**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When will Gifting become available again?

GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,206 ★★★★★
Anyone got an idea?

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Anyone got an idea?

Not in the way it was. It was used for CC fraud.

It will probably be brought back as part of a future monthly subscription based offer, if I had to guess.

Not trying to stir sh*t up, but that's kind of the direction we're moving in.

contrary to what you claim that is all you are trying to do. There is no indication of this, and that WOULD have players up in arms because players already had to pay for it once before.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Anyone got an idea?

It will probably be brought back as part of a future monthly subscription based offer, if I had to guess.

contrary to what you claim that is all you are trying to do. There is no indication of this, and that WOULD have players up in arms because players already had to pay for it once before.
    No indication? Come on, stop being so intellectually dishonest, mate.

They did not plan on removing the gifting function indefinitely, so they do plan to bring it back somehow.
    The fact that it was bound to at least one "bigger" purchase in the past is a clear indication that if they bring it back it won't be free.
    Those that had the gifting badge got compensated for its removal, so from kabams side they can start completely fresh and new.

So if we can expect the gifting function to come back and for it to be part of some purchasable offer again, it would make absolutely no sense to not make it part of the sigil or a similar offer in the future, depending on the overall resonance of these subscription based offers.

Players grab their pitchforks at least once a week lol. If that's your best argument against kabam doing something like this you must be kinda delusional.

And mind you, I'm not saying this is good or bad. I never had the gifting badge anyways, so I don't really care.
    Except all of that is pure speculation, there is no indication that is what they would do. You specifically stated as part of a subscription offer, that would alienate a large portion of the players, including those typically ok with things like sigils.
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    People got double units for gifting badge compensation. People are fine... if they have to buy it again they’ve more than gotten their money back from the first go. Actually happy the gifting badge is gone... has almost eliminated all the beggars and moochers in global.

🐻
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Anyone got an idea?

They did not plan on removing the gifting function indefinitely, so they do plan to bring it back somehow.
    The fact that it was bound to at least one "bigger" purchase in the past is a clear indication that if they bring it back it won't be free.
    Those that had the gifting badge got compensated for its removal, so from kabams side they can start completely fresh and new.

So if we can expect the gifting function to come back and for it to be part of some purchasable offer again, it would make absolutely no sense to not make it part of the sigil or a similar offer in the future, depending on the overall resonance of these subscription based offers.

Players grab their pitchforks at least once a week lol. If that's your best argument against kabam doing something like this you must be kinda delusional.

And mind you, I'm not saying this is good or bad. I never had the gifting badge anyways, so I don't really care.
    Except all of that is pure speculation, there is no indication that is what they would do. You specifically stated as part of a subscription offer, that would alienate a large portion of the players, including those typically ok with things like sigils.
    Also, yes this is pure speculation. I literally said "[...] if I had to guess."

Did you feel like that was somewhat of a counter to what I said? Put a little more effort into whatever you're trying to do here lol.
    The issue is you came here just to start stuff, then claimed otherwise. There was no need for the pure speculation post that has no evidence for it.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Either this will come in as an added perk of sigil OR they'll just bring it back for the holidays. Kabam makes way too much money during the gifting event to not bring it back.

Game integrity be damned when it comes to their wallet.
  • Options

Either this will come in as an added perk of sigil OR they'll just bring it back for the holidays. Kabam makes way too much money during the gifting event to not bring it back.

Game integrity be damned when it comes to their wallet.

every time there is a charge back for fraud it costs them $25 AFTER the return cost, that eats into their wallet, so it matters a lot.
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    It'll atleast return temporarily when Gifting events happen
  • Options
    solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    Should be never - too much opportunity for fraud.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Anyone got an idea?

Did you feel like that was somewhat of a counter to what I said? Put a little more effort into whatever you're trying to do here lol.
    The issue is you came here just to start stuff, then claimed otherwise. There was no need for the pure speculation post that has no evidence for it.
    In his first post he literally said he didn’t, you kept responding to him. The Sigil establishes a precedent and the way forward of kabam
    just because you say "I am not here do to X" does not mean that you are really not here to do X....If I say I am not here to fight someone, then I punch him in the nose, well I just belied what I stated.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Anyone got an idea?

In his first post he literally said he didn’t, you kept responding to him. The Sigil establishes a precedent and the way forward of kabam
    just because you say "I am not here do to X" does not mean that you are really not here to do X....If I say I am not here to fight someone, then I punch him in the nose, well I just belied what I stated.
    I said I'm not here to stir sh*t up. But seemingly I stirred you up.

If that's equal to you then that's your opinion and you're entitled to that, buddy.
    Personal attacks now huh?
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Anyone got an idea?

I said I'm not here to stir sh*t up. But seemingly I stirred you up.

If that's equal to you then that's your opinion and you're entitled to that, buddy.
    Personal attacks now huh?
    Massive lol. You literally have the audacity to try and tell me what my intentions are and now you feel attacked?

You lack any willingness and/or capability to directly adress what I said, but you still feel the need to reply with essentially empty comments.

I think it's obvious that I stirred you up.

Now, how you seem to connect that to what I literally said up there is your thing.
    What exactly did I not address? Evens till I dont have to address everything you stated...

And you are the one who created the equivalence, not me.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Anyone got an idea?

They removed it because it was used for Fraud, both with Credit Cards fraudulently used, and for the sale of Items within the game for real money. They have deactivated it perhaps indefinitely. It may return at Event times in a capacity that can't be abused, but that's up in the air. They're not going to create a Subscription Service for it and open it up to be abused again.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Anyone got an idea?

They removed it because it was used for Fraud, both with Credit Cards fraudulently used, and for the sale of Items within the game for real money. They have deactivated it perhaps indefinitely. It may return at Event times in a capacity that can't be abused, but that's up in the air. They're not going to create a Subscription Service for it and open it up to be abused again.
    I never said they'd release it just the way it was. Why they removed it is irrelevant here, since if they reintroduce it they've most likely overhauled it to prevent such activities.

How they might reintroduce that is the only thing I've focused on.
    If they create a Subscription Service with it, that opens it up to be exploited. That's the point I'm making, and they're not going to let that happen.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Anyone got an idea?

Yeah that also goes for Kabam there is not an exception there.
  • Options
    ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    Why is gamora

Much easier question to answer
  • Options

Lormif said:

Anyone got an idea?

I never said they'd release it just the way it was. Why they removed it is irrelevant here, since if they reintroduce it they've most likely overhauled it to prevent such activities.

How they might reintroduce that is the only thing I've focused on.
    If they create a Subscription Service with it, that opens it up to be exploited. That's the point I'm making, and they're not going to let that happen.
    How would an overhauled gifting system, that functions in a way we don't know, since it isn't implemented yet, be more exploitable as part of a subscription based offer than it would be as an indefinite part of a bigger cash offer as it used to be...?

I never talked about the old system being stuffed into the sigil.
    There is no way to overhaul it and charge a Subscription Service that couldn't be exploited. Any exchange of money would be.
  • Options
    The only way you could control it is by having a limited source of Gifting Resources that could be controlled in-game. Even then, there's the possibility of someone setting up another Black Market Ring where they exchange money for Items outside the game. It's an extremely sensitive issue considering the degree of abuse that's occurred.