**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    I think people are just over-reacting , maybe because they announced it WAY too early.
    The game was released by the end of 2014, 4*s were PRETTY DAMN rare. However after 2 years, in 2016, 5-stars were released, Same thing is happening now, almost 2 years have passed, time for the next big thing and that's 6-stars, in 2018.
    If they would've announced them in Jan 2018, people probably wouldn't think of it as such an absurd idea. But as kabam say, i guess it is better for us in a way. Think about it, 5-star shards became available to us when 5-stars got released (in quests and stuff) and it took us quite a lot time to gather them, but now since they're releasing them beforehand it'll work in our favor. Also, duping 5*s and getting lesser stuff than duping a 4* didn't make much sense anyways(same iso and no shards) , That's gonna change now.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Also the new Grandmaster crystals will have 5* champs in them, so there will be many more dupes than there previously were @Hulksmasshh

Do you think the drop rates of 5* is going to be high?
  • Options
    DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    Bro they can be bought for 200 units too. The whales are going to be thousands

I agree with you there... expecting the whales will be milked on this as usual... Unless Grandmaster crystals are totally replacing PHC, it doesn't make sense
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    Also the new Grandmaster crystals will have 5* champs in them, so there will be many more dupes than there previously were @Hulksmasshh

Do you think the drop rates of 5* is going to be high?

Lol, of course not. I didn't quote on my initial comment (should have), but he referenced only obtaining 6* shards through duping 5* champs and stated how many 5* pulls he has earned. I'm simply saying there will be more opportunities to pull 5* moving forward.

I'm still against the whole 6* idea as well, it has me feeling a little hopeless and that my progress was really all for naught.
  • Options
    I have been playing for almost 2 years & have paid a good bit of $$, I cannot express how much this 6* idea infuriates me. I will be quitting unless they pull this scam down. There is a lot of ridiculous stuff in this game, but this is the last straw
  • Options
    What about max sig 5* ? Any crystal planned?

Not yet, but this is something that we are thinking about for the future.
  • Options
    NeowantsyouNeowantsyou Posts: 198 ★★
    This was too rushed. People here struggle to get a 5* and r4 them, and kabam are already introducing 6*'s. This just makes the strong stronger and the weak weaker.

And we thought 5* are the future lol.
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    So I saw something about increase rewards thru aq and aw did anyone at kabam explain exactly by how much and when?
  • Options
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Hey hey, Peeps! Now that you've had a chance to read our lengthy post about 6-Stars HERE, this is the space to discuss with each other, ask questions, and share your thoughts. As a reminder, a few rules of engagement:

1. Keep it on topic. Off-topic comments will be deleted.
    2. Keep it constructive.
    3. Be kind to each other. You're going to have differing views from time to time, but we still expect you to speak to each other with respect, no matter what your position is.

We've already anticipated several questions you may have surrounding these, so please take a moment to look them over first - you may find that an answer to your burning questions has already been provided :) Those can be found here.

We realize we've made a few announcements today, if you wish to discuss those please ensure you do so in the relevant discussion threads for those specific topics!

Thanks for reading :)

• Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Here is the reality: at this present moment, ONLY ONE r4 5* is possible (act 4 100* rewards). Other t2a set came as compensation from version 12 issues. LOL remains the ONLY source of t2a.

Don't forget the 10% of a T2A from each monthly quest.

• Options
    DocStrangeDocStrange Posts: 36
    Working very hard to get a few 4/55 5*s and getting into an endgame alliance gave me such a sense of accomplishment. Now I feel that I am being set back and will have start all over again. My sense of accomplishment is gone. Can you please not add 6*s into the game? Or just make them NPC that you fight in quests?
  • Options
    GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    So I am unclear about the update to AQ rewards/Glory store for accessibility to rank up items. Has this occurred with the new season or do you guys have a timeframe of when you are going to be changing the placement/milestonecrewsrds?
  • Options
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Here is the reality: at this present moment, ONLY ONE r4 5* is possible (act 4 100* rewards). Other t2a set came as compensation from version 12 issues. LOL remains the ONLY source of t2a.

Don't forget the 10% of a T2A from each monthly quest.

Dont forget it takes 4 of them to rank a 5* to R4. That's 40 monthly quests.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Dont speak for myself, i see the changes in 2018 a positive thing. Invest your resources wisely !
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    edited August 2017
    oh boy. Of course the paying players will get 6 stars like candy while we have to play catch up
  • Options
    Enjoy the game why you feel the need to catch up, catch up to what, please !!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I finished LOL and did not rank up a third 5 star!!!! That is smart! You choose how to play and how to use your resources. Why being so dramatic! No one forces you how to invest your stuff!
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    I know 6*'s are a ways off, but they really need to spend more time fixing the bugs. It's relevant because I am still trying to build up my 4* roster. I have restarted an event quest several times today because I fight well for a while and then hit a bug that gets me destroyed. I refuse to spend more resources to keep compensating for these problems.

Building a 5* seems out of reach for me for the foreseeable future. I can't imagine caring about a 6*. I think a lot more people would be psyched about 6*'s if they had a good roster of maxed out 5*'s and were ready for a new challenge. Most of us aren't even close to that. If my 4* roster is going to become virtually obsolete, I am hard pressed to find a reason to keep grinding. Having to start all over to build a 5* and 6* roster doesn't seem appealing in the least.
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I finished LOL and did not rank up a third 5 star!!!! That is smart! You choose how to play and how to use your resources. Why being so dramatic! No one forces you how to invest your stuff!

Are you seriously pretending like you somehow new 6* were going to be announced this soon?
  • Options
    Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Does this mean we will eventually see 5*'s of older champs that have been intentionally withheld?

Wolverine
    Electro
    Doctor Strange
    Scarlet Witch
    Gamora
    Black Widow
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Why not instead of just adding 6* champs, give us the option to "prestige" a champ from 5* after we max him out? This would alleviate a lot of the issues that people are having with their champs being knocked down a notch and could also be added for 4* to 5* (since the resource bottleneck will still limit the champs we can "prestige" and then rank).

For example, I get the cats needed to finally max my 5* Voodoo to 5* 5/65. Once this is done, I have the option to prestige this champ to 6* 1/1. Then I can proceed to rank him up again as far as I can as a 6*. The trade-off would be that I would obviously lose prestige and utility by moving him from 5/65 to 1/1 again, but I then have a 6* Voodoo with a (potentially) much higher ceiling.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    So, by my count (bear with me I am going to round up) we are 20 weeks away from the first week of January.

I think it would be a good faith gesture to the players if you would implement a weekly login calendar that starts giving these 6 star shards. That way if we login and take some ownership of our account then we all feel like we have somewhat even footing when this thing goes live. If you stretch out the 10,000 6* shards needed for a crystal over the aforementioned 20 weeks then it is only 500 shards per week that you could distribute over each day.

Please consider it.
  • Options
    420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Thawnim wrote: »
    So, by my count (bear with me I am going to round up) we are 20 weeks away from the first week of January.

I think it would be a good faith gesture to the players if you would implement a weekly login calendar that starts giving these 6 star shards. That way if we login and take some ownership of our account then we all feel like we have somewhat even footing when this thing goes live. If you stretch out the 10,000 6* shards needed for a crystal over the aforementioned 20 weeks then it is only 500 shards per week that you could distribute over each day.

Please consider it.

@Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ It might create some goodwill.
  • Options
    Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Thawnim wrote: »

Please consider it.

And the first champs in the crystal will be:
    Kamala Khan
    Spidergwen
    Groot
    Luke Cage
    Shehulk