**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Your most regretted rank up?

Comments

• Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    R4/55 morningstar, guilotine , storm ,rogue , doc oc Darkhawk,never get to use them at all
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

See that R4 Nightcrawler? He was my first R4 and I had T2As in overflow I was worried about expiring at the time. My luck started turning around after that and T2As take awhile for me to acquire so I really regret that rank up decision.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

my 6* hood. Decent at the time but should have waited a little bit.

Did you r2 hood?
    yes
    I love the hood and have been waiting ages for him as a 5 star to use this stupid mystic gem to take him to rank 4. With that being said, he would only be taken up for a fun rank up. The balls on you to take him to rank 2 as a 6 star....kudos my man. I bet he slaps hyperion around though.
    He does. He has served me well, but there are better, I have a 6* domino or Omega red that would have been nice to rank up. I did also rank up a 6* ST which may be my second regret but he is duped and makes a decent war defender.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

Mine is probably Angela to rank 4 a long time ago...ahe was my 2nd rank 4 and I was just excited to have another one. She helped me out a bit when I initially did it but then ended up with a duped 6 star angela a little while later. Dont use either of them ever.

I don't really have rank up regrets in that sense, because I don't rank them up unless I plan to use them immediately, or rank up resources are about to expire. The only way for me to have a rank up regret like that would be if I were to, say, do a rank 4 for an unawakened champ I have no intention of ranking to 5, and then pull them as a 6* the next day. Fortunately, that hasn't happened yet.

If I rank them up and get a lot of use out of them, and they help me progress, and then later they get superceded by other champs, I generally don't regret the rank up. I think about them like I think about old past cars I used to drive.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Duped OG Captain Marvel to R4 a long time ago. What a disappointment.

Luckily, we somehow got RDTs (PhoneMelt or some other fiasco) and back down she went.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    Iceman... Duh!!
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    4* ultron to 5/50 as a few days later i pulled him as a 5*. To make things worse the 5* ultron is dupped while ive my 4* ultron is still undupped lol
  • Options
    MassapealMassapeal Posts: 143
    For a really long time, Cyclops blue and Colossus were my only 4* mutants. I rank 5'ed Cyclops because I maxed out the amount tier 4 mutant catalyst I could hold and I had a ton of mutant iso8.
  • Options
    AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Wolverine. With the current state of the game, Wolverine is useless. And Im starting to regret Cull Obsidian
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,055 ★★★★★
    Ultron and Proxima r4, both due to t2a overflow. Use them only for aw diversity. Happy with my r4 ip though, smile every time I see him among my top champs, such a meme
  • Options
    X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Any 2015 5* tech champion. I'm never going to get to use that rank up gem. :#
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    Before 5*s were out, I took 4* MN Magneto up to Rank4 because he was my best Mutant and had heal block.
  • Options
    BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Cable as a 4* to r5.... never used him once for attack
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    As a solo player, I am usually really careful with resources, so there is only one rank-up I honestly regret: I took a Thor (Ragnarok) to 4/40.

I never liked anything about the character but thought I could convince myself to ignore that for the synergistic damage output, but nope.

Since then, I refuse to rank up characters unless I actually like playing with them or want to specifically test them at a higher rank
  • Options
    Jhutch825Jhutch825 Posts: 8
    Using my generic 4 star awakening gem on Abomination because it was the only 4 star I had and didn't know how rare the gems were.
  • Options
    dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    Mine was unduped 5* starlord to rank 3.
    Damn I miss those tech t4cc.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Ghost rider to 5-65
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I took my 5* Void to sig 190 and R5 after having just watched videos of him being very good. He's got his uses but he leaves me a bit cold, should have done Captain America
  • Options
    hclax12hclax12 Posts: 7
    I ranked 4 my 5* Cyclops Xavier New School some time ago. I was not patient and he was my first duped 5* mutant champ and I basically never use him outside of AW defense for Enhanced Sp 1 nodes. I regret it every time I log in and see my duped rank 3 5* Iceman on my roster. I really wish Kabam would throw a rank down ticket our way at some point or make it available in the store. My personal suggestion would be to up the loyalty token rewards as a 5* Unstoppable Colossus is really only a cool top reward the first time or two (if that).
  • Options
    Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    5* r3 Nebula she's good though with Proxima Midnight
  • Options
    TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    R4 5* YJ
  • Options
    GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    Quake to R4.

She is alright but never use her, I wish I would have ranked up mi wasp instead of her
  • Options
    BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    R3 colossus 5 star like 3 months before buff Was announced, just because i was really triggered
  • Options
    Dead1Dead1 Posts: 226
    4* Ironman IW and magik to r5. And
    5* Iceman and Hulk Rag. to r4.
  • Options
    1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★

M1k0rin said:

Proxima. Yeah alot people say her great ect. But i dont like the way to use her. . Not even for quest.

I just got a 5 star proxima and want to rank her up for fun in ROL when im bored, but I agree, there is no way I can see myself using her in a quest.
    A buddy of mine would use one for large bosses.
  • Options
    Immortal_148Immortal_148 Posts: 34
    Howard the duck 3/45