**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Things most people have to learn the hard way.

2»

Comments

• Options
    LazuliLazuli Posts: 94

- it costs less to exit out of a quest you fail and spend 30 units on an energy refill, than it does to revive (those 10 extra units all add up!)

Remember the exact moment i learned this lesson. But yeah this and that sometime its definitely smarter to get a team revive for 100 than a single one for 40, because if you die again that’s 80, almost hundred for a two revives vs 100 for your whole team
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Is it just me was YJ sp1 easier to dodge back in the day

I think you're right. I had it down to a perfect science for awhile and recently I've been getting clipped by the tail end of it. If you see 2× Dexterity popup, you're likely gonna get clipped at the end. You see 3× Dexterity popup, you've successfully evaded it, lol.

Those Unblockable S1 YJs still occasionally get me, even knowing the general timing. If you're off by a millisecond, you're gonna get clipped. Moreover, a hard lesson learned was not letting my anger of such get the best of me by immediately retaliating with a special intercept. That Power Sting got me a few times in my early days, lol. Whooops!
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    Evading YJ's L1 is a matter of distance - if you're up close you'll get clipped by the bottom of the beam. You have to have some distance between you - which is why if he's got his L1 you need to either not finish your combo and evade back, or send him back with a heavy or a special. The same goes for BPCW's L1, as said above. As to why it's changed, I think they shifted the hit box a bit so that you'd effectively get clipped on the ankle.

To add to this list though:
    - NEVER buy PHCs
    - Don't sell champs just to get those last few crystals for a 4*/5* - you'll be worse off in the long run
    - How & when you spin/open the crystals makes literally no difference to the outcome. See also: the debunked "wait for the crystal to fly in from the top-right corner" myth
    - Regular arena play is vital to progressing in the game - especially if you're F2P. Not only do you get critical resources like champion crystals & units, but you also get plenty of practice with and against various champions.
    - For units and unique event resources, it's worth doing at least a single run through every difficulty of event quests.
    - If you're KO'ed on a difficult boss because you screwed up - restart the quest and spend the 30 units on energy rather than reviving and healing your crew, possibly multiple times
    - It's well worth watching various YouTube videos on different parts of content, from different creators. Can also be worth watching livestreams (or replays thereof) to see how those players do things, you might pick up interesting tips.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,730 ★★★★★

Evading YJ's L1 is a matter of distance - if you're up close you'll get clipped by the bottom of the beam. You have to have some distance between you - which is why if he's got his L1 you need to either not finish your combo and evade back, or send him back with a heavy or a special. The same goes for BPCW's L1, as said above. As to why it's changed, I think they shifted the hit box a bit so that you'd effectively get clipped on the ankle.

To add to this list though:
    - NEVER buy PHCs
    - Don't sell champs just to get those last few crystals for a 4*/5* - you'll be worse off in the long run
    - How & when you spin/open the crystals makes literally no difference to the outcome. See also: the debunked "wait for the crystal to fly in from the top-right corner" myth
    - Regular arena play is vital to progressing in the game - especially if you're F2P. Not only do you get critical resources like champion crystals & units, but you also get plenty of practice with and against various champions.
    - For units and unique event resources, it's worth doing at least a single run through every difficulty of event quests.
    - If you're KO'ed on a difficult boss because you screwed up - restart the quest and spend the 30 units on energy rather than reviving and healing your crew, possibly multiple times
    - It's well worth watching various YouTube videos on different parts of content, from different creators. Can also be worth watching livestreams (or replays thereof) to see how those players do things, you might pick up interesting tips.

We know how to evade YJ sp1 we were just talking about how it used to be easier
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    My thing that I found the hard way was

You cannot parry and immediately attack Mordo without consequences
  • Options
    KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    Spamming light attacks and eating specials with your face while throwing 2/3 specials while the enemy is blocking isn't an efficient way to fight.
  • Options
    TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    Rogue removes debuffs faster. I cannot count the amount of times I parry then go in but she hits me
  • Options
    Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    1. Featured Crystals are garbage
    2. Stark Spidey requires constant skill honing
    3. You can sell iso for gold
    4. Bugs have to be reported or they won't be fixed
  • Options
    hope4tghope4tg Posts: 149
    dont ever trade 3 t4cc for the random crystal on the special crystals tab. It is a great big ole waste
  • Options
    CtuchikCtuchik Posts: 352 ★★
    Parrying BPCW while he has a armor up buff is not worth it.

Taking a 5* champion to r4 then immedietly after popping a 6* crystal and pulling the very same champion kind of sucks.
  • Options
    Viktor252Viktor252 Posts: 44
    I fought countless fights in the arenas with a class disadvantage before realizing you could switch them up... LOL
  • Options
    BogiaBogia Posts: 125
    Viktor252 said:

I fought countless fights in the arenas with a class disadvantage before realizing you could switch them up... LOL

Me too. Or that you could pick the team you fight against. Before I figured it out, I was always wondering why the three champs I was fighting were different than the three on the first screen. Now I know that they are three different teams, and you only get to see the top champ on each team.

Also, higher level champs get you more points in arena matches, so use you lower level ones to ramp up to the triple multiplier.

When I first started playing, synergies seemed so complicated to keep track of, and I had so few champs that I couldn't synergize anything, so I just ignored synergies for the longest time. They really do matter, pay attention to them.
  • Options
    ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★
    That posting quality of life changes that would help the game from being such a drain on time will be taken notice of and put behind a paywall
  • Options
    MawrCalleachMawrCalleach Posts: 260
    Thinking you can do that thing a youtuber once did. Ouch
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Also, that combos can be done Medium, Triple Light, Medium for the best damage (you can even chain heavies to combos with certain champs).
    Use the beginner arena brackets while you have the chance.
    Learn how to bait specials.
    Learn about counters to things like regen, evade, etc.