**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Forced sigil badge on profile picture

mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
edited August 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
It's really no one else's business if someone buys the subscription. The indicator on the profile picture needs to be optional or removed.

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    With the way people have stigmatized others for paying for something in game I don’t blame you. But it goes further than the icon on the profile people can look up your titles and use the Summoner Supreme against you also.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Yes please
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Yes this should be removed
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I respect that you feel that way, but personally I don't give a flying fig what people think about my spending. I don't let other people dictate what's acceptable to do with my own money.
    Also worth pointing out that IS the Sigil. Lol.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I respect that you don’t care about other’s opinions (actually do, since it’s a skill people struggle with online), but I also respect peoples’ desires not to want the stigma that goes with spending money on this game. Personally, I just think it’s gaudy. The marker that shows you have a new title is also kind of irritating
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

i dont even want ppl knowing i am uncollected

Off-topic but I was actually keen to find out sometimes whether a Summoner is Cavalier, Uncollected, Contender etc.

It is not entirely representative but ... like I won't try to poll an advise on whether to rank 2 6-Star champ x especially when I don't even have a single 6-Star.

• SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

I respect that you feel that way, but personally I don't give a flying fig what people think about my spending. I don't let other people dictate what's acceptable to do with my own money.

Weirdly aggressive comment, so, ummmm - congratulations? 🤔
    Snizzbar said:

Weirdly aggressive comment, so, ummmm - congratulations? 🤔
    Wasn't meant to be aggressive, or pointed at anyone. I just have no time for people who want to judge my spending habits. No one in particular here. Just the stigma in general. In the words of RuPaul, "Unless they payin' yo' bills, pay them ******* no mind!".
    There's entirely far too much judgment towards people who spend on the game.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

It's more about it being no one else's business what I do with my money.

Broadcasting if someone spent or not should be up to the individual not the game.

There is already a title which someone can use if they want to be know if they have spent or not.

• Even if you were to choose a different Title other than Uncollected, Cavalier, etc.. It is still possible for others to look at your Profile and see ALL the Titles which you have earned (not just the 1 you have picked to be represented by). This would include the new Sigil-based Title.

Leaders/Officers use that as a gauge for how long someone has been able to do Master Level monthly's, how active they are, how strong they are, etc. And people use that in AW to get a sense of how strong the opponents Masteries might be (based on maybe how far they’ve progressed in game).
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★

That's exactly why you should have a choice
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    If they remove the notification every time I log in I'll be happy. Drives me nuts.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

Even if you were to choose a different Title other than Uncollected, Cavalier, etc.. It is still possible for others to look at your Profile and see ALL the Titles which you have earned (not just the 1 you have picked to be represented by). This would include the new Sigil-based Title.

Leaders/Officers use that as a gauge for how long someone has been able to do Master Level monthly's, how active they are, how strong they are, etc. And people use that in AW to get a sense of how strong the opponents Masteries might be (based on maybe how far they’ve progressed in game).

The Badge does not indicate progression, skill, level ect, just if someone made a personal choice to perform a purchase.

It is akin to broadcasting to everyone Hey this person bought units this week, or this person bought t4b/t2a.

This is why it should be optional and not forced. If a person wants people to know they decided to spend money on something, it should be up to the person to share that information if they wish to.
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    I don't mind it. Either way is fine, but it's a shame that people get shamed for spending their money on something they want. I'm a proud spender in mcoc. Every hobbie cost money.
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    I don’t want to place the title for the sigil active and the notification never goes away, even after I enabled it. It’s like the game is saying enable this title or we will bug the mess out of you until you do. I don’t respond to passive aggressive behavior lol
  • I don’t want to place the title for the sigil active and the notification never goes away, even after I enabled it. It’s like the game is saying enable this title or we will bug the mess out of you until you do. I don’t respond to passive aggressive behavior lol

Actually, it does that either way. I activated the title just for fun and the little red '1' notification keeps coming back. Left it enabled mind you since it started. Still there everytime I log in. It's just confused I guess. The notification system has, gone senile, lol. Everytime you login now, hey, check out this new title. Yes, I saw that. Oh.... *next login* hey, check out this new title! For the love of.... YES I KNOW!!!
  • Nova_NomenNova_Nomen Posts: 9
    You think Kabam wouldn't want it advertised that the game took a step closer to play-to-win, I think they'd benefit from making it optional as to not alienate people that don't spend that much, or any money at all. Even though they don't make money from f2p summoners, they still gain a lot of 'word of mouth advertising' from the large pool of players, paid or not.

(And before anyone says anything, I'm not complaining about in game purchases, I buy stuff from them all the time, it just doesn't make sense to me from an advertising standpoint)
  • Thanks for the feedback on this one! We'll take it up as a Suggestion and let the rest of the team know where folks are coming from with it.
  • Unkind182Unkind182 Posts: 19

Thanks for the feedback on this one! We'll take it up as a Suggestion and let the rest of the team know where folks are coming from with it.

Also, can u reduce item charge days in black market ISO from 12 days to 7 or 5 days
    And also remove HP boost from crystals for players who already lvl 60

Even if you were to choose a different Title other than Uncollected, Cavalier, etc.. It is still possible for others to look at your Profile and see ALL the Titles which you have earned (not just the 1 you have picked to be represented by). This would include the new Sigil-based Title.

Yep.