**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] 24.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for iOS users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, iPhone 7)
Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 24.0 version of the game.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• nagarajtg5nagarajtg5 Posts: 10
    In-Game Name: Ekhalavya
    Device and Model: Motorola G5S plus
    Device Operating System: Android Oreo 8.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 24.0
    Game Mode: Story quest Act 5.3.6
    Description of the Issue: If I quit the fight manually, the **** loading screen for ages and don't go to the back screen. I need to manually close the game and restart it. If I win or get K.O. there is no problem in that. Could you please check and update ASAP.
  • MadTitan616MadTitan616 Posts: 30
    In-Game Name: MadTitan616
    Device and Model: iPhone XS Max
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.3.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Sprint cellular.
    Game Mode: All modes of play.
    Description of the Issue: I get lag a few times per fight or a massive frame rate drop. Typically this occurs when the opponent is dashing in for a medium hit or casting a special attack. It doesn’t happen every time but I notice it at least once if that fight last longer than 20 seconds or so.
  • Severus35Severus35 Posts: 88
    In-Game Name: Belphégor
    Device and Model: iPhone XR
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.2
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Random massive frame rate drops. This issue began with the Human Torch & Annihilus update which was supposed to improve performances on older devices. I certainly hope it worked for those guys but for my phone it's a disaster.
  • Aeonic_ChiAeonic_Chi Posts: 5
    In-Game Name: Aeonic Chi
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Game Version Installed: 24.0 version
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: After selecting a champion to fight, before it starts to load or during the loading sreen, it crashes. Normally it happens after 7 or 10 minutes of game-play. But sometimes it happens right after I open the app after 2 or 3 hours of rest on my phone. There is not a particular champion that has been affecting my game-in experience.
  • DrBairagiDrBairagi Posts: 23
    edited July 2019
    In-Game Name: Dr Bairagi
    Device and Model: iPhone 8 Plus
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.3.2(16F250)
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest. Also Crystal Opening*
    Description of the Issue: After entering into fight in the very starting of the fight, there are frame drops.Sometimes in the middle of the fight also it becomes laggy.
    *Today I opened spider serse crystal, got 4Star King Ping. but the special objective is not achieved of opening a four star. Is king Ping not spider verse?
    It happened before also, yesterday I opened 3 star siderman sym, still there is no update in special objective.

