Cull Obsidian - NERFED?! Or FIXED?! Fact-checked Fight data by Kiryu

Comments

• LormifLormif Member Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    @Liss_Bliss_

1) The headline we are talking that you are defending is:

"Cull Obsidian Is Being Nerfed?"

That is a far cry from "You’ll never believe what happened when I came home'

The one you are defending is intentionally misleading.

2) I dont have hate towards all ploys to make money, just the questionable ones.

3) there are lots of jobs where employing questionable methods will make you more money. You realize there is a reason click bait is nearly universally despised right?
    @Ace_03 never said it was illegal, but it is morally reprehensible, which is why most people outside the people who do it dislike it.
  • DalBotDalBot Member Posts: 1,632 ★★★★★

You’re bringing ethics into this? By that thought every single company is unethical.

Guess there are no boundaries when it comes to profit motives anymore so if you can't beat em, join em. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

@Liss_Bliss_

2) I dont have hate towards all ploys to make money, just the questionable ones.

3) there are lots of jobs where employing questionable methods will make you more money. You realize there is a reason click bait is nearly universally despised right?

What video said “cull obsidian is being nerfed” and even if it DID say that, it’s a question not a statement.
    Djkrdjj said:

Also, u need to change your definition of clickbait.
    Clickbait-misleading title and thumbnail that has nothing to do with video. This is what everybody hates
    Ex. Same title and thumbnail but he played candy crush
    Misleading title/thumbnail- title or thumbnail that is exaggerated or implies things that aren’t true. This is what people don’t like but ignore if the youtuber still addresses what the title/thumbnail
    Ex. What RTM did. He had a misleading title and thumbnail but he addressed the problem properly in The video

Exactly

• DalBotDalBot Member Posts: 1,632 ★★★★★
    There is nothing illegal or immoral about clickbaiting, but what you're doing is making the community a worse place by wasting peoples time. It's a good method to get a few cheap clicks but it also leads to unsubscribes which destroys long term profitability. Nobody likes a cheap-ploy. Be better than that.

Lormif said:

@Liss_Bliss_

What video said “cull obsidian is being nerfed” and even if it DID say that, it’s a question not a statement.
    Rich the Man's video, the one we are talking about from the start...

Not all questions are equal. there is a difference between "Cull Obsidian is being Nerfed?" vs "Is Cull Obsidian being nerfed" The first is a declarative as a question, the second is not. In the first you are declaring something and that is what makes it misleading because you are declaring something that is untrue.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Member Posts: 444 ★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

@Liss_Bliss_

Not all questions are equal. there is a difference between "Cull Obsidian is being Nerfed?" vs "Is Cull Obsidian being nerfed" The first is a declarative as a question, the second is not. In the first you are declaring something and that is what makes it misleading because you are declaring something that is untrue.
    The question mark stops it from being a declaration and makes it a QueSTioN.
    Simple grammar jeez
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

@Liss_Bliss_

Again, inflection and inference is in the eye/mind or the person reading/hearing it. The title is a question, not a declaration. Watch the video, you even hear the question inflection on “nerfed”.
    Djkrdjj said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

@Liss_Bliss_

The question mark stops it from being a declaration and makes it a QueSTioN.
    Simple grammar jeez
    Your knowledge of grammar is somewhat wrong. A declarative can be either a statement or a question, but the quesiton is very limited to yes/no questions. You use declarative as a question when you already know, or think you know the question and you are asking the person or to express surprise.

You fight out someone is 40..."You're 40?" is a declarative as a statement as a question.

