**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How many docks does it take for players to stop modding in AW Seasons?

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Modding is at an all time high. Whatever method is being used against modders is not working.
    Wow. That’s beast mode. 😂😂
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    We all know Vision is beast mode... Didn't ya'll see Infinity War, he was the MVP in that movie.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Modding is at an all time high. Whatever method is being used against modders is not working.
    I'd love to see what a mod has to say about this. Some sort of "We're very serious about cheating and will continue to monitor" yada yada would at least show they're listening.

Pretty ridiculous when you have blatant cheaters on the same accounts for 11 seasons now and nothing has happened.

It's not like it's brand new people/alliances that do this sort of stuff. Take a look at every docking list for the last 10 seasons,....a lot of repeat offenders in there with the same people.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Werewrym said:

We all know Vision is beast mode... Didn't ya'll see Infinity War, he was the MVP in that movie.

he had a pretty bad headache after tho :o
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

I'd love to see what a mod has to say about this. Some sort of "We're very serious about cheating and will continue to monitor" yada yada would at least show they're listening.

Pretty ridiculous when you have blatant cheaters on the same accounts for 11 seasons now and nothing has happened.

It's not like it's brand new people/alliances that do this sort of stuff. Take a look at every docking list for the last 10 seasons,....a lot of repeat offenders in there with the same people.

I’d be more interested in higher ups at Marvel’s opinion on this months long situation. Maybe Jay Ong or Bill Rosemann?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Here’s one of the many (many) videos sent in to support. The view’s been changed to only show the IGN of Champion boss owner:

https://youtu.be/nV_qhDaSKuI
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

_ASDF_ said:

merc2212 said:

GroundedWisdom is their anyone you agree with?

Hey man... and everyone else reading this...

Please just stop responding to this guy. It only makes him craft more posts specifically designed to crawl under someones skin. He is obviously not trying to have a conversation about the game. He is trying to find a way to make people waste their time by writing super long responses to him. Just don't do it. Tree falling in the woods people....

This is not true at all. I don't comment to incite any reaction. My thoughts are my own. Equally, I don't agree or disagree for the sake of doing it. My views are considered through my own thoughts and shared. I don't just argue to go against the status quo. I also don't agree just because everyone else agrees. This is a discussion. People will express their own thoughts and ideas. In a respectful conversation, people can agree or disagree in a respectful way. They don't have to see things eye-to-eye. They just have to disagree in a way that's not personal or unproductive.
    6,600 disagreeable comments begs to differ. Other valued opinions like melodic metals are insightful rather than incite-ful. It’s absurd to claim disenfranchised alliances that lose to cheaters shouldn’t be compensated, but you tend to stand against the community. There was no “war” if an alliance modded. Therefore the losing alliance was damaged and missed out on shards for their time, effort and items. Not exactly game breaking to compensate out of fairness. Good grief.
    I'm not standing against anyone. I'm saying I don't agree with Wins by default. I could care less how many Disagrees there are. It's just spammed like Flags. Some people make a job out of clicking it on anything people say. That's pretty much why it was added. People want to anonymously hate on others, they can have at it. Doesn't do anything.
    Saying you don't agree with wins by default in this case is saying you think people that lose impossible contents to cheaters deserve the loss. Most of the world of gaming/sports disagrees.
    The determination isn't that one side should have won and one side should have lost. They're not changing the outcomes of the War. They're reprimanding Allies for violating TOS. That's it. They're not saying one side is the loser because they cheated. Total misconception.
    That’s the most broken and illogical way of thinking. Both the cheating alliance is being reprimanded and the loser is staying a loser because one side cheated. Because kabam failed to prevent the cheating, an alliance has lost AW season points and upwards of 30,000 5* shards. The “loser” didn’t lose, they put in the effort, cash and units to compete against another alliance that cheated them out of an opportunity to win. That’s why your way of thinking is broken. It’s assuming the non-cheating alliance ever had a chance at winning.
    Being cheated out of an opportunity to win, as you put it, is not a reason to give a guaranteed Win. You can word it how you like, but I'm not going to agree with giving Wins by default because the other side was caught cheating.
    How many times do you plan on accusing me of just trying to start something while simultaneously trying to start something?
    We're done.
    People spam them. Ever since the Flags were removed, that's the new thing to use. You can keep pointing that out, but we're all aware of that.

Keep the back and forth with other forum members to PMs. AW Season 11 is four wars deep with 0 docks for many alliances that have modded their war to master tier. Can we please get some feedback on this situation from a Kabam employee?

I can't speak for them, but I suppose there's not much they can say on here. I'm sure they're aware. They don't discuss actions, so that leaves small room to say much. In the meantime, the best thing to do is for people to send a Report to Support when they encounter anyone.

I can't speak for them, but I suppose there's not much they can say on here. I'm sure they're aware. They don't discuss actions, so that leaves small room to say much. In the meantime, the best thing to do is for people to send a Report to Support when they encounter anyone.

Players have been submitting tickets for months. Aside from a single-digit # of AW Seasons points docks for modding and slightly more temporary account bans nothing has come from players submitting support tickets. If Kabam’s system allows players to utilize mods in violation of MCOC’s terms of service, the system is at fault. Alliances that compete in AW Seasons with fair and honest play are being punished for doing so when matched against players who utilize APK mod software without being punished. That’s the fault of Kabam’s system, not the fault of players.

