**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are dungeons crystals still relevant?

XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
With the new option to buy a basic 5* crystal for less artifacts, do you think that 5* dungeon crystals are still relevant and worth buying over the basic? I’m intrigued to see what everyone thinks and the reasoning behind.

Are dungeons crystals still relevant? 93 votes

Yes they’re still worth it.
55%
ArcDeAngelusGroundedWisdomStara99ShrimkinsWorld EaterJestressTheManMythLegendEmil_LimsonBPT_Corey2386Darkrider05SiddhantKwatraexc3lAKTEKpalaboycharaderdude2Thecrusher_9756tusharNairshashankchromeBruinsfan8510Mysterio 52 votes
Nah
21%
Ace_03Nick_Caine_32ZarakikAhitlawDtl7714RasiloverCoachLedGeo10megSheer_ColdAleorMDarwishGeorgiaDawgKalantakZuromrcyrcleBigKidScottyThicco_ModeJustin25240dinIronman3000 20 votes
Imagine actually playing dungeons.
22%
SnakeEyes69Hort4digital-SOBExHavokSpiderCoolsezgoingRoOOtsTrevanRomanoZappireDonnymeijTaZ_4178FreedomCrusadeWakanda4Ever278_iiZuesiiEtjama1_ShuNeu_1Noob371UmbertoDelRioLordGenesisWade420wilson69 21 votes

Comments

• WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    In my opinion it's like going for a featured 5* with a smaller pool.
    I haven't missed a round of dungeons since their inception and have pulled Void and Domino
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Nah
    I've done Dungeons for the past 4 months and haven't pulled a decent champ from Dungeons so unfortunately I'm giving it up. It's a hassle to set up a time with someone, and if they're not available going with random matchmaking is a nightmare.

I'd go with just the 5* crystal if I ever have enough to get one.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    Nah
    My 1 crystal allowed me to awaken my 5* Karnak. Since then I only step foot in dungeons for objectives
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    I just pulled GR from the regular 5* Crystal I nabbed yesterday. As for the Dungeon Crystals, I'd say they're still relevant. It also depends on your goals. For 5000 more Artifacts, you can isolate the RNG better. It depends on what you're going for, and who's available. It's the best way to narrow the RNG currently.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    They were never worth it in the first place with these odds. Im very happy with addition of basic 5star crystal to the store, because chances of getting something good are higher from these
  • Wade420wilson69Wade420wilson69 Posts: 43
    Imagine actually playing dungeons.
    I'm on act 5.3 but I only have 8 5*s. I'm not going to grind dungeons for a 4*.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Yes they are still relevant, for 4 or 5k more artifacts you get a crystal that has only a few champs to increase your changes if you are after a specific hero.
  • Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    Yes, I think they are still relevant as they still give you 5 stars.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Dtl7714 said:

My 1 crystal allowed me to awaken my 5* Karnak. Since then I only step foot in dungeons for objectives

By that logic you should never open a 5* again since some time ago I bet you pulled 2 bad 5*. I mean if you dont like dungeons thats ok. But you always go for that 1-3/10 chance to get what you want in this dungeons crystals. Im a lower player (got 1 6*) and if I pull a corvus from that thing it would be gamechanging for me. Ofc the chance is only 10%
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    For the time required, the rewards are pretty good. It's definitely much better now that we get full 5* champs rather than +1 sig on HB like it was at the beginning.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    If you can clear Room 7 easily enough then it's a choice of 5? 5* featured crystals essentially. I'm not a fan of dungeons myself but its a very good way of targeting certain champions
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Nah
    i havent missed a single round of dungeons because i like that game mode and kinda do-able and fun challenge.. besides that my every single dungeon crystal has been just proper trash
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    Absolutely, eventhough the addition of 4 and 5* crystal is a very very good idea, there are a couple of them each time that are also worth a try...
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    I suppose if one of the crystals has a bunch of champs you want it could still be worth it, but I'm pretty excited they added 4 and 5 star basic crystals. I'll be playing more dungeons now
    Nah
    Seraphion said:

Dtl7714 said:

By that logic you should never open a 5* again since some time ago I bet you pulled 2 bad 5*. I mean if you dont like dungeons thats ok. But you always go for that 1-3/10 chance to get what you want in this dungeons crystals. Im a lower player (got 1 6*) and if I pull a corvus from that thing it would be gamechanging for me. Ofc the chance is only 10%
    Your logic is what has issues, as you seem to think all ways of accumulating 5*s are equal. But since your a lower tier player I guess that is to be expected. There are many ways to get 5*s. And I've been playing along time. I get plenty of shards from the other various game modes, and open up plenty of 5*s without grinding at worthless content. It just depends how you feel about working on your roster. The grind isnt worth the potential bad results for me cause I am really content with my roster.

