**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I Really need help with bane

I'm at the end of 5.2 and I keep losing significant chunks of health due to bane and then panic and in a hurry usually get hit.Any tips?

Comments

• Options
    Warbringer_7Warbringer_7 Posts: 28
    My champs are 4* maxed blade starky quake magik archangel (all awakened) a 4* max ghost and a R3 5* domino(unawakened)
    My 4/40s and 2/35s include void gulk hela(awakened) gamora(awake) cap iw(awake) symbiote supreme(awake) iceman scarlet witch(awake) killmonger sabretooth thing mr sinister masacre
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    Practice. Watch the timer, and make sure you're in the middle of a combo when the meter's about to run out.
  • Options
    AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Don’t panic. Relax, play as aggressive as you can.
  • Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,619 ★★★★★
    Just always keep your eye on the timer, it's good to always have a special attack ready to fire when you notice the timer ending soon. Bait the defenders specials early in the timer and yeah play aggressive. I was also concerned I couldn't get past bane but with enough practice you can get through it easily.
  • Options
    gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    Sometimes you may want to cut a combo short so that you will be able to start the next one at the right time.
  • Options
    Warbringer_7Warbringer_7 Posts: 28
    Thanks a lot.Will do.
    Was wondering, does any champion specifically counter bane?
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Rhino can get unblockable, this is Handy when your skill is rising but not on top.

He was my MVP for becoming uncollected back in the days when this node was brand new...
  • Options
    MasterChief1176MasterChief1176 Posts: 213
    What's the bane node? I'm asking so I can prepare in advance
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Cassy said:

Rhino can get unblockable, this is Handy when your skill is rising but not on top.

He was my MVP for becoming uncollected back in the days when this node was brand new...

Love it! "Rhino was my MVP" is not a phrase you get to hear often (I'm quite fond of him! My first duped 3* back in the day...)

Kingpin's Unstoppable Heavy attack can also be useful against Bane when the enemy is defensive.

Stuck with the advice above and remember: Bane turns your health into a weapon.
    You can use Bane to do your fighting for you
    Don't be too aggressive - get the hang of starting a combo just before the timer runs out (if you can. If you can't, a champ like Rhino, Kingpin, Thing or Awakened Cyclops can be helpful...)
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian

Stuck with the advice above and remember: Bane turns your health into a weapon.
    You can use Bane to do your fighting for you

This is probably the best advice. I think the biggest mistake players make with Bane, and it is a mistake I initially made, is to try to "work around" Bane. As in, try to get as much attacks in as possible in between Bane transfers. Bane is a weapon: you don't have to damage the opponent, you have to keep Bane on him and off of you. So your attacks are most useful as the means to control the fight, not to directly deal damage. Attack to push them back and to pace the right. Forget full combos and watch the timer. I use single hits or sometimes two or three hit combos when Bane first transfers, and try to get into a situation where I can start a combo when the timer is close to running out. That way I will transfer Bane during a combo quickly, with little damage to myself.

And since Bane's damage is based on the health of the champions, once you get the upper hand and the defender has low health, Bane is less of a threat. Don't panic if you get Bane on you once the other guy has low health, because the damage from Bane will be low enough to be no longer dangerous. It is all about getting control at the start so you have high health and he has low health. Then Bane is working for you, and not for him.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Aim for his venom tubes. Other than that maybe flash the bat signal?
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Pace yourself and play the timer. Don’t rush and take your time.

Start baiting special at sp1 so you can keep the transfer without risking sp3.

Don’t just 5 hit combo. Play combos to give you the right timing when the transfer will occur.

Use specials to transfer. When a combo doesn’t line up perfect you can throw a specials and extend the time of your combo opening the transfer window(especially true for longer specials.

Biggest thing though is don’t rush. If you play smart and are patient and calculated then the damage is minimal from bane. Worst things happen because people try to blitz this node down.
  • Options
    Immortal_148Immortal_148 Posts: 34
    Hey just remember that don't panic first of all. Try to hit him just before his bane is getting over. Hope this helps. @Warbringer_7
  • Options
    MawrCalleachMawrCalleach Posts: 260
    Just use quake,never take hit and never hit opponent. Cakewalk
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Try this.
    Take your highest champ.

Hit them once, then back off and defend without getting hit

Watch the timer

When it is low, hit them until the timer flips to you and then back to them

Rinse/repeat

Practice that to get the mechanics down, then get creative

Do you know how long fights will take that way? Like 8 min or something. Thats the worst advice ever
  • Options
    edited July 2019

I'm at the end of 5.2 and I keep losing significant chunks of health due to bane and then panic and in a hurry usually get hit.Any tips?

Use ghost for everything. I just used my 4* ghost to 100% 5.2.5. Ghost is amazing for that. You can end most fights with 1 SP2 if you parry before and heavy for some furys (With antman synergy). Scout your path and take counters for champs that ghost will struggle with (electro etc) try to bait the SP1
    If it doesnt work and bane becomes close just let them hit you while pahsing and attck back to give them bane again. Sometimes you need to do 5 hit combos with ghost. Remember to use health boosts as well to increase your bane damage. And practise vs moonknight in 5.2.5 or spiderman in 5.3.6. This are some of the hardest fights imo

You can also bring hood so you dont take bane damage while phasing (super useful)
  • Options

Seraphion said:

Try this.
    Take your highest champ.

Hit them once, then back off and defend without getting hit

Watch the timer

When it is low, hit them until the timer flips to you and then back to them

Rinse/repeat

Practice that to get the mechanics down, then get creative

Do you know how long fights will take that way? Like 8 min or something. Thats the worst advice ever
    That is just the strategy to learn and understand the basic mechanics of bane. Once you are comfortable fighting in that manner, and have eliminated the panic you can worry about speeding up the fight.
    Ah ok that makes sense. I thought this is a general fighting advice vs bane.
  • Options
    HfchangHfchang Posts: 186
    edited July 2019
    Practice. Time you combos shorter and watch the timer when it is just over half way. Bait specials and heavies to time during the last 1/4 so that you can pounce straight away with a 5-combo. Consider how long their specials take, too. Its just practice. You'll get it eventually.
    Be willing to fail. Failure is ok :-)