**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to train with Quake?

Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
edited July 2019 in Strategy and Tips
Just pulled a 4* Quake this morning, and I've started looking at videos to learn how to play her properly.

My question is not what to do, but how to practice it? I don't think there's much value in trotting her out in really easy fights against vastly inferior opponents, but if I go against someone too tough, I'm gonna get smacked down too quickly. What's the sweet spot to find a tough enough opponent to hone my skills, without being so easy I'm not really learning properly?

Any other tips, like good opponents for practicing her style or opponents to avoid? I've been kinda stuck at the beginning of Act 4 Ch 4 and I'm hoping if I can "git gud" with her she'll help a lot with clearing that.

I'm a bit short in ISO right now so I've only got her at just under R3. I'm also working on ranking a 4* Gwenpool I got last night, but I think Quake will get most/all resources for now. Is she worth stealing class ISO from other classes. Other than GP there aren't any other champs that are a priority right now.

Comments

• EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Hard to say. I practised in the champions clash challenge with revives lol. But just use her against various mystics in story to get an idea
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    I've been running through Act 2 and 3 exploration to grab the ISO I need to rank Quake and GP. Been using Quake for as many fights as I can. Even with how poorly I'm playing her, and it's been bad lol, she's still almost clearing the (admittedly, very easy) paths by herself.

It's frikkin HARD to play her!!!! But I can absolutely see the value in getting it figured out.
  • MCOCsucksMCOCsucks Posts: 39
    Quake and Shake is easier. Practice not hammering screen for heavy and as soon as you dex hit the heavy. Don’t wait to complete that action. It will que up once dex is done
  • MCOCsucksMCOCsucks Posts: 39
    Hardest part is understanding what attack ends their combo. The all evade style is easier than parry style
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    MCOCsucks said:

Quake and Shake is easier. Practice not hammering screen for heavy and as soon as you dex hit the heavy. Don’t wait to complete that action. It will que up once dex is done

Yeah, trying this one first. I've watched Dork Lessons' tutorial a couple of times. Any other recommended ones? Or is there really nothing else to watch and I just need to practice tons..?