thanks
  • Plato92Plato92 Posts: 102
    This had been going on for 5 months now and still nothing. Y’all aren’t doing your job when the game is at the very least 70% playable and then say you are working on fixing it and months go by. People have been compensated for 6.2 and that came out a month ago, but yet we have been waiting since February and nothing has been resolved or even sent to those being affected by this issue. I was affected by it in February to March and nothing was sent to me or anyone else affected. How is it fair for people being compensated for 6.2 which was released last month, but people who are being affected because of crashing and lagging haven’t received any form of compensation. We need to be compensated for this issue. Please fix this.
  • KaZichaoKaZichao Posts: 65
    In-Game Name: KaZichao
    Device and Model: iPad Mini 4
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: 24.0, latest available
    Game Mode: all gameplay
    Description of the Issue: my iPad keeps heating up after game is running for 5-10 minutes.. doesnt matter if i do fights in any event, or just roam in menus..
    Been going on from 23.x game version and i updated iPad Mini 4 to 12.3.1.
    Is there anything new on this subject @Kabam Lyra and @Kabam Miike
  • MeecrobMeecrob Posts: 8
    In-Game Name: meecrob
    Device and Model: iPhone XS
    Game Mode: Monthly Event Quest
    Description of the Issue: IPhone keeps crashing as Domino vs Domino match starts in Chapter 2.2 Domino has the synergy so she's the champion chose. I've restarted exactly 21 times and she's now at 761 health and I'm not restarting the chapter. I've spent energy etc., getting to the point I'm at so here are my choices: wait until it's patched and then finish from where I'm at, or miss out on completing master mode and it's rewards. I'm again, not restarting and resetting and if necessary I'll just not finish master mode just to prove my point. This is on you guys. Never complained before but this is getting absurd. I play on one of if not the best devices and shouldn't be having this issue. If I end up leaving my champs there for 30 more days so be it but this is on you guys. I pay to play this game and this is not the way I'd have this be but oh well. It is what it is. If it doesn't get resolved then I'll post again in a month if they end up stuck for that long.
    It happened to me too back in February, but for me it was 4.3.5 and I would get ambushed them it crashed on me with my iPhone 6s. Even though my phone is older then yours it is still able to play this this because I keep it up to on every update that comes out for the phone. I think they are stupid for taking this long to fix something. In February it went to mid March before I could do anything in 4.3.5 and so on. My game is working good now, but they should’ve sent everyone affected because this issue a compensation package. Y’all are dropping the ball on your game because y’all aren’t doing to fix the issue and compensate for it.
  • Mattdavis1024Mattdavis1024 Posts: 3
    Hi I am reporting a bug I have found since the most recent update. In back to back alliance wars now whenever my 5* duped rank 4 domino fights another domino my game crashes and the app restarts at the start of the fight. It is not an issue on my end. It has now happened in 2 aw in 4 fights. I go back in with corvus and am completely fine. Domino is a main counter to a duped domino. I am also the main boss killer for my bg. This bug has cost me resources and atleast one aw loss and possibly this one too. Please look into this issue tag is deltasky1024. Thanks
  • Convict1Convict1 Posts: 25
    Name ++convict++
    Device samsung galaxy note 9
    Device operating android 9
    Cellular ir wifi: both
    Game version 24.1 latest update whatever that is
    Game mode all modes
    Description in attack and defense right on the middle my champ will just stop leaving me wide open being non responsive and parry is not working properly go to parry and it works less than half the time I've reset my phone turned off the game and deleted and reinstalled the game no change.
  • SkyFoXQSkyFoXQ Posts: 7
    In-Game Name: SkyFoX Q
    Device and Model: IPad 2 air
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, on cellular I use Vodafone
    Game Version Installed: Latest version 24.0, of the game.
    Game Mode: Home screen
    Description of the Issue: I have been trying to connect to the game for the past 48 hours and it doesn’t seem to work. I have rebooted my device, reinstalled the app, updated everything, reset my router and even tried using different networks. It just doesn’t work. I’m hoping to get a response from kabam to fix this issue.

SkyFoXQ said:

Did you send a ticket to the support team with a video or pic showing this to them.

• abhishek_2107abhishek_2107 Posts: 12
    In-game name- abhishek_2107
    Device and model- iPhone XR
    Device version- 12.3.1
    Cellular or Wi-Fi- Both
    Game version- 24.0
    Game mode- Arena
    I face dropped frame rates and the occasional stutter while in the arena but not when doing story or event quests. And the game sometimes just crashes out in the middle of the fight or just gets stuck on the loading screen for a long time, have to force restart.
    Plato92 said:

SkyFoXQ said:

Did you send a ticket to the support team with a video or pic showing this to them.

Where/how do I contact the support team. I thought this was it..

Here you can contact kabam: “http://kabam.force.com/PKB/KbContactUsForm“ I hope they will respond soon.
    Plato92 said:

SkyFoXQ said:

Thanks for the heads up!
  • MeninøMeninø Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Meninø
    Device and Model: iPhone XS Max
    Device Operating System: iOS 13.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Happens both on WiFi and cellular. Verizon.
    Game Mode: All/None. Can’t get passed loading screen.
    Description of the Issue: Game isn’t making it past the mysterio loading screen. Killed the app, uninstalled the game, redownloaded it, turned off my phone, and hard reset my phone still nothing the issue has been going on since 7/10/19. Still able to use my account on my iPad but through hotspot off my iPhone. No gameplay has been on my iPhone since all recent gameplay has been on my iPad due to iPhone screen stuck and not making it past mysterio loading screen.
    Thx.
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    I think it's been reported recently, but I didn't see an admin acknowledgement.
    The issue is as follows on an iPhone 8:
    When an enemy throws an SP3 and you want to exit (KO yourself), it exits and the game then has the wheel of death and infinitely loads - requiring a restart.

