**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How do I beat this quest?

Hi, I am a relatively new player to the game and I am struggling significantly with the final level of Act 3.

First off, the recommended hero rating for a team is 13152, which is roughly 4000 higher than the level before it. This is a huge issue for me because my current hero rating for my team is only 7903. The final boss has 4311 hero rating, which is twice the rating anything else in the level has as well as just 500 hero rating from twice my best champion's hero rating.

Second, the AI of the champions I have to face in the level is insanely skilled. The heavy attacks are as fast as light attacks and they use the heavy attacks the second that I put up a shield. I never get the chance to attack no matter how fast I attack, because they always end up hitting first and never really stop from there. I aways have half my team KO'd per battle, meaning that I have never made it past the second fight. What is even more annoying about this is that this dramatic increase in the AI skill just happened on this level. The level before, none of my champions died or even went below a third of their health (I only needed 3 of my 5 champions for the level), so this just appeared out of nowhere. Keep in mind their are a minimum of 7 fights that have to be fought, not including the boss of course.

Third, I have had very few opportunities to gain the tier three basic catalysts I desperately need to rank up my champions. I bought the max number I could using the shield markers. I can't get them from the Summoner's Journey assignment called Proving Grounds Exploration, because the hard path for the Proving Grounds on hard difficulty is to hard for my current champions. Currently, only one of my champions has a hero rating that at least matches the lowest hero rating in the level I am stuck on. I literally have enough of every other type of catalyst I would need to rank up my champions, but unfortunately I just simply cannot get my hands on the tier three catalysts. I need to amass about 32 tier three catalysts at this point so that all of my champions are at least equal in hero rating to the things they will fight in the final level of Act 3.

BTW: Yes, I have dexterity. Stop telling me to get it. Just because someone gets it doesn't mean they have a notably higher chance of beating the level they are stuck on. "jUsT gEt DeXtErItY" isn't very helpful to me at all, as I listened to that once and I quickly realized that I just wasted 270 units to buy to stoney master cores.

Comments

• Options
    XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    Dexterity is definitely not a waste of units. Just keep practicing. Also If you don’t already have it parry will help you a ton as well.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    1. Dexterity is an important mastery to have.
    2. If you’re having trouble with a quest, send a screen shot of your team so we can help
    3. If you’re complaining about the AI on act 3, then I feel sorry for you when you go in act 5
  • Options
    BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Hey there... this game can be complex at the start. I suggest you to go on you tube and listen to some tutorial, like Dork Dave, Seatin... they are the most popular, but they are plenty of others to learn from.

You might want to join an alliance with more experienced players who can guide you a little.

This game is fun, but it takes some time understand the mecanics of some fights and to learn the right match ups between champions.
  • Options

1. Dexterity is an important mastery to have.
    2. If you’re having trouble with a quest, send a screen shot of your team so we can help
    3. If you’re complaining about the AI on act 3, then I feel sorry for you when you go in act 5

How do I screenshot it? I am on my pc right now cus my phone's internet is acting up
    I think it’s the same on mobile. It’s the button that has a mountain and sun on it, click it and choose the file. Let it load and post.
  • Options

I just maxed out my dexterity and I will see if that helps

Dexterity doesn’t need to be fully maxed. I’m not very good with mastery setups soo I’d say an endgame player
  • Options

How do I solve my catalyst problem though?

Do the daily catalyst quest. Each day has something different for classes
  • Options

Dexterity doesn’t need to be fully maxed. I’m not very good with mastery setups soo I’d say an endgame player
    Should I max out parry?

Should I max out parry?
    No,. But get a point or 2
  • Options

How do I solve my catalyst problem though?

Do the daily catalyst quest. Each day has something different for classes
    Two questions.

1) Do you mean the one that is class themed (for instance today's is mutant themed) or the proving grounds?

2) Do tier three basic catalysts only drop from the hard difficulty, or is their a chance for them to drop from the normal difficulty (or even better, for the tier four basic catalysts to drop from hard difficulty)?
    1. Class themed cycle through out 6 days

2. The T3 basic drop 3 catalysts I think, when you do 100%. Each catalyst is in its own difficulty. No other tiers drop in the difficulties
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

Should I max out parry?
    Max Parry and Stupefy. One point in Dex.
  • Options
    UHJ69UHJ69 Posts: 132
    You only need one point in dexterity, more points in dexterity don't make it easier to evade or anything, so only one is important. The best advice is to just keep practicing on the chapter, until you get the mechanics of the champions you're fighting down and how to evade their attacks. As someone mentioned, watching youtube videos from people who have beat that level will help. But mostly, practice practice practice. You don't need champions that have PI as high as the champions you're fighting, that doesn't matter, it just gives you an indication of how strong they are in a relative sense. When you get into later content, particularly act 5 and beyond, the PI of the champions you're fighting will be significantly higher than your champs, even if you have a maxed 5* so don't let it psyche you out.