The logic behind not awarding wins to cheated alliances is solid, whether players agree with that logic doesn’t matter. At a minimum, players should be eligible for some sort of compensation when cheated in competitive game modes. For example, an alliance that loses to opponents that mod X amount of times could have their season points total adjusted to only include the number of wars they completed against opponents who didn’t use mods. This adjusted leaderboard points total could then be used outside of actual season-end leaderboard rankings like Kabam did a few season ago with MNG. Lastly, Kabam could also require developers to actually play MCOC so they could analyze data more accurately when implementing mod detection protocol.
    I'm not talking about Compensation anymore on the subject. Lol. I've said how I feel and I think it's becoming repetitive.
    The question is, how do you know nothing has been done?

I'm not talking about Compensation anymore on the subject. Lol. I've said how I feel and I think it's becoming repetitive.
    The question is, how do you know nothing has been done?

The current AW Seasons leaderboards shows 2 alliances that have modded every war this season in top 5 master rankings. Players have been submitting support tickets that include video evidence of modding about 1 of those alliances for more than 2 months. That alliance has had 1 AW season dock and 0 member account bans. This is common knowledge for top war alliances because players keep track of modding alliances’ members through last login shown as well as modding alliances member changes to see if any bans have happened.
    Actions aren't immediate. In any case, what is it you want to see happen? Ban them all? I doubt Kabam is going to confirm that they're going to ban a specific Ally or Player. There isn't anything outside of reporting it and leaving it to them that we can do.
  • Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96
    chunkyb said:

How many times is reporting it and leaving it to them ok when there's no action taken?

That's the frustration being voiced (and the actual topic) in this thread.

When you play a game for 4 years, 4 to 8 or more hours a day, and especially at high levels... You have an intimate knowledge of what is possible and what is not possible in this game. It's not mysticism or science, it simply is game knowledge.

When you (and a few hundred others with the same game knowledge that regularly communicate with each other) play against one of 3 particular alliances season after season, you see all you need to see.

When you (and a few hundred others) monitor these 3 alliances over the course of several seasons, you also see when action has been taken and when action has not been taken. You know the signs, you know the blowback. None of it is there.

When you (and a few hundred others) see a pattern of behavior that isn't stopping because of temporary bans or points docks, when you see the methods used starting to spread, when you see players bouncing to other alliances to repeat the process... You see exactly what's happening.

This thread isn't about guesswork, it's not baseless allegations, it's not crying over losses or lack of rewards. It's high level, knowledgeable, long-term players LITERALLY begging kabam to up their game FOR THE GAME ITSELF.

It's players trying to properly use the reporting protocol as designed to beg kabam to take appropriate action. And it's players telling kabam that those reporting protocols and the system of checks in place as of now have simply failed.

No one is asking for a hand-written letter laying out information that shouldn't be laid out. The only thing anyone wants is to know they're heard, know that Kabam is taking this extremely seriously, and know that Kabam is putting a laser focus on an issue that has been ongoing (by the same group of cheaters) for at least 3 seasons. That's all. Then, everyone can sit back and wait, allow kabam to do their thing.

So, we're waiting.

@Kabam Miike
  • weapon_xweapon_x Posts: 29
    How is Kabam letting this alliance stay in masters? They need to be perma-banned for clear cheating.

Automated mod detection is not working in their case for some reason, they have to be manually reviewed by someone @Kabam Miike. Please don’t wait until end of season.
  • LayermonkeyLayermonkey Posts: 24
    chunkyb said:

How many times is reporting it and leaving it to them ok when there's no action taken?

When you play a game for 4 years, 4 to 8 or more hours a day, and especially at high levels... You have an intimate knowledge of what is possible and what is not possible in this game. It's not mysticism or science, it simply is game knowledge.

When you (and a few hundred others with the same game knowledge that regularly communicate with each other) play against one of 3 particular alliances season after season, you see all you need to see.

When you (and a few hundred others) monitor these 3 alliances over the course of several seasons, you also see when action has been taken and when action has not been taken. You know the signs, you know the blowback. None of it is there.

When you (and a few hundred others) see a pattern of behavior that isn't stopping because of temporary bans or points docks, when you see the methods used starting to spread, when you see players bouncing to other alliances to repeat the process... You see exactly what's happening.

This thread isn't about guesswork, it's not baseless allegations, it's not crying over losses or lack of rewards. It's high level, knowledgeable, long-term players LITERALLY begging kabam to up their game FOR THE GAME ITSELF.

It's players trying to properly use the reporting protocol as designed to beg kabam to take appropriate action. And it's players telling kabam that those reporting protocols and the system of checks in place as of now have simply failed.

No one is asking for a hand-written letter laying out information that shouldn't be laid out. The only thing anyone wants is to know they're heard, know that Kabam is taking this extremely seriously, and know that Kabam is putting a laser focus on an issue that has been ongoing (by the same group of cheaters) for at least 3 seasons. That's all. Then, everyone can sit back and wait, allow kabam to do their thing.

So, we're waiting.

chunkyb said:

So, we're waiting.

If you're going to try calling people out, you should probably get your facts straight.
    Winning is the same greedy motivation that compels people to cheat. Winning without earning it. Giving the Win without earning it is the same thing, without breaking rules.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    What is factually inaccurate?

Was the Kentucky derby runner-up not declared the winner?

When someone used the rope in tetherball, was the other person not declared the winner?
    Yeah no. You know what I was referring to. If you're incapable of discussing it without digs, we can move on in the conversation.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    So you’re finally admitting that you just try to blow up threads and take them off topic. Much appreciated.
    What are you reading? That's nothing like what I said. I'm talking about the dig about never beating The Collector or playing Gold 3. Your information is incorrect, and calling me out is not a useful way to communciate.
    If you want to discuss the topic, great. If you can't do it without getting personal, talk to someone else.
This discussion has been closed.