**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Summoner Showdown Tournament Begins July 31!

Comments

• Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Sooooo.....
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

Is this replacing the tournament that is usually held at NYCC? I'm guessing yes but I think still giving people the opportunity to do the usual beat 1-2 bosses and get a ticket for a wheel of prizes would cater to a lot more than 27 people.
  • Options
    I don't think it replaces anything. I'm not the one in the know but haven't seen anything that makes it seem like they won't have that sort of stuff going on at the Kabam booth.
  • Options

Sooooo.....

Is this replacing the tournament that is usually held at NYCC? I'm guessing yes but I think still giving people the opportunity to do the usual beat 1-2 bosses and get a ticket for a wheel of prizes would cater to a lot more than 27 people.

It is not! I don't have all the details on what's going to happen at Comic Con this year, but it's safe to assume we'll still have something like the recent tournaments running, but stay tuned for more details closer to NYCC.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★

Sooooo.....

It is not! I don't have all the details on what's going to happen at Comic Con this year, but it's safe to assume we'll still have something like the recent tournaments running, but stay tuned for more details closer to NYCC.
    Great news, thanks!
  • Options
    cling2cling2 Posts: 36
    edited July 2019
    This is great, I'm really looking forward to watching this! If it's hype, I fully plan on using it to lure friends into getting started playing this. I'm eager to see what it means for us Summoners already in the Battlerealm, too. I could imagine a cool interactive thing where we get to cheer for our favourite competitor or team and get certain prizes if they reach a certain rank or something. That would be a cool way to involve everybody. I would be way more excited and even more sure to tune in if I had some stakes in it. :)
  • Options
    Catherine said:

these guys are only the best at the game in there own minds... the funniest part is summoners who watch there videos and send them money literally bought there accts.

Not exactly. I’m not top ten in my squad let alone the game. As for videos, I’ve done very few and they are simple informational/instructional ones. Don’t have any account to receive funds for them, just made them to help people.
  • Options
    Immortal_148Immortal_148 Posts: 34
    What for the summoner who couldt be there?
  • Options
    Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★

I honestly don't see very many people (outside of Kabam or those participating) really caring about this at all.

I'm sure it's exciting for the participants though.

While it may not be for everyone, a lot of people all around the world tuned in to see the semi-finals and finals of the NYCC Tournament last year.

Although you may not be tuning in, others might, and might really enjoy the idea of watching other parts of their Community compete in the first Tournament for a game that they enjoy!
    Are we not allowed to Express our opinion anymore?
    Do you have to shut down everyone who respectfully disagrees with you?

I'm with the majority of people here that don't care about this "mega showdown".
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    I hope if it is "community leaders" tournament, then we are gonna see Seatin? Since ya know, all other youtubers accounts combined do not add up to half of the content he has pushed alone
  • Options

It me, trying to overcome the overabundance of salt in this thread
  • Options
    This can be regular summoners as well right? This is my first post
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,661 Guardian
    Jcobra25 said:

I honestly don't see very many people (outside of Kabam or those participating) really caring about this at all.

I'm sure it's exciting for the participants though.

While it may not be for everyone, a lot of people all around the world tuned in to see the semi-finals and finals of the NYCC Tournament last year.

Although you may not be tuning in, others might, and might really enjoy the idea of watching other parts of their Community compete in the first Tournament for a game that they enjoy!
    Are we not allowed to Express our opinion anymore?
    Do you have to shut down everyone who respectfully disagrees with you?

I'm with the majority of people here that don't care about this "mega showdown".
    In what way did @Kabam Miike prevent someone from expressing their opinion or shut down a poster by replying to them? By replying to that post, are you saying that @Kabam Miike isn't allowed to express an opinion and you're trying to shut him down now?

You're allowed to express an opinion. Everyone else is entitled to agree or disagree with or simply respond to that opinion. This is a discussion forum. Not a commiseration forum.
  • Options
    KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    Catherine said:

these guys are only the best at the game in there own minds... the funniest part is summoners who watch there videos and send them money literally bought there accts. exept bg you send him money and he doesn't put it in game??? don't get it build your own acct instead of someone else's

No one sends them money for thier account specificaly unless it's from a sponsor. Most people donate to somebody because they like their content and want to encourage the respective person to continue posting content. About how the money is spent, that's up for the creator of that respective content.
  • Options
    this appears to be a good starting point to get rewarded for being loyal. With As much time and money as I have spent (not as much as some players) on this game I feel they owe me AND the community. I can’t lie after being screwed on drax 4* arena event twice with over 3 mil points each time I think they owe me a tad even if it’s rewards like this. I was supremely pissed at the time and still kinda am.
  • Options

I hope if it is "community leaders" tournament, then we are gonna see Seatin? Since ya know, all other youtubers accounts combined do not add up to half of the content he has pushed alone

Did he move to North America? That was one of the stipulations for this event.
  • Options
    BadbabBadbab Posts: 5
    Nice
  • Options
    Stat said:

Oh, thats convenient
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    Stat said:

where's he from?
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

Stat said:

Oh, thats convenient
    Why did you specifically single out Seatin? out of everyone who didn't make it?
  • Options
    KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    bm3epps said:

Stat said:

where's he from?
    He's from UK i think
  • Options

Stat said:

Oh, thats convenient
    I already said why and you even quoted it lmao
  • Options
    WahyauWahyau Posts: 32
    Even fortnite and pubg have a world tournament going on and nearing five years mcoc is stuck in North America. Atleast have an online tournament for everyone to participate in.
  • Options

Stat said:

Oh, thats convenient
    I already said why and you even quoted it lmao
    i mean what you said was completely inaccurate....you want Seatin simply because he has the most subs?
  • Options

Stat said:

Oh, thats convenient
    I’m betting from a legal, logistical, and taxation point of view, it is. You also realize that Marvel is running this tournament right? It’s their stipulations not Kabam’s. Or does that not fit your angle?
  • Options
    King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    Will there be any requirements for variant 3.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

i mean what you said was completely inaccurate....you want Seatin simply because he has the most subs?

Yes
  • Options

Yes
    you're not asking because you want a "kabam hater" in there? He would have no chance to win obviously, i could understand being upset KT1 isn't in it or something
This discussion has been closed.