**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hit a stump...do I suck at the game?

So I recently completed my first run of act 4 with a full set of 4* 4/40s but now I can’t seem to progress. I’ve tried master eq and it seems insanely difficulty after chapter 1. Act 5 is out of the question, and so is act 4 100%. I just find all those too challenging, so isn’t there something I should be doing or do I just suck? Kinda feels like I’m just being forced to buy revives tbh

Comments

• Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Just keep hammering away at Master. Is not a case of if you beat Act 4 then you can immediately do master. I know it certainly took me a couple of months to fully explore my first one, same with uncollected. Do the side events and get as far as you can to get rank 5s. If you don’t have an evade counter this month is a pain but next month might be better

On a side note, if it’s the sym spidey you’re stuck on just wait out the evade timer and I’m unsure if he has the languor node in Master but if he does, don’t parry at the start. You need to take a few blocked hits or intercept him otherwise transducer will reduce your power to 0 and kill you
  • Options

Just keep hammering away at Master. Is not a case of if you beat Act 4 then you can immediately do master. I know it certainly took me a couple of months to fully explore my first one, same with uncollected. Do the side events and get as far as you can to get rank 5s. If you don’t have an evade counter this month is a pain but next month might be better

On a side note, if it’s the sym spidey you’re stuck on just wait out the evade timer and I’m unsure if he has the languor node in Master but if he does, don’t parry at the start. You need to take a few blocked hits or intercept him otherwise transducer will reduce your power to 0 and kill you

Thank you man, that’s super helpful :) and yeah it’s the evades that I’m struggling with despite the strategy I’ve practiced
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    4Et3rnity said:

Thank you man, that’s super helpful :) and yeah it’s the evades that I’m struggling with despite the strategy I’ve practiced
    No problem. A good tactic for evade is parry then medium, double light. They can’t evade while stunned. This also make stun champs great for them. Also if you have a venom, he’ll shred. Even as a maxed 3* I reckon. Spider men can’t evade while his klyntar buff is active

• Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    yeah, when I came back after my 2 year "vacation" ... :) they had introduced 6*, and and my best champ was still my rank 2, duped Iron man (original) that I pulled during early 5* time.

I found the Master level EQ pretty rough .. and was struggling with Act 5.

Fast forward a few months ... I am now uncollected, clear Master EQ easily ... and 1 run on Uncollected with "difficulty" ... but doable.

Just be patient .. the biggest mistake people make in this game is the "I WANT IT NOW" mentality ... take a breath ... enjoy the game .. don't worry about not being able to clear certain content (yet) .. it'll come in time ..
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    It's an unwritten rule that you should 100% Act 4 before you start Act 5, and I tend to agree. You learn to do longer fights and endure and play with a certain kind of intensity.

I'd suggest chip at way at 100% Act 4 then you'll find starting Act 5 or doing Master much easier.

You'll find a new 'intense' and 'endurance' level of play once you've done it.
  • Options
    BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    Hey mate, dont worry about not beating EQ. In Chapter 3 already, the enemys have a 11000 Rating and the bosses even more. Plus, every Mission provides a really anoing Boss, i struggled a big lot against spidey stark and stealth Suite! And i used 5 star r3s and 4 star r5s!
    If you really wanna grow fast, then go into an alliance that does AW like silver 2 and Aw map 4 and 5, so you can farm many rank up items and 4 and 5 star shards. This way your roster grows and your Champions get ranked up! Plus you can do act 4 100% meanwhile focussing on aw and aq.
    So another time, now concluded:
    Join a silver 2/1 alliance with map 4 aq and at least 2 bgs aw. Use ur best champs there!
    Use ur other champs to farm the iso from act 4
    This way you get champs (Aw and Alliance Event quests) which you can rank up (AQ and Act 4)
    <3
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    i became uncollected at the beginning of the year and i still haven't been able to fully complete uncollected event quest but I'm getting closer so you dont suck you just gotta get a 5/55 4* and you'll be fine all part of the game
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    If you've completed Act IV I would suggest trying to get some top champs to 550 and 100% 5.1 to get the generic AG. Act 4 100% is a long slog... For EQ there is a lot of specific fight help and advice available on here; come ask a specific fight or quest question and you will be hooked up (also search it).
  • Options
    Thank you all, super good advice <3