And I have several great champs awaiting R4 such as IWCAP and Sparky. The only thing I need from this game is T2as and T5bs

• AceLuffySaboAceLuffySabo Posts: 286 ★★
    Woozie said:

In my opinion it's like going for a featured 5* with a smaller pool.
    I haven't missed a round of dungeons since their inception and have pulled Void and Domino

Nice, I pulled Rhino, Juggernaut and another bad champ I've already forgotten. It's all about luck, I guess.
    Dtl7714 said:

Seraphion said:

Dtl7714 said:

Your logic is what has issues, as you seem to think all ways of accumulating 5*s are equal. But since your a lower tier player I guess that is to be expected. There are many ways to get 5*s. And I've been playing along time. I get plenty of shards from the other various game modes, and open up plenty of 5*s without grinding at worthless content. It just depends how you feel about working on your roster. The grind isnt worth the potential bad results for me cause I am really content with my roster.

And I have several great champs awaiting R4 such as IWCAP and Sparky. The only thing I need from this game is T2as and T5bs

his logic is fine, yours is the one needing some work. If you need a champ that is in one of the crystals bying a dungeon crystal is still better than buying a 5* crystal, if you dont need a champ you save shards until it either is or you spend it on a 5* generic once you get close to the limit. The dungeon crystal give you a smaller selection therefore a higher chance to get what you need...

and before you say anything my list of champs is much better than yours.
    Nah
    @Lormif

As you are someone who loves talking about how any results are possbile when it comes to RNG, there is just as much a chance I cold pull Iron Patriot as a Corvus from a crystal(and yes they are in the same crystal). As there is no guarantee of getting that champ you want, I personally feel the grind through a bunch of milestones that start out and slowly increase from 100 dungeon crystals a milestone to save up 27,000 crystals is not worth the grind.

But I know you will argue this as you love everything the game does.

And as for your last remark about your roster, I could care less about your roster. I was making a point as it pertained to my opinion based off of someone else attacking my logic.
    Dtl7714 said:

@Lormif

As you are someone who loves talking about how any results are possbile when it comes to RNG, there is just as much a chance I cold pull Iron Patriot as a Corvus from a crystal(and yes they are in the same crystal). As there is no guarantee of getting that champ you want, I personally feel the grind through a bunch of milestones that start out and slowly increase from 100 dungeon crystals a milestone to save up 27,000 crystals is not worth the grind.

But I know you will argue this as you love everything the game does.

And as for your last remark about your roster, I could care less about your roster. I was making a point as it pertained to my opinion based off of someone else attacking my logic.

You have the same chance to pull an IP as a Corvus in the 5* and you have the same chance to pull a IP and a Corvus in the dungeon crystal. What you ignore though is the chance to pull a Corvus out of the dungeon crystal is 10%, while the chance to pull a Corvus from the 5* basic crystal is somewhere around .7%. This means if you want a Corvus you have about a 15 times greater chance out of the dungeon crystal out of the basic. Or in other words, unless there is more than 15 champs you really want equally to the Corvus it is better to use the dungeon crystal.

As for "loving everything the game does", this what is known as a logical fallacy, a strawman. I do not "love everything the game does" I just do not bash it when it does not deserved to be based.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    With the added basic for less shards I certainly think it is worth it. I just got a new champ, it was only a Magneto but it helps.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Nah
    They take way too long to get. You should be able to get enough artifacts every cycle to open a crystal. Waiting 3 months to open a garbage dupe is just a waste of time.
    edited July 2019
    Nah
    You covered percentages an thats great. But thats not my whole argument. For me it's a question of the grinding for that 1in 10 shot. I feel it's not worth it.

And I'm not bashing the game. Just because I dont like something in game doesnt mean I'm bashing it. That's you being dramatic. I just dont feel the grind is worth the shot. That's all I said. And because of that you and the other poster attacked my logic.

They take way too long to get. You should be able to get enough artifacts every cycle to open a crystal. Waiting 3 months to open a garbage dupe is just a waste of time.

why do you have to wait 3 months? 3 months will get you 2. And it takes about 2.5 hours a month. It is probably the easiest way to get a 5* short of buying one.
  • Dogor2393Dogor2393 Posts: 70
    I think is a decision of every one if we want to play it or no, some people will say is a waste of time and other people will say that it's worth it
    Nah
    Dogor2393 said:

I think is a decision of every one if we want to play it or no, some people will say is a waste of time and other people will say that it's worth it

I agree with that. Especially since this is a poll. Unfortunately some people on the forums have a problem with opinions that don't praise Kabam
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    If you're looking for particular champ, a dungeon crystal will shrink the pool.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    A 5* Crystal is a 5* Crystal.

It’s like having a run of bad luck and saying “are the 5* shard crystals worth it anymore” like you would be unwilling to gain shards and open them.

I rarely play dungeons, I’ve opened a few crystals. Just another 5* isn’t it, get lucky or don’t, still a 5*.

Optional to play too.