**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back Issues #3: Polar Opposites

Once upon a time, a mutant of incredible power sought to shatter the Battlerealm and free his kin through any means necessary. Surprisingly, the one who opposed him most greatly was himself!

Introducing, Back Issues #3: Polar Opposites!

Available 10am PT, Wednesday August 14th!

As the Contest has grown and evolved we’ve introduced many Event Quests, each with their own unique stories, and many that have expanded on the mythos of The Battlerealm and The Contest of Champions. We want to give Veteran Summoners a way to relive those moments, and newer ones that weren’t with us at the time a chance to experience the stories of the Contest that they had missed out on!

This Event Quest is available in TWO difficulties:

CLASSIC difficulty is a recreation of the original quest. While not completely 1:1, the layouts, difficulty, and dialogue are all the same as you remember. Take a stroll down memory lane and see how far you've come, or experience a quest you never got the chance to play!

VARIANT difficulty is a new spin on the quest, available for Summoners level 45 and up. This version features more of a challenge, new opponents, updated map layouts, and new combat effects for the boss fights. This quest will test even the mightiest of Summoners, so be prepared! You can find out more about the challenges you will face in Variant Difficulty in our latest Dev Diary post here: https://playcontestofchampions.com/dev-diary-added-difficulty/

The Variant Challenges!

Variant Difficulty will test not only your skills, but your knowledge of Champion abilities, immunities, resistances, and counters! Those who rely on only a few Champions will find the need to diversify.

Like Back Issues #2, we’re going to be encouraging the use of certain Champions. This time, you’ll want to take advantage of the Composite Construction (All Tech Champions in this fight are immune to Ability Accuracy Modification) and Stack Overflow (Each Tech Champion on the Attacker's Team increase the Attacker's Debuffs Duration by X%.) Global Nodes to boost the power of your Tech Champions!

For even more of a power up, use the Mutant hunting Sentinel to take advantage of the brand new “Apex Manufacture” Global Node geared specifically to the Mutant hunting Sentinel! Apex Manufacture allows Sentinel to gain Analysis Charges even faster, and to deal bonus True Damage per Analysis Charge!

Take a look at the new Buffs you’ll be combating or benefiting from:

These are in addition to other nodes that you have already experienced.

Rewards:

This Back Issue Quest features 6 Individual Quests over 3 Chapters, unlike Back Issues #1 and #2, which featured 9. Quest Rewards reflect this.

For completing and exploring all of the Classic quests, you earn:
Tier 2 Generic ISO x3
Tier 3 Generic ISO x16
Tier 4 Generic ISO x9
Gold x9575
Units x150
Premium Hero Crystal Shards x8000
3-Star Hero Crystal Shards x2000
Stony Core x1

For completing and exploring all of the Variant quests, you earn:
5-Star Rank 2 → 3 Gem Crystal x3
5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gem Crystal (2015/2016 Champs Only) x3
5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gem Crystal x1
5-Star Rank 4 → 5 Gem Crystal x1
5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal x1
5-Star Crystal x2
Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments x27000
6-Star Crystal Shards x2250
5-Star Signature Stone Crystal x42
Gold x2,100,000
Units x270

NOTE: Colossus is a Final Boss and Old Man Logan is a Mini-Boss encounter in this Variant Difficulty. We have tuned the difficulty of this Content to compensate for where we believe their rework will land them in terms of difficulty. They will be updated when their rework is complete. Summoners that complete this before the rework will have the chance to fight their current kit.
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• Davidr27Davidr27 Posts: 57
    Awesome. I can’t wait. No gates though right?
  • Yh this event will really test out my strength for my roster
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    The classic either has way too much energy required or too few rewards... even 3 cores or 3 t1a would be more in the ball park. There’s no player this really caters to. New players should do story and event quest, veteran players have no use for these rewards especially for the energy spent. Do it for nostalgia? 😂😂😂😂 ok.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    As a Star-Lord, Sentinel, Vision, Sparky, and IMIW owner, this quest pleases me greatly.

And once I get Warlock, this quest oughta be a breeze.

Let's go.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,131 ★★★★★
    Props kabam I'm gonna enjoy this alot seems like a fun back issues and making it like something to do with the old eq it's going into a direction I really do like and enjoy it like this also as makes the quest actually fun to play also what will the ambushes be in terms of pi and health/attack as the yj in v2 was just insane for a ambush in like chapter 2 where the attack wasnt even where the ambush yj was
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★
    No class or rarity restictions, NICE
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Awesome. This actually gives me a use for my 5* IP. And if he is even buffed, even better
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Will both the "Selective Timestream" and "Picture of Health" nodes be applied at the same time?
    If so, I guess Void wouldn't work,or any heal reversal champion ...
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    This sounds along the same vein as V2, although it seems like there might be a lot of focus on incinerate and shock. Thankfully there’s no rarity, class, or size restrictions so we can bring a number of counters.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Best news we've got in awhile. I'm really looking forward to the content and sweet rewards. This is excellent!
  • H345CH345C Posts: 19
    You guys are excited about using your tech champs. I’m more wondering how many of these nodes will stack on Tech defenders. Because I imagine an IMIW with a few of these nodes on him could really dampen some spirits.
  • Damn... I was really holding out hope that there would be big buffs for mutant champions..
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    1) will there be a unit deal upon completion?
    2) what will be in it :)
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    H345C said:

You guys are excited about using your tech champs. I’m more wondering how many of these nodes will stack on Tech defenders. Because I imagine an IMIW with a few of these nodes on him could really dampen some spirits.

Well if it’s anything like past variants, there will probably be a buff or two per quest. You won’t (or shouldn’t) see all the buffs together in one quest.