In-Game Name: Woozie
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.3.1 (Up to date)
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: When an enemy throws an SP3 and you want to exit (KO yourself) to save yourself time, it exits and the game then has the wheel of death and infinitely loads - requiring a restart. This did not use to be an issue until this update.

Other Summoners seem to be facing this issue too as outlined in the below thread:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/912421#Comment_912421
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,413 Guardian
    Re: INFINITE LOADING SCREEN AFTER EXITING AN ENEMY'S SP3...
    Happened to me too (above thread about problem was Closed).

In-Game Name: SumNR
    Device and Model: iPad 6th Gen (2018)
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: ARENA
    Description of the Issue: Quickly doing Arena just for finding Spiderverse opponentts for Objectives, not caring about Points or Streak. So on an opponent's SP3 (non-Spiderverse) I just wanted to Exit fight and take the Loss, and move on to next fight (or even just lose the Match and proceed to next match looking for Spiders). **Sits at LOADING SCREEN forever after quitting the fight during opponent SP3.
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 178
    In-Game Name: Ronny889
    Device and Model: iPad Air2 / iPhone 6s
    Game Mode: all gameplay
    Description of the Issue: my devices keeps heating up after game is running for 5 minutes.. doesnt matter if i do fights in any event, or just browsing. Opening any crystal can anything from fairly quick to more than 10 to show hero or catalyst. Grinding in arena alway have huge delays in showing opponents heroes. The laggy response is costly then doing events since the parry and evade is so slow to react that resources is spent to complete the tasks. AI is of course never having any lag and crushing the Attacker.
    This have been going on for months and it’s about time that you fix this !!

You need to get to the root cause why there are players having the trouble when others don’t, it doesn’t seam to be players network that causing the issues, you cannot have the game only to run smoothly on the newest units with high processing power.

I fear that players stop reporting the issues because it doesn’t seam to be addressed anyway. The laggy, heat up, unresponsive gameplay is very much here still !!

Luckily for Kabam that you have a very fun game, else a lot would move on and found a new game.
  • MisFit7GottiMisFit7Gotti Posts: 72
    What about Droid were having the same problems I can be in the middle of the match and my screen will freeze completely then kick me out the loading is crazy long even when we're in aw and or AQ I get kicked out then when I come back in I've lost health but whoever I was fighting has his or her full bar of health. Ik you said iOS users only but I just wanted to bring to you all's attention that were experiencing the same problem.
  • MisFit7GottiMisFit7Gotti Posts: 72
    I'm scared to even open crystals now because the game glitches the whole time it's spinning or it freezes then kicks me out
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,413 Guardian

What about Droid were having the same problems I can be in the middle of the match and my screen will freeze completely then kick me out the loading is crazy long even when we're in aw and or AQ I get kicked out then when I come back in I've lost health but whoever I was fighting has his or her full bar of health. Ik you said iOS users only but I just wanted to bring to you all's attention that were experiencing the same problem.

@MisFit7Gotti , the Android version of this thread is at...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/147001/android-24-0-lag-crashing-and-performance-investigation

If you begin your post there with your specific device, versions, etc (see format from Kabam on initial msg of each of these 2 threads), they hopefully can spot trends that may be device/speed/etc dependent.
  • In-Game Name: CincyPunkCowboy
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Verizon
    Game Version Installed: 24
    Game Mode: Daily Quest (t4 basic catalyst)
    Description of the Issue: Game Freeze: while fighting boss Loki with Loki, I put a curse on him, stealing his buff. When he hit me with Special Attack 1 to steal his buff back, the game froze. Tried again and created the same scenario, the game froze again. Waited several minutes, but it stayed stuck.
  • PoLid3RPoLid3R Posts: 7
    Hey eveyone,
    my iPhone 7 has been overheating for multiple weeks now and I have been okay with it as it usually happens after 30 mins of gameplay or so. But the last two weeks its become so bad that I might as well replace my stove with my phone... Jokes aside I can only play for a maximum of 10 minutes before my phone is burning hot. This means I can't do arena or clear new content without having to take long breaks which is ruining the game for me.

As mentioned I am using an iPhone 7 with the latest ios (12.4) and I only experience this issue when I'm playing MCOC. Does anyone else have this issue or maybe even a soloution?
This discussion has been closed.