**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ghost and Hood synergy question

afternoon, was in AW today use ghost and hood synergy when i phased and blade triggered his L3 when it passed i converted the bleeds but was still stunned ? why does the stun work differently to the bleeds ? if i’m phased then i can’t be stunned as it’s a debuff right ? or otherwise i’d be bleeding as well ? am i missing something ? i know blade has a percentage chance to stun the opponent but if i’m phased that shouldn’t be happening right ? happened on every L3 i phased through i got the fury for the bleeds but was stunned every time

Comments

• Options
    Severus35Severus35 Posts: 88
    edited July 2019
    Phasing with Hood synergy prevented any damage from Blade's Sp3 (3 sword strikes) and all potential damage over time (bleed, incinerate,..).
    Any non damaging debuffs (stun, armor break..) still apply though.
  • Options
    BashlordBashlord Posts: 218 ★★
    Ghost and Hood synergy is Ghost does not get damaged while phasing but in case of sp3, no dmg will be dealt but if any effect may occur due to it, will trigger such as stun, power drain from vision sp3 and more.

Ghost convert only DOT debuffs to passive fury.
  • Options
    roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    edited July 2019
    Stun debuff is not an DoT type debuff. Same applies to power drain like for example from Vision’s sp3.

The synergy only applies to damage over time such as bleeds, shocks, incinerate and frost as long it’s an non- passive type. But still doesn’t explain why degeneration from Dormammu is an passive type and yet the synergy is able to phase the damage during phase duration. But all in all! It only applies to Non-passive DoT debuff type. Hope that clears things up
  • Options
    jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215
    nevermind got my answer 😊
  • Options
    ah okay so DOT debuffs are converted but any other effect caused by the L3 is still applied got it. thanks guys
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    roberto94 said:

Stun debuff is not an DoT type debuff. Same applies to power drain like for example from Vision’s sp3.

The synergy only applies to damage over time such as bleeds, shocks, incinerate and frost as long it’s an non- passive type. But still doesn’t explain why degeneration from Dormammu is an passive type and yet the synergy is able to phase the damage during phase duration. But all in all! It only applies to Non-passive DoT debuff type. Hope that clears things up

The hood synergy has nothing to do with converting those debuffs. It only prevents her from losing any health from any source (passive or not) while phasing.

Phasing by itself is what converts damage over time debuffs like bleed, shock, incinerate (not passives) into fury, whether you have the hood synergy or not.

Phasing a sp3 that puts damage over time debuffs on you will automatically convert those debuffs to fury but you’ll still take damage unless you have the hood synergy. If you do then it’ll convert the damage over time debuffs and you’ll take no damage.

If it’s not a damage over time debuff it won’t be converted to fury, which is why she can be armor broken to neutralize her phasing and damage.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Rektor said:

roberto94 said:

The hood synergy has nothing to do with converting those debuffs. It only prevents her from losing any health from any source (passive or not) while phasing.

Phasing by itself is what converts damage over time debuffs like bleed, shock, incinerate (not passives) into fury, whether you have the hood synergy or not.

Phasing a sp3 that puts damage over time debuffs on you will automatically convert those debuffs to fury but you’ll still take damage unless you have the hood synergy. If you do then it’ll convert the damage over time debuffs and you’ll take no damage.

If it’s not a damage over time debuff it won’t be converted to fury, which is why she can be armor broken to neutralize her phasing and damage.

Hey there.

Converting? I know what it means but you take damage from DoT without Hood

He only wanted to know why he was still getting stunned. Even if it wasn’t an perfect explanation from me he now know that stun debuff is not an DoT.
  • Options
    i just thought of it as a debuff that i shouldn’t get while i’m phased is all but if it should still trigger stun then fair enough i just don’t thunk it should as i’m phased and not technically being parried or anything and it should cancel out everything. gunna try against a medusa L3 and see if her armour shatter triggers while i’m phased as that isn’t a DoT and if that doesn’t trigger then neither should the stun right ? based on the explanations
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    jdyke23 said:

i just thought of it as a debuff that i shouldn’t get while i’m phased is all but if it should still trigger stun then fair enough i just don’t thunk it should as i’m phased and not technically being parried or anything and it should cancel out everything. gunna try against a medusa L3 and see if her armour shatter triggers while i’m phased as that isn’t a DoT and if that doesn’t trigger then neither should the stun right ? based on the explanations

No you wrong with Medusa you definitely shuld get that’s aromer shatter is kind a aromer break And only dots danmged debuff is convert to fury.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    jdyke23 said:

The problem with Medusa sp3 is that it’s an armor break type so Ghost won’t be able to phase it and won’t be able to activate Phase during the armor break duration.

Ghost is great against many champions as long it’s not an stun type or armor break type :)
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Bashlord said:

Ghost and Hood synergy is Ghost does not get damaged while phasing but in case of sp3, no dmg will be dealt but if any effect may occur due to it, will trigger such as stun, power drain from vision sp3 and more.

Ghost convert only DOT debuffs to passive

Rektor said:

roberto94 said:

Did you know that you still take damage from that healreversal node in act 5 while phasing when you have the hood synergy