**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW node bug new map - psychic Thorns

Comments

• MirageNoirMirageNoir Posts: 73
    New war starts today. How can there not be an info yet? Will you sit it out until people have chosen their attack teams and ran into your trap again? Just for some bloody potions? Have you become that greedy? It’s pathetic how long people have to wait for you to fix sth that was already fixed.
  • SunnyJim_123SunnyJim_123 Posts: 78
    It took 5 days to fix it the first time, we are now at 7 days with no fix!! Are you waiting for war season to finish before fixing?
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike guy we need this fixed.... it’s stil happening and ability reduction is not working.
  • SunnyJim_123SunnyJim_123 Posts: 78
    Problem re-occurred with new update on June 26th and you acknowledged the problem on June 28th... Today is July 7th with no response at all from game team!! You fixed it once why can’t you do it again??
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    See screen shot.

6.2.5, path B. Antman on Micro Reflect. Omega red is taking damage from glances tentacle hits.

Wasn’t this fixed?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Glancing reduces offensive ability accuracy. That counters his ability to counter the damage back
    That isn’t how that works lol.

Omega takes damage from Psychic Thorns also again
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

Glancing reduces offensive ability accuracy. That counters his ability to counter the damage back

I'm pretty sure for all intents and purposes, Tentacle attacks don't have an ability accuracy. Source: being Concussed by a Mister Sinister and not taking Psychic Thorns damage.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    The thorns/avoiding incoming damage bug got reintroduced ... somehow...
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

The thorns/avoiding incoming damage bug got reintroduced ... somehow...

Yeah I noticed this on Psychic Thorns node. The bug returned just recently.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Hey there, we'll ask the rest of the team about this and see what I can find out. Also, for anyone who hasn't already, could you confirm what Champion you were using and at what rank and level when you experienced this issue? Also, could you include if the Champion was awakened and what level their signature ability was at?

Did not play AW in between season.
    Joined and fought first time champ on Psychic Thorns 1 (Tile 16). Used 5☆ (OG) Vision rank 4/5, level 26/55, sig 80. Defender was Yondu.

Fired multiple specials one but did not see any healing (was not healed block as Yondu was power drained). Won, but health level low.

Any other explanation I could have missed on not seeing heal?

Edit: Finished posting and saw game down message. :o
    Vision’s specials do not deal any damage. It’s the power drain that’s dealing the damage. Since the actual special does 0 damage, it will also heal for 0 health.
    Wow ... pretty technical. Thanks!
    Haha. Welcome. One of my alliance members also had the same question just today. What a coincidence.
    Another question. Going by this logic, does it mean Special Boost (Tech) will not work with Vision?
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi,

This issue should have been resolved on July 2. If you've had a problem since then, can you please let us know when and exactly what happened? Thanks.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Will the OR players be getting any compensation for all the resources spent on the multiple times this bug popped up, especially given that we were told it was fixed but then it went back to being broke. Real players spent real cash/resources/units to heal due to miscommunication.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★

xNig said:

xNig said:

Hey there, we'll ask the rest of the team about this and see what I can find out. Also, for anyone who hasn't already, could you confirm what Champion you were using and at what rank and level when you experienced this issue? Also, could you include if the Champion was awakened and what level their signature ability was at?

Joined and fought first time champ on Psychic Thorns 1 (Tile 16). Used 5☆ (OG) Vision rank 4/5, level 26/55, sig 80. Defender was Yondu.

Fired multiple specials one but did not see any healing (was not healed block as Yondu was power drained). Won, but health level low.

Vision’s specials do not deal any damage. It’s the power drain that’s dealing the damage. Since the actual special does 0 damage, it will also heal for 0 health.
    Haha. Welcome. One of my alliance members also had the same question just today. What a coincidence.
    Another question. Going by this logic, does it mean Special Boost (Tech) will not work with Vision?
    Iirc, it has never worked on Vision since the 100/150/200% tech boost relies on damage dealt on specials.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    I believe this has been mentioned but OR continues to take damage when using his tentacles. Is this intentional? Thanks!
  • RookM1RookM1 Posts: 52
    Omega Red's abilities specifically state his tentacle hits reduce "damage inflicted by enemy abilities", my thought was a node like Psychic Thorns or Micro Reflect are NOT categorized as "enemy abilities". I could be wrong but that's why I wasn't expecting it to work....

Funny side note, iOS keeps trying to autocorrect tentacle to testicle, lol.
    I would like some Kabam feedback here please
  • JerryJiverJerryJiver Posts: 104
    I took a leap of faith and went into war today with omega red. Confirmed that he was not taking psychic thorns damage with tentacle attacks. Can you please add tests this time so the bug does not come back in a future update? Compensation for items used in previous wars due to this bug would also be nice. Thanks
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Iirc, it has never worked on Vision since the 100/150/200% tech boost relies on damage dealt on specials.
    Thanks again.
  • JerryJiverJerryJiver Posts: 104

I took a leap of faith and went into war today with omega red. Confirmed that he was not taking psychic thorns damage with tentacle attacks. Can you please add tests this time so the bug does not come back in a future update? Compensation for items used in previous wars due to this bug would also be nice. Thanks

Thanks for notifying and confirming that it is solved. I can ask you a question?. the error is repaired for all Omega hits, or light hits, medium hits, or just charged blow ???
    it's his tentacle hits where he doesn't take damage from thorns... medium hits, heavies, specials.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    Yep, tested it. It's fixed. Currently.
  • Eldot5Eldot5 Posts: 18
    It was fixed and worked fine for me last two wars. And then just now I took Omega Red on the same path in our current war and he’s taking damage again in only heavy attacks.
    This hasn’t been fixed obviously.

@Kabam Lyra please confirm this.

Hi,

This issue should have been resolved on July 2. If you've had a problem since then, can you please let us know when and exactly what happened? Thanks.

@Kabam Lyra
    Yes I have had a problem.
    I’ve described it in a comment above in which I tagged you.
    I went into the current/ongoing alliance war with Omega Red on the psychic thorns path and on the very first node he was taking damage on only heavy hits (which utilize his tentacles).
    This shouldn’t happen with this champ on that node, so it’s obviously not working properly.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit
    Anybody?
    Somebody?

No answer?

It’s really become restrictive for players with great counters that cannot function as Kabam intends due to a bug with a war node that isn’t functioning as Kabam describes.

What is being done about this please?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Eldot5 said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit
    Anybody?
    Somebody?

No answer?

It’s really become restrictive for players with great counters that cannot function as Kabam intends due to a bug with a war node that isn’t functioning as Kabam describes.

What is being done about this please?

I tried today, it seems to be fixed again.
    @Werewrym
    I’m glad it worked for you.
    I didn’t want to risk it since there’s no confirmation from Kabam on whether or not it’s actually fine now.
This discussion has been closed.