**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Please bring back gifting

NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
I understand and appreciate Kabam trying to prevent fraud and cheaters. I wish cheaters were banned from the game. I just want to bring up the fact that removing gifting is hurting growing alliances. Our alliance has a mix range of players. We have some fairly new active players and some vets that are looking for a more relaxing time. Several times in AQ we have missed completing a map because a teammate is short a revive or potion. Before we could gift one every now and then and it wasnt an issue. With the removal of gifting we are now cant do that. What would be the harm in allowing alliances to gift an item or two every day or even AQ/AW cycle? That way we can still support and help our teammates when they are low. The gifting feature wasnt just about an item. It also made alliance members more of a group and loyal to their teammates who helped them out when they needed it. I just dont want to see gifting gone and only brought back at Xmas to bring Kabam revenue and hurt alliances the rest of the year.

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Actually better than arena is AQ, glory, I have not bought an alliance potion or revive in months.
  • Options
    Honeymonster1981Honeymonster1981 Posts: 17
    Gifting was used to hack accounts and use units to send gifts I know of a couple of people this happened to one lost 1500 units and one lost 2500 units they just disappeared and kabam wouldn't help either account just generic emails in return. They both quit the game because of it. Gifting at xmas was a free for all on cheating I for 1 am glad it's not allowed any longer.
  • Options
    ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    I think the real fraud is buying units and should be discontinued forever

How many flipping people can say their cards have been used for a phantom ingame currency fraud so I don’t see why the gifting badge promotes fraud when their been more iterations of fraudulent purchases of units occurring.

Kabam should of left gifting in place and punished the cheaters instead of turning a blind eye of exploiting gifting badge players and punish everyone including the honest players.

I think Kabam should stop selling units simple and should only let units be earned via the game.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s just too easy to exploit. You could have one person start a bunch of accounts and for the low price of $30 per account, they can now gift. Let’s say the person made 30 accounts and only just logged in. You get units from the calendar, so they would get 31x the units that they could gift items to the main, allowing them to tackle much more difficult content than the normal honest player because they have 30x the revives and potions.

I get that it is nice to have, but it’s just so easy to exploit it’s nuts.

Maybe they could impose a gift receive limit on accounts. Like 1 per every other day.
  • Options
    Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
    Too_qik said:

I agree 100% they should bring it back.

So people can exploit it?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Connect said:

How many flipping people can say their cards have been used for a phantom ingame currency fraud so I don’t see why the gifting badge promotes fraud when their been more iterations of fraudulent purchases of units occurring.

Kabam should of left gifting in place and punished the cheaters instead of turning a blind eye of exploiting gifting badge players and punish everyone including the honest players.

I think Kabam should stop selling units simple and should only let units be earned via the game.

That's not going to happen anytime soon. If someone comes to your store with a stolen Credit Card, you don't stop selling your wares.
    The Fraud was a) using fraudulent Credit Cards, and b) selling Items in-game which were purchased with said Credit Cards, for real world money outside the game.
    Both were something that needed to be dealt with.
    It's been disabled because there was no stopping people from opening new Accounts and doing it again. It was a game of Cat and Mouse. Selling Units isn't the cause. It's a legitimate business that serves legitimate customers.
  • Options
    MasterDoomMasterDoom Posts: 20
    As an alliance leader, I used the gifting to help, and reward my alliance members.
    I hate that it's gone for that factor, but understand why it was taken away.
  • Options
    @Hammerbro_64 if they had it where u can just gift an item or 2 every AQ cycle to alliance members that solves the problem u stated. I suggested that in the original post.
  • Options
    crossshattercrossshatter Posts: 249
    Good thing that kabam took it away tho....I don’t want anyone to lose units....I can hardly get 150 unit per month XD
  • Options
    @crossshatter the only way ppl could lose units is if they gave away their passwords. If someone says they were hacked support can see who the items were gifted to and would be able to tell who it was. Gifting within your alliance wouldnt change the ability of hackers. They could still hack into an account and sell champs or purchase junk to hurt an account if they wanted.
  • Options
    crossshattercrossshatter Posts: 249
    @Neotwism well one of my friends got hacked.... he/she mentioned that they got hacked by gifting and couldn’t return their account
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

It’s just too easy to exploit. You could have one person start a bunch of accounts and for the low price of $30 per account, they can now gift. Let’s say the person made 30 accounts and only just logged in. You get units from the calendar, so they would get 31x the units that they could gift items to the main, allowing them to tackle much more difficult content than the normal honest player because they have 30x the revives and potions.

I get that it is nice to have, but it’s just so easy to exploit it’s nuts.

Maybe they could impose a gift receive limit on accounts. Like 1 per every other day.

So your paying 900$ it’d have to be 8 months to actually start making a profit
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    Since gifting is gone they should of reversed the AQ map rewards and give glory instead of waiting at the end of the AQ.
  • Options

Connect said:

That's not going to happen anytime soon. If someone comes to your store with a stolen Credit Card, you don't stop selling your wares.
    The Fraud was a) using fraudulent Credit Cards, and b) selling Items in-game which were purchased with said Credit Cards, for real world money outside the game.
    It's been disabled because there was no stopping people from opening new Accounts and doing it again. It was a game of Cat and Mouse. Selling Units isn't the cause. It's a legitimate business that serves legitimate customers.
    I’m a security guard and I’ve always noticed if a card was exploited you were going to get a police officer orapolice detective come in the store and ask for cctv footage of the said crime.

What I have noticed using fake cc is very much frowned on and not where the criminal is let off after the crime occurred.

So I don’t see your point.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Connect said:

Connect said:

I’m a security guard and I’ve always noticed if a card was exploited you were going to get a police officer orapolice detective come in the store and ask for cctv footage of the said crime.

What I have noticed using fake cc is very much frowned on and not where the criminal is let off after the crime occurred.

You're assuming it was fake, and thus has no consequences or effects. Those Credit Cards had other people on the other end of them. Further to that, if ANY Fraud is occurring in-game, they're going to take measures to stop it from happening again. I can't speak for your job, but I can assure you, Fraud is very much illegal and publishable by Law.
  • Options

Connect said:

Connect said:

You're assuming it was fake, and thus has no consequences or effects. Those Credit Cards had other people on the other end of them. Further to that, if ANY Fraud is occurring in-game, they're going to take measures to stop it from happening again. I can't speak for your job, but I can assure you, Fraud is very much illegal and publishable by Law.
    Yeah thanks for the insight