Here is a very basic link:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/grammar/british-grammar/questions-statement-questions-you-re-over-18
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Have to step in here. That's being dramatic, meaning the emphasis. As for catchy titles, that's a part of the platform you're working on. We can have an existential conversation about right and wrong, but you need to catch peoples' attention on YouTube. That's the market.
    I'd much rather have a catchy title and decent substance than an abrupt title and gobbledee goop. To be fair, Rich has been quite reasonable in the past, from what I've seen. There are certainly worse ways to use the platform. I don't need to cite. We've seen it.
    Cull has had 2 fixes. One subsequently made him more broken. The second fixed that. I'm quite positive they don't go into a second fix unless they're sure something is wrong.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

@Liss_Bliss_

Again, inflection and inference is in the eye/mind or the person reading/hearing it. The title is a question, not a declaration. Watch the video, you even hear the question inflection on “nerfed”.
    It is both a declaration and a question. The question mark does not change a declaration to a non declaration. There is not an interrogative word in the title, which is required for it to not be a declaration, who, what, when, where, is, which etc.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

@Liss_Bliss_

where is the interrogative word?

Have to step in here. That's being dramatic, meaning the emphasis. As for catchy titles, that's a part of the platform you're working on. We can have an existential conversation about right and wrong, but you need to catch peoples' attention on YouTube. That's the market.
    I'd much rather have a catchy title and decent substance than an abrupt title and gobbledee goop. To be fair, Rich has been quite reasonable in the past, from what I've seen. There are certainly worse ways to use the platform. I don't need to cite. We've seen it.
    Cull has had 2 fixes. One subsequently made him more broken. The second fixed that. I'm quite positive they don't go into a second fix unless they're sure something is wrong.

Gobbledee goop Is that even a word?

Gobbledee goop Is that even a word?
    Urban Dictionary can help you out. Lol.
    @Ace_03 @GroundedWisdom
    I know. I was making declarative question joke.
    Doesn't have the same effect in a comment.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Member Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

@SquishyjrThe_4TH Can you go a bit further to explain how I didn't cover this story correctly?
    I'm watching my vid back and I take information presented on the forums that looks legit, that hasn't been discredited by either community individuals of Kabam. I have been following Cull Obsidians Changes from;
    . Covering him in the CCP (mentioned in my video)
    . The Thanos Favour's not staying paused (bug) of last month
    . The changes to the damage output based on, as said screenshots 'presented on the forums that look legit'

I personally felt based on the information, the delivery and not putting my opinion in that I covered it correctly. Thanks for the criticism, keeps me in check, cheers.

Well the title did say cull obsidian being nerfed which isn’t true
    Can you show what title you are referring to? Because both videos being talked about never once implied that.
    https://youtu.be/Vd7TofVK3rs
    The title on this one
    I have watched the video and he doesn’t go on like a raving lunatic about how cull is nerfed quite the opposite but nevertheless the title does kinda imply cull was being nerfed
    Inference is in the eyes of who reads it.
    What does that have to do with my reply all I as doing was talking about how the title does imply he was being nerfed nothing else
    But they title doesn’t imply he is being nerfed. “End off Cull” could mean ANYTHING.
    That’s the thumbnail the title says cull obsidian being nerfed?
    Yes that’s the title, titled as a question.
    But you know what here is a novel idea, let’s get back to the original topic. Do the numbers support Cull back to his original state, or after the fix is something still off?
    That's difficult to say considering he was bugged in his original state. Then fixed, and broke again. I think the real question is, is this the intended state?
    How was he bugged at release? The Thanos Favor issue came after he was released. And that issue was what resulted in the over damage.
    Wasn't there 2 fixes pushed? First fix resulted in the Damage increase.

Kind of.
    He was working as intended at release. The update broke something with his favors falling off. They fixed that but that resulted in a bug giving more damage.
    Next came the fix of the damage increase

Kind of.
    He was working as intended at release. The update broke something with his favors falling off. They fixed that but that resulted in a bug giving more damage.
    Next came the fix of the damage increase
    Ok. Feels like an Abbott and Costello routine. XD
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★
    @TheKiryu what synergy team were you using to get that regen at the start of the fight?
  • JustAnotherDudeJustAnotherDude Member Posts: 61

@TheKiryu what synergy team were you using to get that regen at the start of the fight?

Probably Nick fury with Deadpool or goldpool