screen shots

I don’t know much about Cull, but pretty sure he needs at least one fight to ramp up.
    He actually needs like 5 to get where ppl are showing him, he sucks so much to start on hard content, I didn’t use him at all on 6.2 because he couldn’t kill anyone without dying from block dmg at R4

And it’s in 5if your lucky and don’t get hit at all, which for harder content is pretty rare
    He needs around 3 normally to really get going
  • Options
    Sheer_ColdSheer_Cold Posts: 183
    Needs to be fixed if he’s to be used in AW, but for now I’ll stay jealous ;)
  • Options
    DalBot said:

What percentage of players do you think have a high level Cull Obsidian? Maybe 1-2% total? That's not exactly game breaking.
    Any Champ capable of that amount of Damage is game-breaking.
  • Options
    Nabz034 said:

DabMan said:

I completely agree with fixing cull again but come one at least pretend to care

We do care. I apologize that it seems otherwise. I can assure you that this issue is being taken very seriously.
    Hang on now, this is not right...there are champs who are just as powerful as Cull, and because players who don’t have him are complaining, and now let’s nerf?

I only bought the units that paid for the crystals to get Cull because he was over powered, and I was lucky to get him.

Same way I spent the same amount to get Namor but wasn’t as lucky.

And now you’re taking him down a notch...if that’s the case, I didn’t intend on buying something then getting it switched. I also didn’t intend on spending items on that same hero. What’s the fix for this part for your customers?
    His crystals haven't even been offered while he was broken this way... What are you even talking about?
  • Options
    Lol you guys saying this is a nerf are ridiculous. They're just bringing him back to the state he was in at release which still hits incredibly hard just not completely broken as he is now
  • Options
    ThatsallfolkstrThatsallfolkstr Posts: 5

Hey y'all -

We can confirm that at the moment Cull is outputting way more damage than we had intended and that this way more than he was ever intended to do. We are working on a fix for him and hoping to have it out ASAP. We're sorry for the inconvenience on this one, folks.

You will limit armor break to 10. After 10, armor break will turn new "break" like Medusa.
  • Options
    Cam77778888Cam77778888 Posts: 113
    Cull is not even in my top 5 in attack due to lack of utilty yet you want to nerf him because of his fun factor?!!??
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Cull is not even in my top 5 in attack due to lack of utilty yet you want to nerf him because of his fun factor?!!??

He’s not getting nerfed did you even read the thread
  • Options
    Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
    I just tested Cull..His timers are still off to the previous version when i pulled him..anyone else who feels his rampage time sucks and timers are still not working or maybe after playing him "BROKEN" is making me insane!

Also guys to be frank, the broken version had too OP damage but anyone who cleared content using Cull is fine with me. It was kabam who told us all they fixed him and even i cleared (Previously cleared) ROL for portion farming. KT1 cleared LAB for fun..remember act 6, variant1,2 is not a piece of cake and requires a lot of skill and revives before he could be ramped up. A friend of mine tried variant 2 with cull yesterday for all of the paths but used up 2000+ units just because he thought Cull will make his life easier. Paths where Domino, Dr Strange, Supreme were on the initials he struggled more.
    In short skill is always needed to clear the content no matter what. I agree boss fights were the real joke!
    Anyways it was fun to play the too OP Cull and kabam should test the content before releasing it and it was definitely not the players fault to use him when kabam said go ahead we fixed it. What if after some days NAMOR is said to be too OP and they nerf him.
    Thanks for your time guys!
  • Options
    Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★

Lol you guys saying this is a nerf are ridiculous. They're just bringing him back to the state he was in at release which still hits incredibly hard just not completely broken as he is now

They should test the content they release before releasing it. To give you a real world example - You went on to buy a car that had 3000 cc engine and could give a tourque of 450Nm@1600-2400rpm when it was launched. You purchase it bcz the numbers are impressive. The performance (Champion damage output) and the looks(Animations) are great and so you make the decision to spend your money but after some days they call you back saying hey we messed up and then tweak the engine to 350Nm@ 1000-1400rpm (**** for a car as FORTUNER) but still has the same looks remember! The car now is **** to drive and you regret your decision to buy it in the first place.
    In short once a package is sold to the consumer the company must not do what kabam is doing else it will break the faith! Please test your content KABAM
    @Kabam Vydious
  • Options
    Diksh619 said:

They should test the content they release before releasing it. To give you a real world example - You went on to buy a car that had 3000 cc engine and could give a tourque of 450Nm@1600-2400rpm when it was launched. You purchase it bcz the numbers are impressive. The performance (Champion damage output) and the looks(Animations) are great and so you make the decision to spend your money but after some days they call you back saying hey we messed up and then tweak the engine to 350Nm@ 1000-1400rpm (**** for a car as FORTUNER) but still has the same looks remember! The car now is **** to drive and you regret your decision to buy it in the first place.
    In short once a package is sold to the consumer the company must not do what kabam is doing else it will break the faith! Please test your content KABAM
    @Kabam Vydious
    Except that's not how it went. It'd be more like buying a car that worked normally, you bring it in for service and when you get it back it won't go over 20mph. Then you bring it to them to fix and it drives 200mph everywhere instead. Now they say give it back to us so we can get it to its original state bc it's not safe to drive as is

He has not been sold in his broken state.
  • Options
    No one would benefit from that.
  • Options
    GasHaulerGasHauler Posts: 174
    @Kabam Vydious so my question is, what about all the people that used valuable resources to take Cull Obsidian to Rank 5 (or Rank 2 6*) based on the fact that he had this overkill damage, and/or used him to clear hard content such as LOL and Variant quests. Clearly the people lucky enough to to have him during this period had an extreme advantage that others didn’t. Granted I realize this probably affected a very small percentage of the player base, but it’s still presents an imbalance. I am not suggesting any actions be taken against players that did this, simply wondering if there will be, or if any compensation will be given to those that ranked him solely because of the changes that were made? And for the record, I do not have Cull Obsidian at all in any rarity.
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    edited July 2019

He couldn't even beat 6.1.5 xbones let alone tons of paths in 6.2

Excuse me what?
    FYI, thats a rank4 unduped cull....
    https://youtu.be/kFz_G_-leW8

This discussion has been closed.